Dundee Utd Home 18/4/10

dosser

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would't expect it to get any better next season. Sub 3000 crowds will be common place and not just a Fir Park either. Fans are now rapidly voting with their feet and deserting every SPL club at an alarming rate.

Indeed. Saw the Rangers v Hearts game prior to leaving and there were quite a number of empty seats there too and that for a game was being mooted as a potential title winning game at that.

But as for ourselves you do wonder when the lack of numbers and revenue will or perhaps its a case of already has had an impact on what budget we have for the squad.

I' just wondering here is it significant that there were no fewer than 5 promoted from the U19 side for next season when you generally only get one or two. Has the emphasis shifted further still towards promoting from within and developing players rather than trying to more of the finished article?

What the fuck was broon thinking playing humphrey at RB instead of Hately as well?

The sensible thing to do would've been to move Hately to RB, Coke into the middle, Move O'Brien over to the left and put Humphrey on right wing. Just don't get it myself :doh:

I wouldn't even have done that. Hateley to RB but I would have elected to bring on Forbes (sit him in the middle) instead of Humphrey. Humphey has some work to do this preseaon as far as I can see he can run fast or run fast in a straight line with the ball. Not one of Gannon's best signings so far.

What the fuck was broon thinking playing humphrey at RB instead of Hately as well?

The sensible thing to do would've been to move Hately to RB, Coke into the middle, Move O'Brien over to the left and put Humphrey on right wing. Just don't get it myself :thumbup:

This

Seemed a bit mental not to simply reshuffle and put Hately to RB, a position he's relatively familiar with on that pitch at least, and leave us with a semi-normal back 4 that we can build from, especially when we were chasing the game :lol:

We seemed to be doing ok out wide anyway, so couldve even brought on Forbes for a chance in his preferred central position to show what he can do from there.

Onwards and upwards I suppose

will the people running the game react to falling crowds or will they continue to bury their head in the sand.live football and excessive prices are strangling our game, yet no one seems to be accountable or willing to bring about any sort of lasting change.

I'm afraid the blinkers will be on for those running our clubs and the mindset of - 'well everyone charges £20 for SPL football' will continue to enforce the status quo.

Many fans, myself included are indeed voting with our feet. Some simply can't afford it but some of those staying away, myself included 'have the money' but just can't justify spending it on 90 minutes of football and choses to spend it on other things these days. £20-£25 entry plus petrol and food can go along way when you spend it on other leisure activities, four hours of golf at most courses in Scotland for example or a day's Snowboarding up north or 2 hours at a cinema for TWO people or more. Not to mention spending money on family or saving for holidays

This isn't the 50s - people work long hours around the clock for their leisure time and are starting to see the bigger picture. Next season there will be 1500 'Well fans at least willing to pay £12-£15 to go to Fir Park sitting on the end of a radio, tv set or mobile phone DYING to know the score. To have an empty seat at Fir Park with their name on it (quite literally in some cases!) and not let them come in is one of the biggest follies of our time - and will continue to be until ONE club leads the way.

Why not us?

I wouldn't even have done that. Hateley to RB but I would have elected to bring on Forbes (sit him in the middle) instead of Humphrey. Humphey has some work to do this preseaon as far as I can see he can run fast or run fast in a straight line with the ball. Not one of Gannon's best signings so far.

I'd agree with you there mate. Humphrey is a pacy player but his end product isn't always there! For him being the 'impact' player we want brought on, I don't think he's ever looked good as a sub unless we're already winning.

On another note, I thought Sutton was tremendous yesterday, those on here will know I've been highly critical of him in the past, but since Paw Broon's came in he's been magnificent with either the Duke or Murphy, not only in his goal return, but as a target man and even helping the team out at set pieces. Happily eating humble pie where that's concerned.

I'm afraid the blinkers will be on for those running our clubs and the mindset of - 'well everyone charges £20 for SPL football' will continue to enforce the status quo.

Many fans, myself included are indeed voting with our feet. Some simply can't afford it but some of those staying away, myself included 'have the money' but just can't justify spending it on 90 minutes of football and choses to spend it on other things these days. £20-£25 entry plus petrol and food can go along way when you spend it on other leisure activities, four hours of golf at most courses in Scotland for example or a day's Snowboarding up north or 2 hours at a cinema for TWO people or more. Not to mention spending money on family or saving for holidays

This isn't the 50s - people work long hours around the clock for their leisure time and are starting to see the bigger picture. Next season there will be 1500 'Well fans at least willing to pay £12-£15 to go to Fir Park sitting on the end of a radio, tv set or mobile phone DYING to know the score. To have an empty seat at Fir Park with their name on it (quite literally in some cases!) and not let them come in is one of the biggest follies of our time - and will continue to be until ONE club leads the way.

Why not us?

Fantastic post, and almost exactly my own opinion.

Thing is also, it's not just home fans. If it was a blanket £15 for an Adult to get into Easter Road, would you go? Would your Motherwell-supporting mates go? Would your Killie/Falkirk/St Mirren-supporting mates go? Damn right. If your tickets were £15 across the board for an adult, not only would you encourage home fans back...but you would INSTANTLY become the away game of choice for every fan of every club that wants to attend football.

All over the country you'd hear "I don't go to away games anymore, except Fir Park".

Not only do you NOT NEED the other clubs to lower their prices in order to do it ourselves...you're actually using it to your advantage by attracting their fans!! Not from the point of view of trying to convert them to 'well fans...but simply as I said, making an away game at Fir Park the first one on your "to-do" list for the season. We'd actually BENEFIT from the other clubs keeping their prices up. If we're the only club doing it, then we're the only club that fans will go out of their way to visit.

Fans are DYING to go to the football, not Motherwell fans specifically....just football fans. Someone just has to give them a reason to, and that could be us if we had the balls.