Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Played really good in tbe first half and losing Lawson really affected us. Whether he was the difference or United stepped it up im not sure, but reid doesnt offer the range of passing to link the midfield and attack as lawson does. Second half it was all United.

Dan played a stormer today and didnt deserve to be on the losing team.

Really, while im dissapointed to be out the cup, im only angry at Kenny Black. To think about bringing kerr on for a defender at 1-1 was bad enough signaling he was happy to take a draw. They score, we are heading out the cup with 5mins to go and still bring him on when we have attacking options in Ainsworth and Thomas on the bench is unforgivable!

Also, as much as Josh Law is shite, he was actually half decent today.

J

1417282670[/url]' post='425903']

I can understand why he didn't want to put Ainsworth while we were still in the game because it would have left big spaces for Dundee Utd to exploit.

I think he should have come on at 2-1 though.

Black should have stopped the sub. Actually Kerr was looking at Black when DUtd scored, probably wondering if he was going to change anything but Black did let the sub go ahead without even trying to stop it. Joke.

Also, while I accept there was a bit more effort in the game, I still think we where always the 2nd best team.

I guess the Society will take over with an announcement on Monday, but wondering what's next.

Good first half performance with Vigurs, Law, Ojamma, Angol and Lawson all great. Second half change to 4-5-1 was a wrong move and you could see when Lawson went if off it really rattled us. Reid does a job and blocked passes but unfortunately does not have the skill of Lawson and therefore we lost composure.

That's said, the two goals were very defendable and we should have done better at them.

Some signs of improvement in fight and endeavour , but still woefully lacking in fitness and creativity . Effort can only take you so far , and in games like todays the extra wee bit of quality of teams like Utd will always win through in the end .

First 30 mins was decent and Twardzik was outstanding , but after they drew level there was only ever going to be one winner .

Credit to Utd for bringing over 2k through with them today , but our own crowd figures are alarming , and with only bottom 6 and a potential relegation battle remaining between now and May we could be looking at record lo attendances just when the club can least afford it . Testing times .

Best first half by a mile, first time i have seen anything in Lawson, but with him fit and playing like that we would be a different side. His passing was outstanding and created out best passages of play.

The way he went off he it looked as if we wont see him anytime soon.

2nd half united turned the screw and Ojamma , Angol combo disappeared completely. Lasley ran himself into the ground, making up for the usual lazy Vigurs who also disappeared. Part of the problem is we get very few runners from midfield getting past Sutton, who took some pelters but won more than his fair share of flicks and knock downs.

United's many one on ones came from there midfielders running on to balls

As everyone has said Twardzik was outstanding. To get done at too set pieces was gutting. Sutton and Angol to blame poor marking from what i saw

Well it ended with the outcome I suspected it might, although we gave them a closer run than I thought we would. That, and the lateness of their winner only makes it that bit more painful.

First half was great. Brilliant game of fitba to watch and even better that we had the lead with a belter and were fully deserving of it. Intensity, creativity, ability. It was all there. You were never fully comfortable however with the way United can destroy teams on the break but on the whole, it was great.

The second half I felt we never ever got going. How much of that was down to Paul Lawson going off? Well, we can only speculate but safe to say his first 45 were right up there with the best he's turned in, since joining us. United stepped up a couple of gears whilst we gradually ran out of steam and had to thank Twardzik for a Randolph-esque like display of goalkeeping for staving off the what eventually felt like the inevitable for as long as he did.

The 3rd substitution rankles. Why? Why when you've just conceded, and at that stage of the game, would you not change your intended sub? At that stage even if ZFA was injured there was still no need for it. We had Ramsden and Reid on the park who've played there already. Baffling.

That we had that chance with Sutton right at the death was just the final wee boot in the baws.

I'm left with a mixture of contrasting feelings at the end of it. Delighted with the first half performance, some wonderful goalkeeping yet ultimately gutted to be out particularly having held the lead at the break even if over the piece I couldn't say Utd's win was undeserved.

Really good first half. Best this season. Rode our luck a little but still think we deserved to be ahead at break.

Thought we were hard done by when Thomson shat red carding their defender when Sutton was through on goal and although we cant say it cost us the game, these things can be crucial.

No arguing Utd were the better team second half. Losing Lawson hurt us as did the poor substitutions so over the piece no real arguments.

Plenty to be positive about going forward into the league games.

We are typical of a team in the relegation zone of a league - can't score more than one goal per game and always concede at least two! IMO, if we had got a second goal today before they equalised the game would have been won.

Fact is we lost two goals today from headers in around our six yard box and yet we have two gargantuan centre backs? IMO these two need to be shown the door - two of the softest centre backs I've seen at FP since Willie McCallum.angry.gif Couldn't keep hens out a midden.

Dear knows what we'll be like when Ojaama leaves!

I think that's harsh. Lasley was terrible though, I thought. A lot of effort but made the wrong choice again and again.

Amazing how people see the game differently. I thought Lasley was immense in the first half, absolutely everywhere and never gave the ball away. Like everyone else (except Dan) though, struggled badly in the 2nd half.

• Like 1