Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle 15/02/14

shanemfc7

You would have thought that the referee would have made efforts to arrive a bit earlier or am I being unfair?

I reckon it'll be at our request to delay it until 1pm, since the SPFL called it for earlier

give the pitch every minute extra it can have,

they'll also probably steer the ref through the good areas first.

Maybe if we had another couple hundred grand in the club reserves from society investment we wouldn't be gambling a pitch to get what £15k? - £25k? cash into club

• Like 1

the forecast last night stated the rain would stop around 09.00 so a pitch inspection at 12.00 would have been fine.

However it didn't stop raininuntilll 10.30/11.00 so thinspectionon was delayed.

There could have been an inspection at 09.00 but the game would have been off.

Since noon the sun has been out and there is a light wind which will also help dry out the pitch.

Thanks to the efforts of everyone who turn up this morning I doubtno doudt that the game will be on (I worked out we must have shifted over 7000L of water)

If the ref thinks otherwise fuck him

• Like 1

Tremendous game and always brilliant to get it up that wee bawbag Higginbotham. His second goal was top class, right enough.

Defence was a bit of a mess in places and felt Ainsworth wasn't too interested in defending at times, which led to them having space to use against Hammell who looked solid if vulnerable at times at RB.

Showed brilliant character to come from behind having been in front, which I'm delighted about. Thought that McCall's subs were at the right time and brought a bit more urgency - I felt Anier coming on gave the team a lift; quite why he hasn't been starting I don't know.

Hoarse from all the abuse to Higginbotham and the cheering at the end.

Tremendous game of football, not likely to be topped this season - the guys from Go Ahead Eagles that were in the East with us couldn't have picked a better game to come to.

so how many times has Gunner made a cunt of it today? Fuckin shocking throwing points away at home against this mob

edit - Made a bit of a cunt of that eh, Fuckin mental finish

I actually felt he had a better day today; he was given a few mental back-passes by Angol (who isn't exactly oozing confidence at the minute) and made a few good saves.

If you'd told me this morning we would ship three and the goalie wouldn't have been to blame for any of them I'd have struggled to believe you.

I think we maybe paid the cost to a degree for players being a bit rusty and some of them clearly not quite 100% fit (Vigurs, McManus and Carswell). But for guts, determination and will to win you have to doff your cap to them tonight. If you want to achieve anything in a league competition that is the kind of game you have to ground out a win in and that is what we did. I thought at the time Archibald taking Higginbotham off was a mistake because he was able to run with the ball and relieve some pressure from them and he has a goal in him, had he not done that I'm not convinced we'd have won it. Reminds me a bit of the 3-2 game with Hibs when Fenlon took Doyle and Griffiths off and handed us the impetus. But that said we had to dig in and dig in we did.

Thought it started off a bit scrapped but by the end it was brilliant entertainment.

I suspect Higginbotham will feature heavily in the game discussion and I felt the turning point of the game was Partick's decision to take him off. He was ripping us down that side of the pitch and having a bit of a stormer.

We looked a bit rusty in some areas, we didn't really work the wide areas well enough and Ainsworth in particular was very quiet in the first half. I'm a big fan of Sutton but I felt he also struggled to get into things although he did eventually get an important goal.

Second half things really hotted up and it was end to end stuff. We looked open at the back especially down the right with Hammell in an unfamiliar position and Ainsworth not helping out much defensively (perhaps just as well given his tackle that gave away the penalty).

0-1, 2-1, 2-3, 4-3. Unbelievable stuff. Felt both teams could score every time they came forward.

Great comeback, shame Higginbotham wasn't on the pitch though to sample defeat!