Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle 15/02/14

shanemfc7

One good game in ten doesn't make him a good player. Too often when he played for us he didn't fight to get into a game and at times left us a man short.

The fact he's playing for thistle say it all.

As for the game, at 3-2 down I thought we were doomed, great effort from the guys to grab all three points.

he didn't put the ball out in the first game when carswell was down injured, clattered lasley early in the second game and did the same again today.

The game after he scored the overheard he was a sub at dundee and spent halftime sitting in the dugout bouncing a ball. He obviously came up to try and revive his career and feels he was treated unfairly, he probably blames us for being stuck at thistle.

One good game in ten doesn't make him a good player. Too often when he played for us he didn't fight to get into a game and at times left us a man short.

The fact he's playing for thistle say it all.

As for the game, at 3-2 down I thought we were doomed, great effort from the guys to grab all three points.

I hope he has a stormer next week to help thistle to their first home win!!

Don't get the Higginbotham abuse, did nothing wrong when playing for us could have seen a lot of good stuff from him IMO if his time here hadn't coincided with McFadden's return. Scored one of the best goals I've seen at Fir Park

Good luck to the guy.

To be fair Reynolds left the club after a longer spell and under good terms and got fannies behaving like baying hyeena's.

Elements of our support gave it out, he gave it back, we universally sang "Callum, what's the score?" all part of the pantomime. Based on us starting it, he's entitled to give us a bit of banter back and the above didn't stop me getting ripped into him at every opportunity. But that release is part of why I pay my money.

As for the standard of the football (not the rollercoaster of goals), I thought it was very poor at times, no doubt the condition of the park played its part, the first half was a bit of a non event for me.

Ainsworth's lazziez faire antics at times frustrates. However that lunge was bloody crazy, I don't understand when it was obvious he pulled out of the tackle it then merits a yellow card, surely its the intention to foul for gain or malicious intent that's penalised?

Hammel's fist pump when the fourth went in said it all to me what the win meant.

McCall warned us yesterday that today was going to be a struggle today and it proved to be the case. Carswell, McManus and Vigurs doing well to get through the game while not being fully fit. McFadden practically dragged us to the win.

Exciting conclusion and a big 3 points but we'll need to step it up a fair bit to get a result at Tannadice.

• Like 1

Yes our back 4 when there is an absentee it's panic stations. ZFA aint a left back. Hammell fabulous left back aint a right back. But hey MARVELLOUS last 5 mins and took me ages to unwind after that. Have to say Higgyarse had a cracking game for them and i was glad to see him subbed. :thumbup:

McManus is a big Jags fan so he must have had mixed emotions when he scored the winner. My Jags mate told me that the majority of his family support Celtic, however, his mum took him to watch Thistle and he has supported them ever since.

the only partick thistle fan in viewpark and at holy cross, it must have been a hard life :laugh:

Higginbotham's challenge on Lasley looked a nasty one from the cooper stand. Can't believe he wasn't even booked.

Yes, it was. It took place right in front of us and was a vicious tackle. He was nowhere near the ball and was single mindedly going to do Las. A yellow bordering on a red. If that wasn't enough he took a sly boot at Vigurs out of sight of the ref but not out of sight of a few punters. Although he's a talented player that did not go down well.

An entertaining game with a great comeback and it was obvious we were ring rusty. At times our defending and midfield was comical but we showed loads of character to come back late in the game. So many moves just didn't quite come off for us today and on a better day they will. I suspect 2 or 3 of the players weren't quite fit and it showed.

McManus' winner was an absolute cracker - a goal all the way!

Lastly a huge thanks to the groundsman, his staff and volunteers. Due to your efforts the club's cashflow situation has eased and we picked up 3points.

• Like 1

Great entertainment.

Maybe not the greatest quality of football with plenty of mistakes by both sides, however both sides attacked and tried to win the game. Just glad we were able to win it in the end.

As for the pantomime villain, the game in Scotland has been sterile for far too long and you cant beat a player that can noise an entire support up like that. It added greatly to the atmosphere and made it all the sweeter when we won. He also played very well. Pleased he wont be enjoying his Saturday night as much as us though!

I'll take that every week between now and the end of the season.

As for the pantomime villain, the game in Scotland has been sterile for far too long and you cant beat a player that can noise an entire support up like that. It added greatly to the atmosphere and made it all the sweeter when we won. He also played very well. Pleased he wont be enjoying his Saturday night as much as us though!

I don't mind pantomime villains at all but when a player puts in a tackle as bad as he did today I draw the line at that.

I don't mind pantomime villains at all but when a player puts in a tackle as bad a she did today I draw the line at that.

Didnt see the tackle but will take your word for it. My Thistle supporting mate wasnt happy with Lasley for similar reasons but Im struggling to recall that one either.

1392515104[/url]' post='406114']

I'll say that result has me glistening in pre cum !! I was in a chronic hangover earlier and never went to Fir Park but was in a certain shite pub in Wishaw and when mick scored i went a bit mentalish. GIT IT RIGHT UP YE YA SHEEP SHAGGING FUCKERS WE ARE STILL SCOTLAND'S 2'ND BEST ! (Sevco who ?)

You were in pishy and couldn't get a bus down to watch the game? Poor show