We Loved To Hate Them

Haggischomper

Even before he came anywhere near us, and destroyed us, I always thought he was a wank.

malpasp12.jpg

Stewart McKimmie

1989-90_McKimmie.jpg

0,,10284~3099398,00.jpg

Always hated Ivo Den Bieman for some reason. I think he's the greasy one on the left. (Was it not him that smashed McMillan's cheekbone with a shocking tackle in front of the East Stand one game, and was then taken out with a waist high tackle by Simo?)

0,,10288~3173384,00.jpg

Hamish French

_971167_hamishfrench300.jpg

There is one more from Partick I used to despise, thought it might have been Hamish French again, but it's not. Was from around the early/mid 90's.

The one on the left looks very much like Davie Irons.

I must have mellowed with age as I find it hard to get very worked up about a lot of the more recent names mentioned, apart from a few dishonourable exceptions. Seriously, what has Andy Millen, Stewart McKimmie, Hamish French ever done to stand out from the crowd? But you'll get no argument from me regarding Andy Smith, although did somebody say he works for us at youth level?

The one on the left looks very much like Davie Irons.

I must have mellowed with age as I find it hard to get very worked up about a lot of the more recent names mentioned, apart from a few dishonourable exceptions. Seriously, what has Andy Millen, Stewart McKimmie, Hamish French ever done to stand out from the crowd? But you'll get no argument from me regarding Andy Smith, although did somebody say he works for us at youth level?

he works with the 'football department' with NLC

The other one from Thistle that I always remember from that time was Isaac English, although I was pretty indifferent to him to be honest.

The reason I dislike Andy Millen was because, when he played for Hibs, he ended up going in goals at Fir Park. I'm pretty sure they still won the game and he was antagonising the 'Well fans behind the goals. I'll never forget his smug, evil wee face. Reminds me of the wee arsehole who played the guy who tried to rape William Wallaces wife in Braveheart.

I don't know about hate, but a few players that used to annoy me because they always played well against us:

Charlie Nicholas - had a habit of ripping our defence a new one

Gordon Strachan - niggled, moaned at the ref, and often ran the midfield

Pat Nevin - a 16 year old at Clyde shouldn't have been able to run round our defence like that

Willie Miller - another moaner, but a master of the last ditch tackle

Alan Rough - we often struggled to beat Thistle, and he seemed to be one of the main reasons

Nacho Novo - tormented us every time we played Dundee

Players I did hate:

John 'Polaris' McDonald

Frank McGarvey

Billy Stark

Derek McDicken

Alan McLaren

Davie McPherson

Dave Smith (at Berwick Rangers - the main reason the back pass law was introduced :whistling:)

I didn't see Lennon that much, but any time I did he just seemed like your average niggly, moaning, elbow-throwing OF player.

Talking of which, I somehow forgot to mention Bob Malcolm in my list. Hated him before he joined us. Hated him even more after he joined us.

Is it not Gerry Britton when he was at Thistle who we're thinking of? Or was he just hated everywhere?

Speaking of Thistle, I'll chuck in their fans. What a smug, holier than thou, morale high ground grabbing shower of shite they were/are.

I think Gerry Britton is a given.

It was Isaac English, cheers Frazzle.

Not sure why I hated them. Must have been an angry kid.

A few more being Steve Fulton, Neil Pointon, Pascuali Bruno, Gary Locke & John Colquhoun, all Hearts players during the mid 90s and all moaning, nigging, dirty and in John Colquhoun's case, diving bastards.

I also never liked that big dirty bastard who played with Livingston in the early 00s, Oscar Rubio.

there's not really the same cast of villianous characters kicking about the spl anymore is there? if you look back to the early/mid nineties every team seemed to have two or three guys that made your blood boil just to look at them. who have you got now? jamie hammill, novo, brown, tokely, lee miller, micheal stewart. pretty pish in comparison to arseholes like darren jackson, ian ferguson and dave mcpherson.

Always hated Grant Brebner with a passion normally reserved for Old Firm players.

Also divers - don't know if Gareth Evans of Hibs, Maloney of Celtic and Lee Miller have been mentioned elsewhere .....

... and while we're at it (and tin hat on) Andy Walker for his constant defence of diving as well as all his badge-kissing at Fir Park when he played for Celtic.

PETER GRANT!!!!!

Andy Smith, David Bingham, Roddy Grant, Martin Hardie, Stevie Fulton, Gordon Petric, Gerry Britton, John O'Neill, Andy McLaren, Neil Pointon, John Robertson, Darren Jackson, Paul McStay, John Colquhoun, Willie Miller, Aiden McGeady, James McCarthy, Gordon Durie, Ian Ferguson, Joe Miller, the Young Brothers, Scott Booth, Dave Bowman, Charlie Miller, Kjell Olofsson, Zemmama, Scott Brown, Grant Brebner, Michael Stewart, Paul Kane, Keith Wright, Duncan Shearer, Momo Sylla, Bobo Balde, Chris Sutton, Petrov, Alex Rae, Neil McCann, Peter Lovenpants, Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Simon Donnelly, Andy Walker, Stephane Mahe, Stephane Adam, Gary MacKay.

If I can think of anymore I'll post them up.

There is one more from Partick I used to despise, thought it might have been Hamish French again, but it's not. Was from around the early/mid 90's.

The Partick player I always hated was Brian Whittaker, a complete and utter thug on the park, he committed one of the worst fouls I ever saw at Fir Park, in a Scottish Cup Tie he hit the winger* so hard he went up in the air and landed on the trackside. I ran from the back of the main stand to the front to scream abuse at the bastard.

A couple of years later my mate and his family met him and his family on holiday and said he was a gem of a guy.

Unfortunately I believe the guy was killed in a car accident.

* It was either Gahagan or Clinging I can never remember, think it was Clinging though because he was out for weeks, and I dont think he played much after he came back.