1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i got in from the game I just caught Colin Hendry on ESPN and whoever else was in the studio discussing this and seemed to be saying that there had been a difference of opinion between Boyle and Brown during their discussions. They also said that if no agreement was reached then it would be "embarrasing" for the club.

Boyles comments on Gannon (they are all intent on continuously bringing Gannon up into every interview) fly in the face of his statement in December where he stated that Gannons position was untenable, clearly inferring that he had been sacked. Now he says he walked!!?? More confusion from the man.

Brown also says Hammell was frozen out of the first team - nonsense.

And O'Brien claimed he was out of the picture - strange comments from a man who has appeared more times than almost any other player under Gannon?

Anyway last two points were off topic, although it seems that Brown is already having his hands tied in terms of bringing in any new players, as he has already stated that every time he enquires about a player the first question the agent asks is "are you going to be the manager". How can he strengthen the team if he is unable to assure potential players that he will be there to pick him. I would not be in the least surprised if Brown and Knox leave the club, paving the way for the exciting, dynamic and adventurous swashbuckling management duo of Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown.

When i got in from the game I just caught Colin Hendry on ESPN and whoever else was in the studio discussing this and seemed to be saying that there had been a difference of opinion between Boyle and Brown during their discussions. They also said that if no agreement was reached then it would be "embarrasing" for the club.

Boyles comments on Gannon (they are all intent on continuously bringing Gannon up into every interview) fly in the face of his statement in December where he stated that Gannons position was untenable, clearly inferring that he had been sacked. Now he says he walked!!?? More confusion from the man.

Brown also says Hammell was frozen out of the first team - nonsense.

And O'Brien claimed he was out of the picture - strange comments from a man who has appeared more times than almost any other player under Gannon?

Anyway last two points were off topic, although it seems that Brown is already having his hands tied in terms of bringing in any new players, as he has already stated that every time he enquires about a player the first question the agent asks is "are you going to be the manager". How can he strengthen the team if he is unable to assure potential players that he will be there to pick him. I would not be in the least surprised if Brown and Knox leave the club, paving the way for the exciting, dynamic and adventurous swashbuckling management duo of Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown.

Interesting post mate. Difference of opinion? Embarrasing for the club? Hmmmm! The stuff about O'Brien isn't entirely accurate though. There was a period in Novemeber/December where O'Brien was a sub or not actually gee=tting a game. Some put this down to rumours of JOB going to Aberdeen but would now apear to be due to a "difference of opinion" between the two.

It certainly sounds like somethin is going on. Boyle mentioned that he wanted to get the transfer window out of the way before he looks at the managerial position. However, surely that is the cart before the horse. As Broon has said the first thing agents ask him is if he will be at the club to the end of the season. Or beyond. Players could well be reluctant to sign for a manager when that very signing could be the man's last piece of official business. Reading between the lines (which is sadly all we can do at this point) and comparing ourselves to Killie, I can only imagine there is a stumbling block in the way of Brown getting the job on a more permanent basis.

Get him and Archie Knox signed up right now, we wont get a chance of a better management team anytime soon i dont think.

Unlike many on here I remain to be convinced, two decent results and one absolutley disgraceful one against very poor opposition isnt quite enough to get me all orgasmic about the two old boys , but my concern is the lack of stability within the team and i feel that brown and knox should get the nod til the end of the season. If we change it at that point then its fine by me, but the change needs to occur at the beginning of the close season, not a few days before the start of the new one, nor half way through the season.

I am baffled as to the complete lack of any future plan with regard to the playing side of the club. not surprised because thats been the norm for ten years now, so wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks time we announce our fourth management team in 7th months. In fact im almost convinced that Brown and Knox will NOT be here come March.

Unlike many on here I remain to be convinced, two decent results and one absolutley disgraceful one against very poor opposition isnt quite enough to get me all orgasmic about the two old boys , but my concern is the lack of stability within the team and i feel that brown and knox should get the nod til the end of the season. If we change it at that point then its fine by me, but the change needs to occur at the beginning of the close season, not a few days before the start of the new one, nor half way through the season.

I am baffled as to the complete lack of any future plan with regard to the playing side of the club. not surprised because thats been the norm for ten years now, so wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks time we announce our fourth management team in 7th months. In fact im almost convinced that Brown and Knox will NOT be here come March.

Again, if we do get "rid" of Brown/Knox and get someone else in then that SHOULD prevent another summer of upheaval. We have had a few of them recently. Brown and Knox getting the job in the short term is good for the club and players but the negative is we could be searching for a new manager again in June. Not ideal. A part of me would rather do that now.

Again, if we do get "rid" of Brown/Knox and get someone else in then that SHOULD prevent another summer of upheaval. We have had a few of them recently. Brown and Knox getting the job in the short term is good for the club and players but the negative is we could be searching for a new manager again in June. Not ideal. A part of me would rather do that now.

Thats a great point and I can see the benefits in that. I suppose Killie, Falkirk and maybe Accies should ensure we dont get sucked into the dogfight, which is my main concern this season. However if we cant strengthen appropriately now then its not outwith the realms of fantasy that we will get suckered in. Especially if we end with a dud like Jeffries for the run in. The problem is - what if we dont have anyone else lined up and Brown and Knox get an offer elsewhere, maybe im being fanciful here but as they dont have a contract whats to stop them "absenting themselves abruptly"

I reckon begining of Feb will see Paw and Erchie in situ till the end of the season, however I think JB will be working behind the scenes with Jack and Victors support to bring in a new manager for the longer term.

Their experience ,knowledge of the game and contacts in football and the media will prove invaluable to MFC

Could a certain Mr Gannon be causing problems in the background preventing Boyle from making a decision about the Managerial future at this time? (Sheer speculation)

On another note this is a bit long winded but makes a point. Below is a list (in order) of the no of managers the SPL clubs have had over the last 20 years (1990-2010) with the average time for each manager alongside. Makes intereting reading (I think)

Hearts- 16 Ave (1.25 yr per manager) Hearts have had 13 managers in the last 6 years

Hibs- 12 Ave (1.7 yrs per manager). Alex Miller was there for 10 yrs (86-96)

Celtic- 11 Ave (1.8 yr per manager)

Dundee Utd- 11 (as above) Jim McLean did have 22 yrs in charge from 71-93.

MWell- 10 Ave (2yrs per manager) This includes Craig Brown

Aberdeen- 9 (2.2 yrs)

Falkirk-9

Ham Accies- 8 (Ave 2.5 yrs)

St Mirren-8 Gus MacPherson has been manager since 2003.

St Johnston- 8

Killie- 6 (Ave 3.3 yrs) Jeffries had 8 years.

Rangers- 6 Including PLG's short spell and Ian Durrant, suggesting this is not the hardest job in the SPL as some would have us believe.

The point is that to get two years from an SPL manager is actually fairly good going so the issue of age should not really be a factor with Craig Brown. If he could give us to the end of season 2011/12 he would become one of the longest serving Well Managers of the last 20 years.

For me this has dragged on far too long now. Either give them the job now, or don't, but do it now!
They were brought in as interim management for an unspecified period of time. Both parties knew this at the time, so I don't see what the big deal is.

After the Gannon problem, Boyle is quite right to weigh up his options and not rush into anything that will require more upheavals a few months down the line,