Motherwell Fantasy Kits

underboyleheating

This is slightly off topic so apologies in advance but didn't want to start a new thread. The wee man got his strip signed at the end of the season and is wanting to get it framed to keep it good. Anyone know or used anywhere local to get such a thing done?

The club shop have experience in framing tops and maybe they will be able to advise you on the best place to get it done.

You will have either loved or hated our recent petrol blue third top. Personally I liked it, and always championed the reasons behind it. With this in mind I see no reason why we shouldn't re-introduce another blue third kit sometime in the future in recognition of our historical kit roots.

This photoshop mock up is how I envisage a future 'Back to Blue' kit may look like. No matter whether it's an away or third I always like to see a hint of claret and amber somewhere on the kit. It's also no secret that I prefer to see fully embroidered badges as I think they add a touch of quality care to any kit design (we appear to have drifted away from this practice on our recent kits). I also think clubs could experiment more with printing/stitching onto the material to help inject some club individuality to the standard manufacturer design template. The technology is available and I see no reason (cost dependent) not to embrace it.

122gjg9.jpg

• Like 3

You will have either loved or hated our recent petrol blue third top. Personally I liked it, and always championed the reasons behind it. With this in mind I see no reason why we shouldn't re-introduce another blue third kit sometime in the future in recognition of our historical kit roots.

This photoshop mock up is how I envisage a future 'Back to Blue' kit may look like. No matter whether it's an away or third I always like to see a hint of claret and amber somewhere on the kit. It's also no secret that I prefer to see fully embroidered badges as I think they add a touch of quality care to any kit design (we appear to have drifted away from this practice on our recent kits). I also think clubs could experiment more with printing/stitching onto the material to help inject some club individuality to the standard manufacturer design template. The technology is available and I see no reason (cost dependent) not to embrace it.

122gjg9.jpg

Its a wee bit like that ManU blue kit with the water mark badge that they had a few years ago. Like the white shorts and your embroidered badge with the Steelmen stitching.

I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have already posted the new Boca Juniors white away top in the new kits section, however, it’s worth posting here as well. I think the combination of the traditional Boca bold hoop works very well when converted to C&A.

When it comes to producing a simple hoop design, Boca are king.

ta1n4w.jpg

• Like 2

I like that!

Ever so slightly reminiscent of an away kit from the sixties. In fact I might even have bought that retro shirt from fatcalf in the days his retro tops bore a more true reflection than those the club shop were selling.

Ever so slightly reminiscent of an away kit from the sixties. In fact I might even have bought that retro shirt from fatcalf in the days his retro tops bore a more true reflection than those the club shop were selling.

Without doubt there is still a market for those who prefer to buy decent 'accurate' retro shirts rather than the latest design. I have worked with the club before to produce a retro top, and due to my obsessive nature, I tried to make sure that the shirt was as accurate as possible. It was manufactured by Bukta and was a copy of our 1976-78 Admiral white away top. The main difference between the copy and the original was the feel of the fabric. Whilst both the original and the copy were 100% polyester, the Admiral shirt was more of an Airtex material which was very uncomfortable to wear. The collar on the copy was also a little more conservative than the original (not my decision as I would have happily kept it the same size). The amber was also darker to bring it into line with our recent shade. So hopefully the club will continue to delve into our back catalogue of home and away kits to give us a viable alternative to any new release.

Original Admiral replica

motherwell-away-football-shirt-1976-1978-s_2971_1.jpg

Bukta retro version

motherwell-retro-replicas-football-shirt-1976-1978-s_5599_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This mock up is based on the recent Man Utd Nike away template and it reminds me of our 1989 Matchwinner top which is still one of my favourite Well shirts. I don’t think we have had a button collar home shirt since our 1998-2000 Xara top.

I wouldn’t like to bet against us getting one next season (Macron templates permitting).

2m6jype.jpg

This mock up is based on the recent Man Utd Nike away template and it reminds me of our 1989 Matchwinner top which is still one of my favourite Well shirts. I don't think we have had a button collar home shirt since our 1998-2000 Xara top.

I wouldn't like to bet against us getting one next season (Macron templates permitting).

2m6jype.jpg

I like it ...but it is to me anyway more like a Polo Top than a playing top

• 9 months later...

New kit coming in the summer apparently. Where is underboyleheating with the possible mock-ups?

I’ve been on a self imposed hibernation, however, I’ll maybe have a look at the new Macron templates and see what my crystal ball says. :lol: I would also favour a one off return of the diagonal band as I have fond memories of our 70s team who wore that iconic kit. :notworthy:

I would like us to try a modern take on the mid 70s strip with the sash(sorry diagonal band)

Noticed the season book has a sash on it. Wee clue, maybe?

Going by some recent Macron 2015-16 templates I reckon this one would suit our 70s sash kit the best. We are also due a collar on our home top and this just might be the year for it to return.

2q9dj53.jpg

• Like 3