Inverness Away

Gaag

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted we needed those 3 points badly !!!

6 points clear of hamilton!!!

4 point in front of Hibs

with hearts and Dundee united to play in the next week our season is here and now!!!

We are going great guns and this one of the best unbeaten runs i have ever known as a well supporter.

Much respect to the boys and the management credit where credit's due, even if we were to lose out on europe it's been one hell of a ride and i'm very proud of our wee club!!!

Afraid to dream just now, but if they keep plugging away we have the faith you can do it boys make me renew my passport please!!!!!

Chuffed with the three points today, brings us withing three of Aberdeen and four of United, and perhaps more importantly three clear of Hibs and the rest. Europe is still on but for me reaching the top six is first priority.

Delighted for both our scorers today, here's hoping we can take something from Swinecastle on Wednesday.

How long before the chant is "We Are Unbeatable" comes out from us, a la Arsenal when on their 49 match unbeaten run a few years ago. :huh:

To be fair, that was a momentous achievement from Arsenal, we are a 5th of the way there already! :D

Mon the Well!

FUCKIN YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS!!!!! I fucking LOVE beating those c***s, walkin home through the mass of Caley fans with the biggest smile on my face. Get it right and truly fucking UP them!!

Firstly, a huge well done to the 20 or so lads from our support. Not sure if they were the Well Boys, Eastend Boaby Crew or whatever, but they didn't stop singing all game. They were literally the only people in the ground making any atmosphere. Absolutely fantastic. Songs like "Oh Richie Richie Foran", "Terry, geez a wave!", the Glasgow Celtic Peadophile one, The Klimpl song, around the 60 minute mark they started a chant of "If you hate Maurice Malpas clap your hands!", and I shit you not, the entire away stand was clapping like fuck. Well done chaps!

Secondly, I felt Caley can feel a bit hard done by today. In the first half it was a pretty even game. We defended well, got forward when we could, and passed the ball around okay-ish. Second half was a lot more back-to-front, and we got quite overrun in the midfield. However I felt Caley could play all day and still not equalise. Graeme Smith had trouble catching the ball today, and Hughes & Hammell faded a bit in the 2nd half, but other than that, I can't really complain. Special mention to Brian McLean, it looked like he'd never been away! And Jim O'Brien was the tits today, absolutely superb! Clarky was pretty gash and was hooked pretty sharpish. The two boys up front did well, and Sutton ran himself into the ground. Not entirely sure who got the second, but it was a fucking sweet finish.

Finally, I said it last week, and I'll say it again, and you can disagree with me if you want, but I thought the ref was really good today!

A fucking brilliant 3 points!

I thought McLean looked very comfortable and composed today. he did get skinned once, but made up for it. Didn't really have a whole lot to do though. But his work rate was great the whole game.

Both finishes were very good! Ryan Esson came out far to early and sutton nipped in with a good finish from the edge of the box (or so it seemed from the other end of the pitch!)

Sheridan's was class, but it would never have happened if Grant Munro hadn't screwed up big time to let him in with the ball.

There was nowt wrong with the caley pitch today, I personally thought it looked fine (although that's me comparing it to our own tattie field).

And well done to the East End Boaby Crew or whoever it was who were singing all game, good effort. What was the point of the Ryan Esson Child Molester song though? Doesn't even rhyme! :huh:

Coppers and stewards were mostly good today as well. Let us stand up the whole game and never bothered the more exuberant ones at the front either.

Roll on Monday so I can slag off my colleagues :D

Firstly, a huge well done to the 20 or so lads from our support. Not sure if they were the Well Boys, Eastend Boaby Crew or whatever, but they didn't stop singing all game. They were literally the only people in the ground making any atmosphere. Absolutely fantastic. Songs like "Oh Richie Richie Foran", "Terry, geez a wave!", the Glasgow Celtic Peadophile one, The Klimpl song, around the 60 minute mark they started a chant of "If you hate Maurice Malpas clap your hands!", and I shit you not, the entire away stand was clapping like fuck. Well done chaps!

Secondly, I felt Caley can feel a bit hard done by today. In the first half it was a pretty even game. We defended well, got forward when we could, and passed the ball around okay-ish. Second half was a lot more back-to-front, and we got quite overrun in the midfield. However I felt Caley could play all day and still not equalise. Graeme Smith had trouble catching the ball today, and Hughes & Hammell faded a bit in the 2nd half, but other than that, I can't really complain. Special mention to Brian McLean, it looked like he'd never been away! And Jim O'Brien was the tits today, absolutely superb! Clarky was pretty gash and was hooked pretty sharpish. The two boys up front did well, and Sutton ran himself into the ground. Not entirely sure who got the second, but it was a fucking sweet finish.

Finally, I said it last week, and I'll say it again, and you can disagree with me if you want, but I thought the ref was really good today!

I could have writen that except: McCurry was possibly a bit too lenient towards 'Well on a couple of occasions, and the songs directed at both Celtic and Esson were totally uncalled for.

Just back from the game,

Great 3 points which make the journey well worth it.

Mclean had a solid first game back, would've liked to see him get forward a bit more, but still a very good comeback and great to have another decent defender back in the squad.

O'brien and Sheridean were our two best players in my opinion. Looked dangerous and were a threat all game. Think Clarkson was being played in midfield, which I think we can safely say he can't do that job, hence he was hooked for D.L Smith who came on to and put in a bit of a horror of a performance. He looked completely lost for 30mins of the game until in the last 5 mins where he made a few wee runs down the wing. Usually like Smith but it wasn't his greatest contribution.

Reynolds had a good game outpacing the caley players with ease. Klimpl threw himself about well, but picked up another booking (how many is that?). Hammell had a great first half and him and Hughes combined really well in the first half and the caley players were struggling to deal with them, but they both faded in the second half.

All in all, a good result and an ok performance. 3 points really puts us in a good position to attack the teams above us, whilst putting some distance between us and hibs + accies.

Special mention to the lads behind the goal who kept the singing throughout the game. Poor Mo Malpas getting it in the neck all day. Brian Kerr got the biggest "Boo" of the game as his name was read out at the start. And poor, poor show fae Terry, who did not gie them a wave.

Guest 'Flow

Great result for the boys and hopefully a spring board to a genuine fight for a return to Europe.

Oh a side note, wish we could play Inverness Caley every week... Or at least, Inverness away every other week (travel aside).

We've won the last six games against them and our record at the Caledonian Stadium reads:

P: 11 W: 8 D: 1 L: 2 F: 16: A: 8 GD: +8

Incredible stuff...

'Flow

What was the problem with smith coming on and then being taken back off, he carrying a knock?

You would hope so otherwise it is a pretty wide thing to do and not exactly a confidence booster subbing a sub...

Anyway the game, just back myself (albeit with a stop off at Perth for a night on the swally :P ) and it was a great 3 points that were gifted to us but we are due a bit of luck as it is always us giving away goals.

Europe here we come!!