Sc Motherwell V Dundee Utd 29/11/14

Yabba's Turd

Depressing watching the highlights with so many spaces in the east and cooper. Certainty not a picture to suggest that the club could survive fan ownership.

On the game, how many times are we conceding a goal from Sutton losing his man? If it wasn't for his track record against Celtic, I'd be dropping him next week.

Missed today's game due to work, but was itching to go. Can't believe how low that home attdndance was today . Despite our poor run of form, would have thought a mouth-watering tie and reduced prices was enough to tempt people out . I guess many have been scunnered by events on and off the park.

Depressing watching the highlights with so many spaces in the east and cooper. Certainty not a picture to suggest that the club could survive fan ownership.

On the game, how many times are we conceding a goal from Sutton losing his man? If it wasn't for his track record against Celtic, I'd be dropping him next week.

True on both points. The home crowd was depressing, yet was more than Dundee had at home and more than the 3 (total) attendances at the other all SPL sides.

For a big guy Sutton loses his marker all too often and IT does cost us goals a LOT.

Thought it was a big improvement, certainly in the 1st half. All players deserve praise for their efforts in the 1st half. That said Law missed a sitter.

As for their 2nd. what the f#ck ZFA. That defending or distinct lack of it is/was criminal.

Well played Dan - MOTM. Kept us in it

Disappointed not to see Ainsworth come on. Yes he can be poor, but we know he can score and set up goals and that was what we needed when it was 1-1 and 1-2angry.gif

Its actually fucking bollocks being a Well fan just now.

It ain't a dip in a 'roller coaster' before that phrase is rolled out, it's just total and utter shite, unprofessional on and off the pitch.

It's no surprise we had that low a crowd we are in a total and utter mess from the top to the bottom with a complete apathy surrounding us at the moment. Not a thing to get excited about.

Disappointed not to see Ainsworth come on. Yes he can be poor, but we know he can score and set up goals and that was what we needed when it was 1-1 and 1-2angry.gif

I assume Ainsworth was amply rewarded for last seasons performances in his new contract but so far it's another wasted wage although I wouldn't blame Ainsworth for that.

He didn't start two league games in a row for McCall this season and he only managed two under Black before being dropped today.

7 League starts from 14 for Ainsworth this season and he's still our top scorer.

It's no surprise we had that low a crowd we are in a total and utter mess from the top to the bottom with a complete apathy surrounding us at the moment. Not a thing to get excited about.

It was no surprise because Motherwell FC in their infinite wisdom took it off the season ticket and asked people to pay £15 on a Saturday in the run up to Christmas.

The fans are voting with their feet. We've been bludgeoned into submission with the continual dross that's been served up starting with the Stjarnan debacle and continued unrelenting to today. Each pass game only seems to accelerate the downward decline. 3 wins in 17?!?! 8 defeats out the last 9?!?! The players and management should be fucking ashamed of themselves for the incompetence shown. It's beyond anger now, it's now apathy, and that's far more dangerous.

I've become the guy I said I never would be, or the guy I thought I'd be. I'm the guy that's stopped going to the football. Worse still, I don't even miss it, and I don't know when or if I'll be back. Without being over dramatic, something died inside me when Clarkson scored against us that day and I knew then I was done.

I'm not saying I'm "Mr Motherwell" or anything like that but when fans who have been going solid home and away for decades become so disillusioned that they pretty suddenly stop going then the club should be very worried. I dare say say I'm not the only one.

The last person out should turn out the lights.

• Like 1

We must have the most financially challenged support in the country and the biggest bunch of moaning faced bastards on God's earth. For christ's sake, people have been bleating on here for years about how club's should drop prices, ours do and that's how they are rewarded, with a pitiful attendance - we took more to Hamilton last year for the Rovers debacle.

OK they took the freebie off the season ticket - get over it, most clubs do now I believe. We have a shitty board with a fan base to match - we're a match made in heaven and getting everything we deserve. Rant over, raging and time to put down the glass I think.

• Like 2

It was no surprise because Motherwell FC in their infinite wisdom took it off the season ticket and asked people to pay £15 on a Saturday in the run up to Christmas.

I do not believe that, in any more than a minor way, impacted on todays crowd

we would take that sort of crowd to a local away game in the cup which folk need to pay for as well as travel costs.

todays crowd is a reflection of the lack of direction across the whole club.

• Like 1

todays crowd is a reflection of the lack of direction across the whole club.

I don't think people would stay away if we had the same behind the scenes problems but were playing good football and winning games.

The fact that we've only won 3 out of 18 games against the worst opposition we've ever faced is why people are staying away.

Think people are getting a bit carried away by our lack of support.The 2800 home crowd is more than was at the St Mirren, Partick or St Johnstone games.Even Dundee-Aberdeen didn't get to 6000.There just seems to be a real lack of interest in the cup over the last 3/4 years, those sort of crowds are what you'd have expected for league cup games 10 years ago.

I don't think people would stay away if we had the same behind the scenes problems but were playing good football and winning games.

The fact that we've only won 3 out of 18 games against the worst opposition we've ever faced is why people are staying away.

and McCall walking away provided the club with the opportunity to rectify that, or at the very least put in place someone, for the fans to get behind.

the board were given a free hand, to revitalise the club and stop the rot, instead they fumbled and we have had the last month of doom and gloom with half arsed situation updates and statements telling all, that we are doing nothing for months until something might happen?

meanwhile a squad that have embarassed themselves from pre-season continue through the same motions and Black throws the same dice as McCall would every game.

sure some have been handed tough blows with injuries etc but the fact remains half the team were still blowing out their arse towards the end of the game, and we finish it with a tragic looking unbalanced team.

the board and every member of staff at Motherwell football club might be bursting a gut to sort it out , but ironically for a club with the best in media teams all we have heard is hang on and wait for change in the future.

or in my words a lack of direction shown by the club, with the result only 2500 paying out

• Like 1

Regarding attendances, the message in the summer was that we have a small core support and there was no option but to fleece us on order to preserve a high quality squad. Hence the ST increase and ridiculous prices for the Icelandic mob. Then after that particular defeat the club go into hiding for a month with no attempt whatsoever to cajole a wavering support.

The repetitive gloomy rhetoric from the Board over the last 3/4 years has driven us to our lowest support in my lifetime. Fingers crossed for an external takeover next week and sweeping changes. The club is currently riddled by incompetence.

The last 2 posts are linked. In that Watson did what ZFA should have done. Watson put Sutton under enough pressure and body checked him enough so that Sutton missed.

ZFA stood like a Zombie waiting for the ball to come to him and obviously had no awareness of Watson. Rank bad defending and just all round poor football.

Totally agree with this comment, likewise Sutton,s failure to match Soutter at the first goal was very poor.

1417289962[/url]' post='425919']

Josh Law = Arsehole

He is so far out of his depth it's a joke.

He is make Joe McLeaod, Shaun McSkimming and Gordon Mair look like world beaters.

Please fuck off at the end of the season and give up football.

I posted earlier on in season that Josh Law should be given a chance , once he had got fitter etc.It was in a discussion about letting McFadden go and bringing Law in.Yesterday he got most of the 90 and to be fair he doesn't really look like he has got a lot about him, he doesn't look confident at all.

Gutted at this result is an understatement, especially after playing so well in the 1st half.

Dan was incredibly good, would have been much more without him but it begs the question wtf is the defence up to? Utd split us open 4 or 5 times in 2nd half.

Have always been a fan of lawson so a real shame to see him injured after playing well. Mentions to vigurs, zaine and ojamaa too. Starting to lose patience with sutton, if he's not scoring he offers nothing.

Oh and i f***ing hate that wee c**t paton - just wanted to get that off my chest.

Having seen the highlights, Sutton and Angols attempts to defend those crosses and stay with their man are nothing short of pathetic. Completely heartless and lazy. Same goes for Suttons chance at the end; absolutely no desire whatsoever. I've now lost count of the amount of times Surton has lost his man defending set pieces. 18 games into the season, contributing nothing; still starts every week!

But Faddy was released as we have plenty of options up front?!?!

How many times was our defence cut wide open for Utd to waltz through?!?!

Like everyone, absolutely gutted to be out the cup but for me what has softened the blow is the fact that for the first time this season I've seen us look like a competent and dare I say, exciting football team.

We've been prime candidates for at best the play-offs and at worst a straight drop but we'll be safe if we can repeat that first 45 on a more regular basis we'll pick up enough points for a safe bottom 6 finish. Yep, sad times we're aiming this low but that's the reality of this season.

Beyond that, I also saw Law, ZFA and Lawson all put in their best shifts in a while and vigurs, lasley and sutton looked sharp(er) too.

What wasn't so heartening was how far we dropped away after the first goal. Movement off the ball and passing the ball with a bit of pace and creativity all disappeared. I don't know if that's fitness or just highlights how fragile our confidence is just now.