Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

Are there youtube videos suggesting McCalls daft? That'll be the one of him falling off the car I suppose.

Jeffers has had potential ever since Arsenal paid Everton £8m for him in 2001. It is a point of FACT that he has failed to live up to this potential ever since, scoring 17 goals in 150 appearances in 10 years.

Jeffers is 30 long past the age where potential is valid, he doesn't have potential he has a past and it's shit.

If McCall goes anywhere near him then he's worse than daft.

I'm going on the logic that he will have had a closer look at him recently than any of us and will make a decision based on that rather than anything he's done for the last 14 years. A good manager will spot the potential to fit into his team and play in this league. Aside from a handful of games for Rangers he's played at a much higher level than Motherwell so it's difficult to say what he can offer the team. I don't think he's someone that should be totally ruled out though. My only concern is his track record for injury.

And aye that's the video.

I'm going on the logic that he will have had a closer look at him recently than any of us and will make a decision based on that rather than anything he's done for the last 14 years. A good manager will spot the potential to fit into his team and play in this league. Aside from a handful of games for Rangers he's played at a much higher level than Motherwell so it's difficult to say what he can offer the team. I don't think he's someone that should be totally ruled out though. My only concern is his track record for injury.

And aye that's the video.

Spot on.

Thank fuck nobody on here is a manager or nobody would really ever get a chance to play. Murphy's shite, Sutton's shite, Craigan's shite, Hately's shite, Saunder's shite .....it would be just one big love in with Randolph and Hutchison playing! :lol:

If McCall has seen him in training and he looks like he could do a job then give him a go.

I do think some posters here should take a positive pill. Jeffers was good enough for Arsene Wenger and a host of other top managers. He played at Rangers when plenty of McCall's current pals there were around and he will know the reasons for underperformance. He is clearly talent who has never quite met his potential. Last time I looked that is a perfect place for Motherwell to intervene. Tommy Coyne, Bobby Russell, Davie Cooper, Owen Coyle to name but a few.

The Club will not be bursting any bank to get him and as far as we can make out haven't yet got him. Board chats like this hardly make us an attractive looking place to come. Get him in, get him fit and get him banging in the goals at a level of the game that might just be a good launchpad for a last hurrah.

Clearly he will need to stay out of the party scene which should be pretty easy to avoid down our way.....

If it works great. If not then still worth the risk. I guess any posters with a list of better freed alternatives should feel free to post them.

I like the way McCall is conducting himself and think we must get behind him every inch of the way.

To all the people on here saying we should have a punt on Jeffers how many of you have actually seen him play recently? Take it from someone who has watched him the last few weeks he is fucking pish!!! Im not talking about what's happened in the past im talking about the here & now. Plus it would be the end of the season before he even nearly got match fit. My grannies fitter than him & she's been deid for twenty years.

We signed Bob Malcolm who carried more baggage than Heathrow handlers and he got far less bad time on here. Give the guy a chance, if we sign him he should get the backing any Motherwell player deserves.

We signed Bob Malcolm who carried more baggage than Heathrow handlers and he got far less bad time on here. Give the guy a chance, if we sign him he should get the backing any Motherwell player deserves.

Here Here!

If we take him and he bangs in 15 goals and the winner in the SC final, McCall will be a genius. If not, he'll get punted come the summer!

Everyone is banging on about a not signing a striker. Now we're reportedly looking at a striker and we don't want him. As mentioned, the Juke was a gamble, why not have a flutter on Jeffers?

To all the people on here saying we should have a punt on Jeffers how many of you have actually seen him play recently? Take it from someone who has watched him the last few weeks he is fucking pish!!! Im not talking about what's happened in the past im talking about the here & now. Plus it would be the end of the season before he even nearly got match fit. My grannies fitter than him & she's been deid for twenty years.

I agree with you, but I would also say, he's going to have to be really bad to be worse than what we saw of the goal machine the other night.

the majority of people on here need to be realistic

since the beginning of Jan - SMc knew and we all knew, that we needed a striker

he tried to get folk in - he failed. It happens, and it wont be the last time it happens to Motherwell FC.

but we NEED a striker, what we have just now, isnt working. We have Murphy and Sutton - Casagolda and McHugh and later down the pecking order we have Smith. Now people are continually going crazy about us going for Jeffers. His goal ratio is shite, couldn't score in a brothel blah blah blah. Now, show me Casagolda's goal record this season, show me McHugh's, show me Smith's?????

oh hold on, Casagolda has an amazing goal scoring ratio in 2nd tier of Belgian football (or wherever he came from) and look how he has turned out. I like McHugh, think he has the build of Skippy, and in the previous european game, he showed nice touches - but when he has been given a chance - he's not done anything either

from what other posters have said, the money is there to be spent on wages - from now until the end of the season. Not as someone mentioned earlier to tie players up on longer contracts (although it would be nice)

Who else can we get - realistically? Who wants to come?

If the money is there to be spent, spend it. We wont see more money available next season as we havent spent it just now. Signing him, or anyone, is worth a punt if they can bolster the squad and get us to Hampden again

Surely its worth the risk? or are we better asking Paul Keegan to come back for a few months

if I'm being honest - I really don't know whether Franny Jeffers would be a good signing or not. I think most folk will be in the same boat.

He had it in the distant past and given the right conditions could he do it again? Dunno? is Motherwell the place that will allow him to get himself back on track with a bunch of guys to bring that spark back out? Unlikely? Dunno?

Someone posted his goal scoring stats for the past 10 seasons and for whatever reason they're extremely poor. But in his time at Everton he looked amazing.

Sometimes when we give a player that looks washed up a chance it works. They're not all the calibre of Bobby Russell (or Phil) but hey you've got to take hope from that. Most folk thought he would never kick a ball again never mind be any good. I'd give my left testiclon to see someone like him in a well shirt again.

I'd like to be clear here though (and sieb knows what I am on about) - I did not say or will ever say that Franny Jeffers is a better player than Bobby Russell. :D

I'm only saying that sometimes given the right conditions and support good things can happen - Like Franny Jeffers coming here and having a purple patch and casagolda's agent being asked to follow through on his offer of buying out his contract.

if I'm being honest - I really don't know whether Franny Jeffers would be a good signing or not. I think most folk will be in the same boat.

He had it in the distant past and given the right conditions could he do it again? Dunno? is Motherwell the place that will allow him to get himself back on track with a bunch of guys to bring that spark back out? Unlikely? Dunno?

Someone posted his goal scoring stats for the past 10 seasons and for whatever reason they're extremely poor. But in his time at Everton he looked amazing.

Sometimes when we give a player that looks washed up a chance it works. They're not all the calibre of Bobby Russell (or Phil) but hey you've got to take hope from that. Most folk thought he would never kick a ball again never mind be any good. I'd give my left testiclon to see someone like him in a well shirt again.

I'd like to be clear here though (and sieb knows what I am on about) - I did not say or will ever say that Franny Jeffers is a better player than Bobby Russell. :D

I'm only saying that sometimes given the right conditions and support good things can happen - Like Franny Jeffers coming here and having a purple patch and casagolda's agent being asked to follow through on his offer of buying out his contract.

Dont worry Steve noone will say you said he was as good as Bobby Russell :lol:

I said it yesterday when i had a go at everyone saying "he's washed up" "were scraping the bottom of the barrell"

The fact is he scored 18 goals in 37 games his first season at Everton. Then the second season he scored like 2 goals due to injury, 1 cap for England? 1 goal, 16 caps for England under 21's 13 goals (joint top goalscorer)

He has something, and things have went against him we all can admit but he hasn't been an out and out goalscorer at any point in his career apart from the examples i gave. I see him more in the Murphy role. At Everton he supported Kevin Campbell and the both of them worked to support each other and not as a Murphy Sutton type combo.

So in the right enviroment, the right players and the right vibe of a team im sure he will bang in some goals and im sure Motherwell is the team that can help him