Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

• 1 month later...

The latest Hearts adidas shirt has been the but of a few jokes on football forums. As always I am keen to see what it would look like in C&A as certain colour schemes can sometimes change the over all feel of a design. It works better in the long sleeve version, however I am still not convinced by this latest adidas template. Any thoughts?

jgtyqv.jpg

• Like 1

The latest Hearts adidas shirt has been the but of a few jokes on football forums. As always I am keen to see what it would look like in C&A as certain colour schemes can sometimes change the over all feel of a design. It works better in the long sleeve version, however I am still not convinced by this latest adidas template. Any thoughts?

jgtyqv.jpg

Absolute belter! Would buy that without hesitation.

Think it works for us as we have the claret band anyway so the sleeves dont look ridiculous.

Think it works for us as we have the claret band anyway so the sleeves dont look ridiculous.

It certainly works better in C&A than maroon & white. You could maye advertise it as a modern homage to our 50s hooped sleeve shirts (although this would be stretching it a bit).

I always liked the old 80s adidas effort (which didn't have a band or hoop) - but don't like the sleeves on this one. Without the band on the sleeves, I think it's a cracker.

Our first and only time in an adidas shirt. The 70s and 80s adidas templates were indeed design classics.

football_shirt_5027_1_600x560x0.jpg

The shirt was never put on sale to the public, however I did see a girl wearing an original at one of our cup semis or finals. This was the first time that I had seen it since the early 80's. Due to copyright issues clubs are not allowed to reproduce retro 3 striped shirts, however some clubs do sell 4 striped versions.

Some big clubs have deals in place with adidas to recreate classic designs, unfortunately Motherwell are not in that league.

Aye, I guessed that would be the reason. I suppose we wouldn't sell enough to justify the effort involved. I'll just have to keep an eye out for an original.

.... unless a batch were to be manufactured in a country with no such copyright issues....

I really don't have any relevant contacts in this field but it might be worth digging into, surely anything is possible in Thailand!

• Like 1

Just chuckling while I remember the recent badge debate. Don't mess with tradition, if it ain't broke etc etc

I was glad when the club shop asked me to recreate the original 70s script for the recent 125 anniversary top as I was always championing it's return. In my opinion we should use this monogram on training/leisure gear whenever possible. We have used various script fonts in recent times but I would standardise it to the original 70s version.

.... unless a batch were to be manufactured in a country with no such copyright issues...

There is a company who have used the three stripes on sportswear legally for years. O’Neills the Irish sportswear company were taken to court in the early 80’s by adidas but won their case against the German sportswear giant.

You can read about the trial here.

Legally you could manufacture a 1980’s Motherwell 3 stripe top if you could convince O’Neills to make it. whistling.gifph34r.gif

O’Neills are also one of the few companies who produce off the shelf team wear in claret/maroon and amber (complete with three stripes). Below is a screen grab from their 2010/11 catalogue...

prodzoomimg4008.jpg

prodzoomimg4007.jpg

naomh-seosamh-gaa-jersy-white-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...