Kmcalpin

2019-20 Rebuild

Looks like Shankland is indeed signing for Dundee Utd. This may partly be down to the takeover delay at Sunderland but I’m surprised at him staying in the championship. Strange one. 

8 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Looks like Shankland is indeed signing for Dundee Utd. This may partly be down to the takeover delay at Sunderland but I’m surprised at him staying in the championship. Strange one. 

He’s just not very good - his agent has offered him to just about all spfl premiership and English championship and league one teams and there’s been no takers

So with flow stating that the trialist isn’t who we think it is (benteke) where did this name come from in the first place? 

9 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

So with flow stating that the trialist isn’t who we think it is (benteke) where did this name come from in the first place? 

Super(ITK)Marv was claiming responsibility for this one

15 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Super(ITK)Marv was claiming responsibility for this one

Nah I just seen it kicking about on twitter and I had sent in the photo of the player but not once did I say it was definitely him thanks. Some decent patter from you there though 10/10.

Ah, so when you said you “leaked” the info you meant “made up” 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, supermarv said:

I did leak this last week but nobody seemed to believe me as they thought he was on trial elsewhere.

?????

Wasn’t made up I seen it on twitter which is clearly where a big discussion was going on about him, so I brought it to the attention of the folks on here that he was on trial. Wasn’t as if I had actually been given any info. 

4 hours ago, fizoxy said:

He might have meant Frear tbf.

Talk in the record this morning is Columbus Crew are the MLS side interested in Cadden. Can only sign for them though to loan him straight back out due to overseas players restrictions. £100k compensation as they claim to be a category 4 club. Motherwell apparently believe they should be category 3 though which would mean £150k, same amount as Oxford.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/chris-cadden-transfer-race-heats-17385769

Jonathon Benteke scored a double yesterday for Fortuna Sittard, is that not where Sieb Diejkstra is as well, as a coach maybe?

Imagine repeating what you saw on twitter and then demanding recognition for "leaking" it and then backtracking after it transpires what you leaked was a heap of shite. 

• Haha 5

Pretty sure Benteke was at the club but was binned before Ireland. (from what I read elsewhere)

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Imagine repeating what you saw on twitter and then demanding recognition for "leaking" it and then backtracking after it transpires what you leaked was a heap of shite. 

1. I didn’t demand recognition I just simply stated what I seen. 

2. He may have been on trial and not came back, nobody knows? 

3. Your patter is shite!

Stop digging Marv! Suck it up and move on.

• Like 1

Some leaks going about that it's Allan Campbell's birthday today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, beastfromtheeast(stand) said:

Iv got a suspicion the trialist is Christie Pattison from Braintree.

Played more as a midfielder for them though. 

This seems most likely given all the half clues.

Where did he play against Gretna? I'd imagine we're looking for a wide midfielder rather than a forward given we've got Long, Johnson, Cole and Scott at the club.

If it is Pattisson he was playing in the 7th level of the English pyramid last season. 2 levels below Frear, Bowman, Johnson etc when we signed them.

Edit  - I don't think it is looking at various photos floating about.

There is a photo of the trialist kicking about one Twitter with some young lad after the game if that helps anyone...

I, for one, will be bitterly disappointed if we ever signed anyone, going forward, from above conference level and not based in Northern England. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beastfromtheeast(stand) said:

Iv got a suspicion the trialist is Christie Pattison from Braintree.

Played more as a midfielder for them though. 

Could things get anymore tinpot than Braintree Town

Just now, Lukemfc1 said:

Could things get anymore tinpot than Braintree Town

Aye Braintree bumped that boy down to Carshalton FC.

The photo from outside Raydale doesn't look like him though.