underboyleheating

Motherwell Fantasy Kits

A hoop wouldn't be right with the blue top.

Like the white one, not all out blue, but just enough.

Loving the retro feel Motherwell Football Club!

Sticking with that theme, this one pays tribute to our first ever Claret and Amber kit.

Celebrating 100 Years of wearing the finest colour combination in football.

2uo4cgo.jpg

That's a belter :huh:

Can someone remind me again as to why the decision was taken to adopt the claret and amber? :nod:

Must admit, I don't like the one trafficlight just highlighted. Good effort but does look like someone wearing a amber bib.

Must admit, I don't like the one trafficlight just highlighted. Good effort but does look like someone wearing a amber bib.

Fair do's, mate, these ideas probably always have yeas and nays for each design. Personally I'd definitely buy it. Perhaps if such anniversary strips are launched, you S.T. holders will be given a chance to vote for your choice.

Fair do's, mate, these ideas probably always have yeas and nays for each design. Personally I'd definitely buy it. Perhaps if such anniversary strips are launched, you S.T. holders will be given a chance to vote for your choice.

A couple of years ago we got to design it. I'd love for us to be given that opportunity again. In saying that I'm sure a petrol blue top was an option for the away kit and it didn't get enough votes to be the one chosen.

Anyone have any kind of images of the shirts that we had to vote on that year?

A couple of years ago we got to design it. I'd love for us to be given that opportunity again. In saying that I'm sure a petrol blue top was an option for the away kit and it didn't get enough votes to be the one chosen.

Yeah, that was the recent one with the white shorts and the hoop around the arms, wasn't it? Very nice strip too.

Blue? Seriously? Oh no wait, its PETROL blue. Thats OK then. :nod:

And celebrating 100 years of claret and amber by not wearing claret and amber? :huh:

They listened to you lot about a hoop and the jersey was like a cheap knock off. Please dont make the same mistake twice whoever designs the shirts!

Blue? Seriously? Oh no wait, its PETROL blue. Thats OK then. :nod:

And celebrating 100 years of claret and amber by not wearing claret and amber? :huh:

They listened to you lot about a hoop and the jersey was like a cheap knock off. Please dont make the same mistake twice whoever designs the shirts!

Hardly our fault :lol: Not like CCC came out and said "Ok choice is top without a hoop and as standard quality, or top with a hope but inferior quality to incorporate SPL number printing". If the hoop caused this, as would appear to have, then this should have been realised very early and the idea ditched.

Blue? Seriously? Oh no wait, its PETROL blue. Thats OK then. :D

And celebrating 100 years of claret and amber by not wearing claret and amber? :doh:

:doh: we have this same argument every time this subject crops up. If you don't like the idea you don't like it, no need for any more discussion and showing how much you fail to grasp the reasoning behind it.

Following on from UBH's ideas and the suggestion of a 125 year celebration kit.

wellblue1.png

wellblue2.png

Braw. Just braw. :D

Confused much?

2010-2011 would be the 125th anniversary. Petrol Blue

2012-2013 would be 100 years of claret and amber I think?

May 2011 - 125th Anniversary.

Season 2013-2014 - 100 years in C&A

Season 2028-2029 - 100 years since amber shirt with claret hoop.

May 2011 - 125th Anniversary.

Season 2013-2014 - 100 years in C&A

Season 2028-2029 - 100 years since amber shirt with claret hoop.

That clears it up well :rolleyes:

So should be a petrol blue away kit in 2011-2012. Which is meant to be the next time we have new kits out.

Liking the blue sampdoria style one, that as an away kit for the 125th anniversary season and like the idea of the replica of the first C&A style one for the 100th anniversary of wearing claret and amber.

football_shirt_3961_1_500x400x0.jpg

I may be wrong, but is this the shirt in question?

The year we got to design the shirt was the first year we had Anglian.

Vigilante from on here (who I am now assuming is UnderBoyleHeating) won it with his home top, which he also tried to incorporate the player names into but it was obviously too complicated.

Still one of my favourite tops since I started buying them.