Rangers V Motherwell - Euro Day

Rickoza

Thought I'd start one for Sunday. It's easily a bigger game for us than them, I know they get the trophy etc but 9 times out of 10 this usually equates to the whole game being a bit of a damp squib and petering out into a draw. I don't think Rangers will be busting a gut, their fans won't be particularly concerned as they've bigger worries than even drawing or losing to Motherwell. I think that we'll match whatever Hibs do on Tayside. Thoughts?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many will we let in is the question? Could easily be 5-0. Can't see us getting anything at all and our best hope is Hibs are utterly demoralised and Utd are all playing for their starting place in the cup final.

How many will we let in is the question? Could easily be 5-0. Can't see us getting anything at all and our best hope is Hibs are utterly demoralised and Utd are all playing for their starting place in the cup final.

dont see us getting anything on sunday, houston was saying last night he's risking none of our key players ahead of the final

You having a laugh? Hammell and Craigan are physically fucked, you can't sort that out.

4-1 Rangers, farewell hat-trick for Boyd.

Boyd isnae playing apparently, one booking away from a ban which carries over until next season. Paper talk granted but yesterdays Express reported that, find they're a bit more accurate than the main two jobies, Thomson as well.

United keep Webster under wraps for the cup final

arabs skipper won’t face hibs in last game but will be okay for hampden

Published: 07/05/2010

Dundee United captain Andy Webster is out of Sunday’s final game of the season against Hibernian — but will be fit for the Scottish Cup final tomorrow week.

The on-loan Rangers man has been suffering from a nerve problem and came off at half-time against Hearts on Wednesday as a precaution.

Arabs manager Peter Houston now plans to wrap him in cottonwool until the May 15 final with Ross County, so Webster will be in the stand on Sunday.

Houston said: “Andy is fine but he won't be risked on Sunday.

“He's been suffering from a nerve problem. It's not serious and we just took him off as a precaution.

“I won't take any unnecessary risks with anyone so he'll sit out the Hibs game.

Houston laid down the Hampden gauntlet to his squad when he added: “I will probably make a few changes on Sunday but one thing's for sure is that we will be competitive because the lads who come in know this is the last chance to stake a claim for a cup-final place."

Arabs midfielder Craig Conway reckons that no one at Tannadice will allow themselves to switch off on Sunday. The Arabs have one eye on Hampden but will be all-out to go into the final on a high.

Hibs have to take something from the match in order to stand a chance of finishing fourth – so in addition to wanting to prepare properly for Hampden, Conway knows that United will have to be at the top of their game.

He said: “Nobody is pretending we're not thinking about the cup final because it's such a massive game that of course we are.

“But it won't stop us approaching Sunday's game properly.

“We'll work as hard as normal and be as competitive as we usually are.

“Hibs and Motherwell are still fighting it out for Europe so we've got to do our bit by making sure we're at the top of our game.

“From our own point of view we can't afford to switch off and then try to get back to a level of performance against Ross County in the cup final at Hampden.

“We've got one league game left and we want to go into the Scottish Cup final having beaten Hibernian at Tannadice."

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...=#ixzz0nEXyUt4v

Unfortunatley, after the long list of failures at Ibrox since 97, you get the feeling Rangers could play their uner 12's and still beat us. Hope I'm proven wrong, but I remain very unconfident of getting anything. Lafferty will almost certainly score and get someone sent off.

A lot of people questioning what impact throwing away a 4 goal lead will have on Hibs, and their ability to lift themselves for Sunday.......

Is there an argument for Motherwell being lifted by clawing back a 4 goal deficit, and confident about Sunday?

Every action has an opposite and equal reaction and all that!!

Going to be a difficult game, no doubt, but I think we'll finish the season 4th.

I can see us getting a draw, which is what we'll need as Hibs either lose or get a point in their game.

Dundee Utd will ring the changes and will thus get spanked by Hibs at the weekend.

A win is the only thing that'll see us 4th unfortunately. Stranger things have happened though.

Dundee Utd will ring the changes and will thus get spanked by Hibs at the weekend.

You think so?

I'd actually see Hibs having a better chance if United didn't ring the changes, as their players would be looking to stay fit ahead of a final.

The guys they bring in to play this game will have nothing to lose, but everything to gain by making a name for themselves and possibly throwing themselves into the mix for next season as far as the first-team squad goes.

It's all ifs & buts though really, isn't it?

To be honest I think we should be paying more attention to Tannadice than Ibrox tomorrow.

However, you never know Rangers might be in holiday mode and we could summon up one last great performance to get something but its on the unlikely side.

Stating the obvious but its going to be really difficult.

Despite the psychological blow Hibs will have suffered from Wednesday when it boils down to Sunday unfortunately I think they are still well capable of getting at least a point at Tannadice, which then puts us under major pressure to get at least a draw at Ibrox.

But then I can't help but get my hopes up by thinking of some similarities to going there when we last managed a win - Motherwell battling against Hibs (different prize this time ofcourse), Rangers expecting to have a title party, afternoon kick-off and live on Sky.

It surely couldn't go down like that Monday afternoon all those years ago could it?

Stating the obvious but its going to be really difficult.

Despite the psychological blow Hibs will have suffered from Wednesday when it boils down to Sunday unfortunately I think they are still well capable of getting at least a point at Tannadice, which then puts us under major pressure to get at least a draw at Ibrox.

But then I can't help but get my hopes up by thinking of some similarities to going there when we last managed a win - Motherwell battling against Hibs (different prize this time ofcourse), Rangers expecting to have a title party, afternoon kick-off and live on Sky.

It surely couldn't go down like that Monday afternoon all those years ago could it?

we also went in and beat them 0-2 for europe,they did have billy the fish in goal for them :nod:

Heading through to Ibrox on Sunday but expecting a defeat. I'm fully expecting the news coming through from Tannadice to be far more important that what's happening on the pitch in front of us!

2-0 to the Currants, with an understrength United side managing a 1-0 win to send is into Europe.

----------------Ruddy-------------------

Hateley-----Craigan------Reynolds------Hammell

O'Brien------Jennings-----Coke---------Sutton

-------------McGlinchey----------------------

------------------------Jutkiewicz--------------

Going to be a nail biting finale on Sunday with the result from Tannadice ultimately determining our final position as i don't see us getting anything from the h**s on Sunday.

It will be an embarrassment if we don't sell out our allocation for Sunday given that we can qualify for the Europa League. Can't wait till the game. Mon the Well!!!!

It will be an embarrassment if we don't sell out our allocation for Sunday given that we can qualify for the Europa League.

You think so?

If I had £100 spare, and was doing absolutely fuck all on Sunday I still wouldn't grace that stadium with my presence.

They'll get sod all from me. Ever.

If we get the result needed i'll be the first one round Fir Park to congratulate the boys when they get home though.