Official First Qualifying Round Thread

GazzyB

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope it's 'Klanethli' . I lived in Wales , all words that start with Ll ar pronounced Kl e.g. Llandudno = Klandudno

I lived in Port Talbot for a year and it was an experience to say the least! From what I can remember, that is....I was only 10 at the time!

here is the officials for the game. I thought there was going to be 5 and not 3?

Referee : Tero Nieminen

Assistants : Mikka Poikselka and Matti Heininen

4th Official : Petteri Kari

All from Finland.

Match Delegate Mr Gudmundur Petursson (Iceland)

Referee Observer Mr. John Martin (England)

For the return leg in Llanelli the match officials will be.

Referee : Milorad Mazic

Assistants : Milovan Ristic and Goran Miletic

4th Official : Mikanko Vukadinovic

All from Sebia

Match Deleagte : Mr Pierino L.G.Lardi (Switzerland)

No Referee Observer announced as yet

Sorry for the double post.

I read on the Llanelli fans forum some where that they were doing a collections tp give to charity when they come up. I was wondering if we could do something for a childrens charity down there? It is just a idea and might not take off.

They must really fancy us, against the Loco's we were only 1/6 I am sure..

Thats correct yes but level is the same and this is a "home" tie. I think we will win 2-0. Which incidentally is 5/1. They are actually offering 10/1 on Shug scoring first. Here is the link.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/EN/betti...v-Llanelli.html

That was an away game though (and in Inverurie in the middle of winter).

Thats correct yes but level is the same and this is a "home" tie.

Would hardly say it is the same, yes Welsh Premier is of lower standard than SPL, but a tad harsh to claim it similar to our Highland league?

Doesn't matter if we are at home (as Airdie is hardly "home" is it?), I hardly say us at home to Llanelli (a team who are there on merit for finishing 2nd in their division - compared to us who are there for being nice) is easier than Inverurie away..

Would hardly say it is the same, yes Welsh Premier is of lower standard than SPL, but a tad harsh to claim it similar to our Highland league?

Doesn't matter if we are at home (as Airdie is hardly "home" is it?), I hardly say us at home to Llanelli (a team who are there on merit for finishing 2nd in their division - compared to us who are there for being nice) is easier than Inverurie away..

Sorry you have misunderstood me. The welsh premier as a whole is on a par with the Highland leage although am not saying that Llanelli are the same level as Locos. Outside the top 3 in the league the Highland league teams would be able to compete in the welsh premier. I have saw alot of both leagues and the set up of teams in both leagues are very similar as is the quality of footballer. This is what I beleive the bookies are basing their odds on.(whether you agree or not, I personaly think Llanelli are over priced even though I think we will win)

I also get your point at it not actually being a home tie, i thought you would have realised that when i put the word home between ".

Fair play to Steelmenonline. Coping with the traffic and the official site is humped!

meant to post this the other day, seems on the 22nd we had roughly 750000 hits, three times more than we usually get!

So what did a say wrong Chlanethli or Klanethli its all the same. What i was trying to get across was its not an "L" sound with the double L but a K/C.

The difference between pronouncing "LOCH" and LOCK" :lol:

Motherwell = Royt ti mor arbennig I Mi :P