John Boyle

FCSB

I don't know why there is no thread for your owner, but he has a great heart same as our owner. But maybe Mr. Boyle doesn't have a big mouth and likes to do these things in secret.

I also don't know if he is a great owner or not, but as a person he deserves all of our respect. John Boyle is helping kids with incurable and terminal illnesses across eastern Europe and he is leading the Foundation "Children in distress" from 1992 in Romania too. 

His foundation is helping 600 children only in Romania and he is sponsoring it with more than 1.2 million of euros per year. Your chairman also missed some part of the match in Bucharest, visiting one of his hostels from there.

He lost a match, but he saved a life. Very friendly person, when he arrived to the stadium from some reasons, I don't understand why, he didn't stay in the same lounge with Becali. It's strange because the owner of Steaua is inviting every owner in his lounge. Anyway, John Boyle was nice to say to our press, he will invite Gigi Becali in his lounge at 2nd leg and they will party and drink together. <_<

Even the things changed a lot in Romania after the fall of the communism and now we are pretty normal, also members of EU, and the state is helping these children, John Boyle didn't stop to sponsor his foundation from here. 

He is also spending his holidays in Romania and he is finding the Romanians to be warm and friendly people. IT'S STRANGE BECAUSE I THINK THE SAME THING ABOUT THE SCOTTISH!

In the end, I have just one word: "RESPECT, MR BOYLE!" Helping people is more important than a game... Sometimes we are too stupid to see these things!

Motherwell have also agreed to pay one pound from every ticket sold for tomorrows game to charity to help Kids in the Balkans and Eastern Europe

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=136

Children in Distress | Print | E-mail Wednesday, 05 August 2009

Steelmen support Romanian appeal.

The club will donate £1 from every ticket sold for tomorrow night's Europa League clash with Steaua Bucharest to Romanian focused organisation, "Children in Distress".

cidlogo.jpgChildren in Distress, supported by John Boyle and headed by former Chief Executive Alisdair Barron, is a small charity based in the United Kingdom, established by Deed of Trust in 1990 and registered with the Charity Commission of England and Wales initially as Romanian Children's Aid.

In 1992 it was decided to extend the work of the charity throughout the Balkans and Eastern Europe (although the work predominantly centres around Romania) and the charity was reregistered as Children in Distress

The work of Children in Distress was inspired by founding Director Reverend Dr. John Walmsley and the parishioners of St. Laurence Barkingside to the plight of the children and orphans with HIV AIDS or abandoned in Romania's rundown hospitals and institutions.

Today it cares for children of all races and religions and their work has evolved from an initial focus of caring for children with HIV AIDS to the care of infants and children with a range of other incurable and terminal illnesses.

For further information on the charity please see the link below:

Children in Distress link

Boyle really is continually improving his image for me at the club. After his initial misplaced optimism (and cash) he appears to have learned and is turning into a shrewd and effective chairman.

Boyle really is continually improving his image for me at the club. After his initial misplaced optimism (and cash) he appears to have learned and is turning into a shrewd and effective chairman.

I agree 100%. The negotiations with Aberdeen over McGoo leaving further impressed me. I like the look of the Gannon appointment also.

Doing a good job at the moment methinks! :lol:

It was in the Sunday Mail at the weekend there:

Clicky

Exclusive: Heartbreaking trip to Romanian kids hospice for Motherwell chairman

Aug 2 2009 Scott Mcdermott

A FOOTBALL club's entire board of directors made a harrowing visit to a childrens' hospice in Romania.

Motherwell's millionaire boss John Boyle arranged the trip before his side's 3-0 Europa League qualifying defeat to Steaua Bucharest on Thursday.

Boyle is a patron of the Children in Distress charity which runs the hospice in Bucharest.

The group, along with celebrity Motherwell fan Tam Cowan, met terminally ill and severely handicapped youngsters.

Boyle said: "We were all incredibly moved by what we saw.

"It is a centre for palliative care and, before the game, we saw 15 very sad kids who are coming towards the end of their lives."

Boyle has been involved with Children in Distress for almost 20 years after being shocked by the legacy of Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu's brutal regime.

In 1992, he was shocked by the story of orphan Ionela, who was dumped on the charity's doorstep.

She had beenfound on a rubbish tip, missing fingers and toes after rats had eaten them.

"She's still alive today," Boyle said.

"That's the kind of great work we've done here."

The charity has also provided care for children with AIDS.

Boyle said: "Initially, AIDS children were rejected in Romania because they didn't have the sophistication that we have.

"So they were put outside on the street and we took them in.

"Then the drugs got better, so kids we thought were going to die actually lived. When they got to seven years of age, we built a school.

"Now in Cernovoda, just south of the capital, we have an independent living centre for children who've survived AIDS."

Children in Distress now run three children's hospices, two development centres, 20 outreach facilities and a school for autism.

Boyle added: "It's one of the biggest things in my entire life now. We look after 600 kids at a time on a day-to-day basis.

Suffering "Losing 3-0 the other night wasn't much fun. But after what we'd seen during the day, football is put in perspective."

The charity's chief executive, Alisdair Barron MBE, also accompanied Boyle on the Bucharest trip.

He said his input had been invaluable in what had been achieved so far, adding: "John has a long association with us and a lot our success wouldn't have been possible without him.

"We went to our main hospice on Thursday and it was moving for everyone who went along.

"Some of the kids have severe disabilities and if you're not used to seeing childen like that, it can be harrowing."

He added: "We've made a huge difference to kids suffering from AIDS in Romania.

"When they were born, doctors wouldn't touch them and they were given flash blood transfusions - blood which was riddled with infection.

"It affected 27,000 kids but thanks to the charity, John and the people of Scotland, we've manged to have a huge impact on their lives."

there is no doubt that its been a learning curve for boyle as well and he's better for it now IMO. Hes shifted aw the deadwood boardroom staff and is clearly better advised on the game. I think we may well be in for a good few years as the future is looking bright.

Also it is great to hear that finally we see some money from football or whatever put into real causes. All these russian billionaires and oil rich arabs that run english football should take note because they could help make an even bigger difference.