Craig Brown And Archie Knox

madscot

It's great to have two well respected and experienced managers to steady the ark. There's unlikely to be any hidden agendas with these guys, and I would think that if things go well there would be a possibility of them staying on at least until the end of the season.

My only worry is the impending transfer window, as the activity in this period is going to make or break our season.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the more I think bringing in Craig Brown and Archie Knox is a stroke of genius.

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to go down the route of 99% of managerless teams by appointing Gordon Young or even Craigan as caretaker manager until we get a new gaffer.

But bringing in two high respected and experience guys like Brown and Knox could help stop the rot and get us into a decent shape again just in time for the new manager to take over.

The genius here i believe is Archie Knox being involved, any players with a petted lip can forget about it because he's notorious as the sort of charachter that'll stand for no pish and he's coached players at the highest level with all sorts of personalities.

Just remembered the classic

. Archie is only in it briefly when Walter invites him to come over to listen to Chick talking oot his arse. :whistling:

Maybe that's what is required, some old school no nonsense approach.

Jim Gannon should have employed the same interview technique as Walter instead of his vow of silence with the media.

Hopefully Brown and Know can stay in charge for longer than three games to allow us time to stabilise and bring in a long term gaffer. To be honest we'll have about enough in the playing squad fopr the rest of the season if we keep the loanees, so not much is required in terms of transfers.

Welcome aboard Craig and Archie, and good luck.

Brown and Knox is certainly fine by me, at least in the short-term. I doubt you can ask for a more experienced and knowledgable interim management team. Knox has been a lot of places including Rangers (when they were decent) Scotland, Man. Utd and Blackburn (albeit the later not a great success). Brown for me has always been a manager who grinds out results from ver little, the fact is, he isnt phenomenally succesfull in terms of trophies, but at the same time, he is not bad at all.

Whilst acknowledging that it is good to have short term cover in to steady the ship, I would be disappointed if Craig Brown was to be appointed full time manager.

Whilst his international results have not been touched since, a large proportion of the blame for the state of our football should lie at his door. It was Broon that scrapped the technical aspect of Scottish youth teams in favour of playing strong big boys.

Were he to instil a similar strategy at Fir Park, I fear for our youth programme.

I said it prior to Jim Gannon's appointment and I'll say it again, I would love John Collins to take over the hotseat. His professionalism would be brilliant for the young guys in the side. He was chased out of Hibs because their boys wanted to continue getting pished instead of living the life of an athlete. With the backing of the Board, John Collins could be a revelation at Fir Park imo.

I'm very happy with the news that wee Craigie Broon will be taking the reigns at Fir Park. He is just what we need just now, an experienced head and a safe pair of hands. His style of play may not be all that great to watch, but he knows how to get his pound of flesh out of players and how to mould individuals into a team.

The last man to lead Scotland to a World Cup Finals as Motherwell manager? I like it, I do. Really hope this works out and we keep him until at least the end of the season.

I said it prior to Jim Gannon's appointment and I'll say it again, I would love John Collins to take over the hotseat. His professionalism would be brilliant for the young guys in the side. He was chased out of Hibs because their boys wanted to continue getting pished instead of living the life of an athlete. With the backing of the Board, John Collins could be a revelation at Fir Park imo.

Thought the Scotland job would have suited him down to the ground ..

I would have him here as well , but the nagging doubt about how the players hated him at Hibs has too many similarities to this debacle we have here ..

Brown and Knox is certainly fine by me, at least in the short-term. I doubt you can ask for a more experienced and knowledgable interim management team. Knox has been a lot of places including Rangers (when they were decent) Scotland, Man. Utd and Blackburn (albeit the later not a great success). Brown for me has always been a manager who grinds out results from ver little, the fact is, he isnt phenomenally succesfull in terms of trophies, but at the same time, he is not bad at all.

I've always been a fan of Craig Brown so pleased with that one on a temporary basis like you've pointed out its Knox that's the eye opener for me.

You've mentioned the bigger teams there PID but in addition to that - and perhaps more relevant to us - is that he has a whack of experience of Scottish football at the likes of Aberdeen, Dundee and to a lesser extent Forfar as well. He really has dealt with players at all levels across the spectrum and in all scenarios.

I don't know about the longer term, that remains to be seen but in the interim I'm pretty happy with the speed and the choice the club have made with Brown and Knox.