Motherwell V Ross County 13/12/14

Yabba's Turd

You'd like to think the players realise the importance of this game. Hopefully the new manager will too.

We need 6 points out of the next 3 games. I'd argue we actually need 7 or 9 but will temper my aspirations with the keech that's been served in the previous 19 games. We're not suddenly going to win 3 on the bounce when we've won 3 in the previous 19.

Surely tae fuck Sutton will be dropped and Erwin and Ainsworth will start?!??

I think this will be a harder match than St. Mirren away.

County haven't been doing to bad, excluding Celtic, no one had thrashed them since Aberdeen way back in September. Since then if they have lost it has generally been a tight one. They have also scored 6 goals in their last 3 matches where as for us to score 6 goals you need to go back 9 games. That's a bit of a concern for me to be honest.

We just need to dig the points out of this one by hook or by crook.

Looking back County have scored a lot of goals once the game has gone. Were 3-0 down to United and 2-0 down in Perth twice before they started scoring. Suggests they only start going for it when they have to really chase. Need to defend properly in this one but I think if we play Ojamaa and Ainsworth running at them, they'll give this team too much of a problem at the back. Agree that from what we saw yesterday that Erwin is maybe worth a go up top. However, I don't think it a coincidence that he got more involved than Sutton because Ainsworth was involved when he was on and not when Sutton was.

this really is a difficult one. We are rank rotten. Looking for a fresh approach from a new manager...

--------------- twardzik------------

---Ferguson--reid---McManus---hammell

---------carswell-----Lasley-------

Ainsworth------Ojamaa----Thomas

----------------Erwin

Subs:

Nielsen--A.n youth--A.n. Youth--Obrien--Vigurs--Sutton-- A.n. Youth

As far as I see it, we have about he square root of fuck all to loose. Confidence cannot get any lower, neither can the home support.County are bottom, give some of the younger boys a chance. Let the defenders defend and attackers attack at pace. Get angol, law, mchugh, ramsden (suspended) and Kerr into the stands where they belong. Get fresh faces in the side and on the bench. Season starts now as far as I'm concerned,

2-1 well.

Fitness question marks over Hammy, O'brien, Cummins, Reid, Lawson, McHugh and Moore so it's hard to pick a team really. Assuming none make it back:

Dan

Law Ferguson McManus ZFA

Carswell Lasley

Ainsworth Vigurs Ojamma

Erwin

If the injured players recover I would have Hammy, Reid and Lawson on for ZFA, Law and Lasley.

I would also like to see Highins, Mackin, Thomas and Cadden get 20 mins or so each for a few games to see what they have about them at a full pace SPFL game before starting them.

You'd like to think the players realise the importance of this game.

:laugh: Comedy gold Milo...nice one... The players wouldn't know what an important game is if it came up and hit them squarely in the face. A lot of professional players I thought were Well legends have shown me not to hero worship. They turned out to be a huge disappointment when the chips were down and when we actually needed those dyed in the wool veterans to get us through this they are all hiding away in plain view.

Sutton has been dreadful this season but also has a brilliant scoring record against Ross County, tough call between him and Erwin.

Given how many he's banged in for us in the past, I'm sure he has a good scoring record against most teams in the Premiership. Just not happening for him the way we're playing just now though, so shaking things up a bit gets my vote.

With Kerr limping off, ramsden suspended, O'brien, Reid and hammell all injured we're struggling for defenders.

Boy ferguson looked decent when he came on, can see him keeping his place at RB and if any of the rest get back in time, they'll go in at centre half.

Erwin and Ainsworth perhaps earned themselves a start?

Twardzik

Ferguson ???? McManus Angol

Lasley carswell

Ainsworth. Vigurs Ojamma

Erwin

With Kerr limping off, ramsden suspended, O'brien, Reid and hammell all injured we're struggling for defenders.

Boy ferguson looked decent when he came on, can see him keeping his place at RB and if any of the rest get back in time, they'll go in at centre half.

Erwin and Ainsworth perhaps earned themselves a start?

Twardzik

Ferguson ???? McManus Angol

Lasley carswell

Ainsworth. Vigurs Ojamma

Erwin

Same as yours with Ferguson Centre half and josh law at full back (think that's their natural positions)

Same as yours with Ferguson Centre half and josh law at full back (think that's their natural positions)

That would solve my missing centre half problem!

Perhaps him and McManus could work well together like Craigan and Reynolds when Reynolds broke through? (No pressure son! :P )

That would solve my missing centre half problem!

Perhaps him and McManus could work well together like Craigan and Reynolds when Reynolds broke through? (No pressure son! :P )

Might not be a bad shout - Ferguson acquitted himself well, and maybe McManus could help him along in the middle of defence, especially if the lad is no stranger to the position.

I thought Law had a right good game 2nd half on Saturday, so again, if he knows the position, surely it stands to reason to have him in there.

I like big Sutton, but we just aren't creating enough chances for him to get on the end off, so agree Erwin will potentially give us more at the moment - don't understand why Ainsworth isn't starting as

is.

MON RA DOSSERS

I don't imagine the team will stray much from the previous 4 games apart from changes due to injury and suspensions. As whoever the new manager is wont have had the chance to fully asses the squad and will therefore follow Blacks advice and recommendations. Sutton will start with Lasley and Vigurs in midfield. Although I do expect Ainsworth to start on Saturday. However I would love to see us play with Ainsworth and Ojamma through the middle and Vigurs sitting behind them in the hole between midfield and attack. Lasley Carswell and Lawson across midfield. Ferguson at Right Back, McManus and O'Brien in central defence and Hammel(if fit ) at left back. However I have as yet been interviewed for the job. So expect Sutton