Craig Brown For Manager

claretbandonambershirt

Craig Brown?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Yes to Jack and Victor until the end of the season at least. That's fair to both the club and the two of them. Then everybody....including us....will have a better idea of the way ahead.

But I will say this. Set aside yesterday's result and look instead at the good, positive feeling that was plain for all to see. And it was the same at Tynecastle even without a win. The players on the pitch, the subs, the players not selected, the management team and the fans were all one team. Brown and Knox deserve credit for that. Sure, most of the players and staff were on a high with Gannon leaving but the wrong approach from the new guys would have been a disaster. That's where their experience and leadership skills showed they were the correct appointments.

No doubt there will be some disappointments before the end of the season but Craig and Archie know what is needed to keep us up and hopefully challenge for the top six. Remembering our performances leading up to Gannon's departure the future seems a lot brighter now. We are in safe hands and it's plain to see the players are responding well to the new regime.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes but I'd add that I feel Brown and Knox should be installed until the end of the season and no further just now. Things should be assessed once the season ends to see where we are.

Settle down. One match in charge lads. Give Brown till the end of the season and then take it from there.

Too many folk just want to jump in with two feet!

Totally agree. I think we're best hedging our bets rather than being rash and making kneejerk decisions which we may live to regret.

Older and wiser and exactly what the club needed after Gannongate. Brown and Knox have the respect of all the squad and that puts everyone back in their place. We might now see some sensible player management and it's going to be interesting to see whether they can get the best out of our young players and convince one or two to stay a little longer.

It is my opinion that securing their commitment to the club now might also secure players we could have lost. I get a sense that all the players are excited about the season ahead and dare I say it perhaps a little in awe of our latest management team. The players know all to well that a different manager can provide a very different future.

Giving them a 2yr contract now makes perfect sense to me. It has been a very long time since Motherwell had someone with Browns standing in the game and Motherwell's interests at heart at the helm of the Ark. We would be foolish at best to not make the most of this opportunity. Aside from Smith, there can be no other manager in Scotland with his connections in the game. Their enjoying an Indian summer and look like they've got the bug. With enough time and perhaps a young head (?) alongside them, Brown and Knox could move our club on significantly.

I think the point Trucks is trying to make is that it's funny how this thread was started in the aftermath of a 3-0 away victory. Would it have been started after a 3-0 defeat? Why not start it weeks ago when they came in? If we lose the next 3 games will there be a thread saying can we no try someone else ?

Also Jk your points on Brown are spot on and I hope he stays on even after the end of the season and in to next. He could be our own Roy Hodgson.

Fair point netherton. It was taking into account the two games, not just yesterday; the way in which Brown is handling himself, the much improved atmosphere and team spirit was the reason for the thread. Also, I admitted I was not particularly in favour of the Brown/Knox interim appointment.

Yes to Jack and Victor until the end of the season at least. That's fair to both the club and the two of them. Then everybody....including us....will have a better idea of the way ahead.

But I will say this. Set aside yesterday's result and look instead at the good, positive feeling that was plain for all to see. And it was the same at Tynecastle even without a win. The players on the pitch, the subs, the players not selected, the management team and the fans were all one team. Brown and Knox deserve credit for that. Sure, most of the players and staff were on a high with Gannon leaving but the wrong approach from the new guys would have been a disaster. That's where their experience and leadership skills showed they were the correct appointments.

No doubt there will be some disappointments before the end of the season but Craig and Archie know what is needed to keep us up and hopefully challenge for the top six. Remembering our performances leading up to Gannon's departure the future seems a lot brighter now. We are in safe hands and it's plain to see the players are responding well to the new regime.

Agree with that.

Give him the job for as long as he wants it.

Who else are we going to get with desire and experience that doesn't have one eye on a better offer. eg McLeish, McGhee, Gannon

Craig and Archie for me.

'Well til I die

C'mon the Well

Exactly. Let's be honest, top managers are not going to be lining up to come to Fir Park, why would they? Right now we have men with vast experience and pretty good records.

Easy to get carried away with the seeming change in atmosphere and whilst I not 100% sure Brown and Knox are the team to take us forward they certainly seem capable of getting more out of the current lot in the short term than Gannon could. I'd give them an 18th month contract now with an option of another year/2 year extension in the summer if things are going well.

I don't think we can afford to say just take us to the end of the season and then we'll see, we're tying one hand behind our back regards signing players for the better part of two transfer windows potentialy if we do that. It a bit of a risk but worst comes to worst they only got a relatively short term contract to pay off and in the meantime we can plan for the future fairly steadily.

Easy to get carried away with the seeming change in atmosphere and whilst I not 100% sure Brown and Knox are the team to take us forward they certainly seem capable of getting more out of the current lot in the short term than Gannon could. I'd give them an 18th month contract now with an option of another year/2 year extension in the summer if things are going well.

I don't think we can afford to say just take us to the end of the season and then we'll see, we're tying one hand behind our back regards signing players for the better part of two transfer windows potentialy if we do that. It a bit of a risk but worst comes to worst they only got a relatively short term contract to pay off and in the meantime we can plan for the future fairly steadily.

Agree 100% with that hence I think we should make a commitment now. Offering managers six month contracts to me has no value no matter who you are. We need to decide now if Craig Brown is who we want next season. If we say aye sort it, if we say no get someone else in this week.

A great result yesterday on the back of a decent performance at Tynecastle. It is plain to see already that the shackles are off the players since Gannon has gone.

Brown is the polar opposite from Gannon in terms of man management and that is already starting to show. I am sure both Archie and Craig would love a swansong at this stage in their career - so will put there all into the job.

I would be surprised if they were not given the job till the summer. That was probably always going to happen - but not until Boyle was back from his hols. I think that is the sensible option right now. Would suit both parties and if all goes well then towards the end of the season they can go for another year - however if the wheels come off then both parties can part ways amicably and with no contracts to terminate etc.

Obviously in the minority here but I am "undecided". Would like to se how we get on tonight, Saturday against St Mirren and next Wednesday against Falkirk. It would give us some idea how the team are progressing. Happy with him to get the job till May.......not sure after that. Yet.

WAT?

I edited it sorry . I knew as soon as I posted that I fucked up. I was thinking of 2 things and made an arse of it. Basically JB and LD came on the train at Perth and said that the club are talking to Brown's agent and hope they stay AT LEAST until the end of the season.

Apologies for the fuck up but as I say I was distracted when posting.

No not really. Said it when he was appointed he should be given rest of the season.

This result is no different. The only reality to hit home is the fact, once again Motherwell go out to lower league opposition. It's not the first time, and it certainly won't be the last...