Craig Brown For Manager

claretbandonambershirt

Craig Brown?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I will admit that I was a bit skeptical about the partnership of Brown and Knox and whether they were good enough. I realize one result does not a manager make but after today's performance and after-match speech I will now say that I am absolutely impressed and would like to see Brown in permanent charge of the team. He seems to bring confidence to the players and I don't think we need to look any further.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was a good pick the day Gannon left and nothing has changed. He clearly has the respect of the players, is doing it for the love of the job, knows the SPL pretty well, will have no aspirations of moving to greater things - what more do we want?

I've been said it before put him in charge until the end of the season now.

If he's successful and he wants to continue we can always draw up a longer term contract.

It looks like it is going to be a grueling season with not much between most of the teams, his experience will be very important and he has a track record of managing young players and that could be crucial over the season.

We need someone who knows the SPL inside out to get us through this transitional stage of being dependent on a very young squad and you are unlikely to find anyone better than Brown at doing that.

I ant think of any manager that has done more than him that we could realistically get, but saying that i think we should wait til end of season to see if we all feel the same way, i mean look at Gannon's first five games or so and we all thought he was the mesia, then we go 7 games without a win, think maybe wer getting a little too excited.

Are you asking "need we look further?" in which case the answer is no,

Or are you asking should we keep CB as manager? If so I vote yes.

Apologize for any confusion, the questions were implied the same, meaning I don't think we need look any further.

I'd be tempted to give Jack & Victor the opportunity to see out the season at least.

By all accounts, we played well yesterday (as well as getting a superb win), but it'll only take a couple of poor results for many to start the 'sack the manager' pish - we need a bit of stability again, and these guys are seasoned pros, so give them the time they need, and let's get right behind them.

MON RA DOSSERS

How about after a win against a struggling side, a really good performace against Hearts and a place in the next round of the Scottish Cup?

Judge him on a defeat and a postponed game? :lol:

And 33 years experience? You mean the wonders he worked with Clyde and Preston? And international management? :lol:

I'm actually a fan of the guy, but it was so fucking obvious that this thread was coming. B-)

Yes, because Jack and Victor brng stability, experience and confidence to the club. I thought the Gannon appointment was an ambitious one - promising but unknown. Having seen the damage caused by that one I opt for security now.

Could this double act eventually evolve into a supporting role for a less experienced coach that developed young talent - like chris McCart?

And 33 years experience? You mean the wonders he worked with Clyde and Preston? And international management? :huh:

In eight years as Scotland manager, he lost only nine competitive games.

Archie Knox's Scottish Premier League history is well known.

He more than matches up against previous Well managers...Butcher, McGhee, Davies..

His record is arguably better than our last short list of Gannon, Boothroyd, Sanchez and Staunton.

I wouldnt have him down as a visionary. But he is respected within the game, took this country to two footballing tournaments and was the last manager to do so with a squad no better than the current one (no disrespect to Tosh McKinley, Scott Gemmill and Matt Elliot).

At this stage i dont feel we'd be able to attract a more competent management duo, without taking a needless risk. Brown/Knox till the end of the season and re-evaluate then. That no sound reasonable Trucky boy??

I think the point Trucks is trying to make is that it's funny how this thread was started in the aftermath of a 3-0 away victory. Would it have been started after a 3-0 defeat? Why not start it weeks ago when they came in? If we lose the next 3 games will there be a thread saying can we no try someone else ?

Also Jk your points on Brown are spot on and I hope he stays on even after the end of the season and in to next. He could be our own Roy Hodgson.