How Was The Trip?

Bloke from Llanelli

I thought the result up here put a dampener on some folks enthusiasm for the trip to wales, mine included but after i set off it was brilliant so glad i went now had a great time. Thanks to the folks of Llanelli for making us welcome. Especially those at the Old Castle Bed And Breakfast who were great. :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there great to see my fellow scotsmen had a great time down here as did the locals, well done on your win also. It was my boy wearing the Ger's top (his own choice to wear) all the banter from the Well we took as good fun and my son really enjoyed i'm not to sure about the copper nxt to us as i thought he was goin to run to mcdonalds toilets to hide as they are not used to footie crowds like this pmsl.Once again well done to Motherwell and if you know of any1 with any footage of my boy in it we would be very greatfull so we can put it on face book. He has got to have been the bravest boy in Llanelli that day. :P

Had a great time mate and good for him (though you really should have had a fatherly! (oops forgot you were a blue-nose) word of advice to him prior to this to warn him of the consequences of his fashion disaster - was all meant in good fun - as was the comment. If I find anything video wise, will let you know on this thread. All the best.

Had a great time mate and good for him (though you really should have had a fatherly! (oops forgot you were a blue-nose) word of advice to him prior to this to warn him of the consequences of his fashion disaster - was all meant in good fun - as was the comment. If I find anything video wise, will let you know on this thread. All the best.

Glad you had a good 1 m8 my boy and me were chuffed as feck to see you all down here as were many of my friends. hope you and the boy's from the Well will call again even if theres a few of us blue noses kickin about pmsl . Oh and a good blue nose father will always give his advice lol only winding. my family all come from motherwell and craignuek area, less of that, if you find any footage from mcdonalds round about trostre i would b more than greatful. all the best dude

Just to put your mind at rest, i seen the van as well, its not for speeding, its for folk with no tax, so don't panic..

Cheers..

I think all us speeders might have reason to 'panic' might be a few letters dropping thru letter boxes in the coming weeks

wish I'd seen this article before travelling on Friday BBC clicky

A speeding crackdown is under way targeting the motorway that links Scotland and England. It is hoped the clampdown will help to reduce the speed of vehicles along the entire length of the A74(M).

Safety camera partnerships in Cumbria, Dumfries and Galloway and Strathclyde have joined forces for the day of action on the route.

Two years ago a stretch of the motorway near Gretna was identified as having the fastest average speed in the UK.

The 24-hour campaign (FRIDAY!) is being led by Dumfries and Galloway Safety Camera Partnership (DGSCP).

It will see an increased number of its speed checking devices along the road.

Sgt Lee Black of DGSCP said: "We are co-ordinating this day of action to make motorists aware of their speed on the A74(M).

"I am confident that with such a visual presence we will have a positive and long lasting effect."

Bassa's suppose its a fair cop if we get caught , but a campaign like that you can fair rack up the points in one journey :lol:

What a fantastic trip!

Thanks to all the Llanelli fans and staff for making the day so enjoyable. Bus journey down was pretty tiring, but the banter helped a good bit and after a couple of drinks at the Fan Zone the tiredness disappeared.

Great seeing so many 'Well fans make the trip down and it was all very well organised.

As others have mentioned, would be nice to have a friendly down at Stebo - lovely wee ground.

hi there great to see my fellow scotsmen had a great time down here as did the locals, well done on your win also. It was my boy wearing the Ger's top (his own choice to wear) all the banter from the Well we took as good fun and my son really enjoyed i'm not to sure about the copper nxt to us as i thought he was goin to run to mcdonalds toilets to hide as they are not used to footie crowds like this pmsl.Once again well done to Motherwell and if you know of any1 with any footage of my boy in it we would be very greatfull so we can put it on face book. He has got to have been the bravest boy in Llanelli that day. :rolleyes:

It could`ve been worse, it could have been a celtic top!!

A good trip, a tidy wee town and friendly locals helped make it.

Thanks to The Met Bar who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, taxi drivers for being easy to get hold of and not ripping us off

Loved the sign in The Met Bar - there are only 2 teams we support in here - Wales and whover is playing England

Friendly staff and great welcome at The Stradey Park Hotel and great breakfast on Friday morning, was I dreaming or did I really see a guy dripping wet in swimming trunks stroll through the breakfast room ? there wasn`t even a swimming pool in the hotel

Trip was absolutey brilliant. :P

On a side note we found a scotland flag in one of the town centre bars late on thursday night with Beetle & Kev on tour written on it. Anybody wanting to claim it PM me and I will get it to you at the next game or whenever suits

JUST BACK !!!

Llanelli was magic. Camping for two nights down there, tremendous. Done the all nighter on the beach at the campsite, done a crate of Stella in with BEESHER and Ross (I think :rolleyes: ) - Alright LADS!! Then at 4 in the morning me and my mate had to get a taxi, two trains and a bus to Cardiff Airport to fly up to edinburgh for T in the park.

WHAT a Week/Weekend!!

:D

I am a filthy jaike ball though so off to take a bath!!

A good trip, a tidy wee town and friendly locals helped make it.

Thanks to The Met Bar who went out of their way to make us feel welcome, taxi drivers for being easy to get hold of and not ripping us off

Loved the sign in The Met Bar - there are only 2 teams we support in here - Wales and whover is playing England

Friendly staff and great welcome at The Stradey Park Hotel and great breakfast on Friday morning, was I dreaming or did I really see a guy dripping wet in swimming trunks stroll through the breakfast room ? there wasn`t even a swimming pool in the hotel

Did you not see the outdoor pool in front of the reception area ? Granted , could've been mistaken for an ornamental fountain :DB-)

Had a great time, 1. Drive to Swansea Thursday Morning

2. Train to Llanelli

3. Walk to the Ground

4.Taxi to back train station

5. Train Llanelli to Swansea

6. Overnight Stay

7. Drive back to Motherwell Afternoon.

Fantastic Adventure,Great Day,Great Support,Great Result.

Ps. What a Fantastic Stadium.