Official First Qualifying Round Thread

GazzyB

Like a kid on Christmas eve! The draw's 13.30CET tomorrow for anyone who doesn't know.

Anybody gonna be brave enough to book up for the first AND second round tomorrow?

There is away around it. Check the odds on our opponents qualifying for the second round. For example if they are 4/1 bet a quarter of what you paid for your flight or other travel arrangements on them and you get your money back if the unthinkable happens and we go out at the first hurdle!!!! :O

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I should be excited, but I'm not. I'm afraid the draw is being overshadowed by the fact we don't have a manager and barely have a squad to put a team out for these games. Don't get me worng, I'm not depressed as GazzyB suggests that this is making some Well fans. I'm excited. I'm more excited about who's going to be our manager and who we'll add to the squad than 4 games which will be our pre-season...

I know I should be excited, but I'm not. I'm afraid the draw is being overshadowed by the fact we don't have a manager and barely have a squad to put a team out for these games. Don't get me worng, I'm not depressed as GazzyB suggests that this is making some Well fans. I'm excited. I'm more excited about who's going to be our manager and who we'll add to the squad than 4 games which will be our pre-season...

Agreed.

Can't really get excited about the draw and the prospect of a euro tie whilst we are rudderless and operating with a skeleton squad. Moreover, the prospect of that goon McGhee and his wee lapdug trying to rob more of our players and shitanta going down the toilet has put me on a real downer. May it's just beacuse it's Monday?

Time to sort this mess out JB. Time is running out.

Can't really get excited about the draw and the prospect of a euro tie whilst we are rudderless and operating with a skeleton squad. Moreover, the prospect of that goon McGhee and his wee lapdug trying to rob more of our players and shitanta going down the toilet has put me on a real downer. May it's just beacuse it's Monday?

Time to sort this mess out JB. Time is running out.

You misread me, big fella. I am excited. But not by the draw. I'll be excited about the game when it rolls around (only cos I'm always excited at the first competitive game of the season). But at the moment, I'm too focussed on who the new manager is going to be and who we might bring in player wise to think too much about the European draw. Don't get me wrong, I'll check this afternoon to see who we get, but I'll be looking first to see if a new manager has been appointed...

Group 4

16 Motherwell FC (SCO)

FC Inter Baki (AZE)

17 FC Spartak Trnava (SVK)

JK Trans Narva (EST)

18 NK Rudar Velenje (SVN)

FC Banants (ARM)

19 NK Široki Brijeg (BIH)

Llanelli AFC (WAL)

This is who we can get as per the yooofa Site.

Please let it be Wales.

Rickoza,

What would be the worst.

Depends what you mean! Armenia borders Azarbaijan with the former bordering Easter Turkey, so the Baki mob would be worst in terms of distance. I'd say Banants is probably the better of all the teams, but we should still be capable of taking them. We should get Luc Nijholt in as manager right away if we get Banants, Red Bull beat them 7-0 on agg a year back.

Apparently Llanelli have improved their ground to have 1000 seats and therefore be UEFA compliant, they want to ensure all games take place at their own park.

fingers crossed its Llanelli FC, baki or Banants next thursday away would be an awful draw. Looked up the distance of the welsh team as I was trying to work out how many days i'd next to take of work....... still a decent drive

Distance: 372.6 miles

Time: 7 hr 12 min

fingers crossed its Llanelli FC, baki or Banants next thursday away would be an awful draw. Looked up the distance of the welsh team as I was trying to work out how many days i'd next to take of work....... still a decent drive

Distance: 372.6 miles

Time: 7 hr 12 min

Do you want a drink? If so take aff the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If not then just the Thursday and Friday will do.