International Call Ups

grizzlyg

That was fairly comfortable tonight. 

I’m not a fan of McLeish, Mackay or Gemmill but I feel Scottish football is in a decent position at present. We seem to be producing more good players and I’d suggest a higher proportion of the top talent tends to be model professionals these days. From Robertson and Tierney to our own Cadden and Campbell, these players are all dedicated to making the most of their ability.

Watched some of the game, I was slightly disappointed in Alan's performance I was not too sure what position he was playing as he seemed to be the striker for most of the second half, but stress I only saw the second half.

i wish we had the goalie on our books, he had a superb game and definitely one for the future, but no doubt Sevco will soon take all his abilities out of him!!

I don't think it will make much difference to his transfer value, it might make a difference to any compensation we'd be due if he runs his contract down though. 

Campbell though, I reckon has what it takes to play at a much higher level than he is doing with us. Didn't see last nights game, but every report I've seen has him as one of the top performers in a much more advanced role than he is normally used to.

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

You begin to wonder if the club has been made aware of a planned bid for Campbell. Certainly clubs will be aware of him and a good showing at this tournament might see him leave. 

Might explain the renewals for both Rose and Grimshaw...

Or Cadden is leaving.

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Or Cadden is leaving.

I suspect Cadden will leave but suspect his replacement will be a left wing back. Not to say that Cadden hasn't spent much time in centre midfield but Bigirimana has spent more time there and he's barely played.

Can't really see Grimshaw or Rose being deployed at wing back...

9 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I suspect Cadden will leave but suspect his replacement will be a left wing back. Not to say that Cadden hasn't spent much time in centre midfield but Bigirimana has spent more time there and he's barely played.

Can't really see Grimshaw or Rose being deployed at wing back...

All possibilities.

In general I'd be very surprised to see Campbell move in the summer. If he goes to a better team at this stage, he probably won't be getting first team football and another season of regular games will speed his development. 

Got the proper Mexican commentators covering the Scotland game tonight - much better than the BBC Scotland coverage. They make the warm up sound exciting.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

etc.