Fir Park Flexi Ticket

Toxteth O'Grady

As a Season Ticket holder who has already missed two games this season and was one bowl away from making a final that would have meant missing all three, it is something I would consider however as I mostly work 9-5 Monday to Friday, going to get the vouchers could be a pain. Also looking at the remaining home games, unless through illness or something unexpected, the only one I think I would miss is if we are at home on the Saturday immediately after the split so should still attend 16 games of the 19 minimum meaning the season ticket should remain as value.

I would like to think if this is a success the club would modify it to make it more practical in future seasons. For example, make the vouchers any game unreserved seat vouchers that could be handed in at the turnstyle except for all ticket games where the ticket would need to be exchanged in advance for one with a seat number. But I can understand why they want to manage demand in the ticket office to start with.

so should still attend 16 games of the 19 minimum meaning the season ticket should remain as value.

Surely the better option in your circumstances going forward would be:

10 game flexi ticket = £155

5 game flexi ticket = £77

1 pay at the gate = £20

So £252 opposed to £295 early bird or £310 standard pricing East ticket. I've just saved you 20%, surely that is better value?

Can't help but feel that a 10 game ticket should be £1.00-1.50 more expensive than the season ticket cost per game and the 5 game ticket £2.50-3.00. To use £15.50 as the blanket multiplier for these tickets is short sighted and a mistake I reckon.

Both offer savings than paying at the gate but don't erode the value of season tickets to a) the club (£300+ money upfront in the summer before) and b) fan (why would you bother committing a lump sum in future when you have this scheme that is less risky).

Yeah it will be interesting to see how popular it is and also how it is marketed moving forward. I would assume it won't be available once the season ends until we are a month or so into the next season.

Or do we shift completely away from the traditional ticket and offer everyone flexi and with bolt ons like guaranteed seat, friendlies inc...maybe even include a drink/pie each game as a bolt on? Tier the pricing where buying a full season works out cheapest, 15 games a wee bit more, 10 games a bit more again etc.

Opportunity to market something very different, if it proves popular AND beneficial to the club.

Surely the better option in your circumstances going forward would be:

10 game flexi ticket = £155

5 game flexi ticket = £77

1 pay at the gate = £20

So £252 opposed to £295 early bird or £310 standard pricing East ticket. I've just saved you 20%, surely that is better value?

Can't help but feel that a 10 game ticket should be £1.00-1.50 more expensive than the season ticket cost per game and the 5 game ticket £2.50-3.00. To use £15.50 as the blanket multiplier for these tickets is short sighted and a mistake I reckon.

Both offer savings than paying at the gate but don't erode the value of season tickets to a) the club (£300+ money upfront in the summer before) and b) fan (why would you bother committing a lump sum in future when you have this scheme that is less risky).

What I meant was that the ST was still value compared to PATG which at the time of purchase was the only two options. However, yes that would have saved me £43 you are quite right, however, going to FP each time would be a right royal pain in the chops. I imagine they are going with a favourable deal to gauge demand this season and the prices will be slightly less favourable for the flexiticket next year if it is continued.

1410181882[/url]' post='420828']

do we shift completely away from the traditional ticket and offer everyone flexi and with bolt ons like guaranteed seat, friendlies inc...maybe even include a drink/pie each game as a bolt on?

Yes. I can see fans of other clubs wanting this too. Season tickets were great when games were always played Saturday 3pm, but we all know they get changed with no thought to the paying punter. Personally I think the 10 game one is perfect. I wouldn't buy a season ticket, but would happily hand over cash in advance for ten games. Others may do the same for five. It may be a way of getting casual fans who are over charged at the gate to commit to a few games each season, and that for me is a positive note.

The five game ticket would be a cracking Xmas gift for a casual punter.

Seems like a good idea from the fans point of view. Something that would definitely interest me as someone who has had season tickets on and off as work and now family commitments have changed.

From a club/business point of view, it would be instead of a season ticket, and would make it easy to miss less appealing games.

(For those concerned about the ticket collection, seems you can pick out games in advance, so not a problem provided you know what games you want, theoretically I don't see any reason why you couldn't just use the voucher at the turnstile for 90% of games? Otherwise it's a winner for me.)