Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

the truth to the charlembous situation is that he is allegedy a horrendous football player, and no one at the club knows why he was signed in the first place!

Maybe Broon knew all along he was going to leave Motherwell and wanted to fuck Motherwell up so we dont run away with 3rd

"hmmmmm who are the 3 worst players i can sign to make sure Motherwell have no more wages left and cant sign anyone else"

"Alan Gow is pish, we'll take him"

"Char....Chaamm....Charalalalala.....That Cypriot guy, he's shite sign him up!"

"Casagolda...your a legend and you'll score thousands up here! but play really shite for Motherwell and next season i will sign you for Aberdeen for 3x the wage your on!"

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/..._medium=twitter

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall unhappy at missing out on transfer targets

Feb 1 2011

MOTHERWELL boss Stuart McCalll revealed he had endured his most frustrating two days as a manager after failing to soften the blow of their cup semi-final defeat by Rangers with a new signing.

McCall had been seeking a new forward after losing Nick Blackman and Alan Gow in January but saw five potential deals collapse in little over 24 hours.

The Motherwell manager saw his main target pull out moments after Sunday's 2-1 Hampden loss against Rangers in the Co-operative Insurance Cup and continued to suffer frustration until late on Monday.

McCall, whose side host Kilmarnock in the SPL tomorrow, lost four players from an already thin squad last month with just Steve Jones and Gavin Gunning coming in.

The former Bradford boss, who had previously been in for David Healy before the Northern Ireland striker moved to Rangers, said: "I've got to say, the last 48 hours are probably the most frustrated I've been as a manager.

"On the back of the defeat against Rangers, I put my phone back on after the game, the boy I thought I had got unfortunately had a bit of a family crisis and has to stay down south until the summer. That happens, it was unfortunate.

"The second target, we couldn't match what he was being offered in England.

"The third target, which we always knew was going to be there and would have been a good one, unfortunately his club couldn't get a couple of strikers in which they thought they were absolutely certain to get.

"The fourth one got offered more money to go to America.

"The fifth one was 50-50. In fairness to him, because we came in so late, he had already given his word to an English club last week.

"He was still keen and up to quarter to eight we were still hopeful of getting him. It was really, really frustrating.

"But you try to get your top target in and I really thought we were going to get him."

McCall will continue his search, in a more limited pool, while hoping youngsters from within his ranks can push through.

If we get an injury to Sutton or Murphy are any off our young strikers good enough or ready to be thrown in. I spoke to a Dumbarton fan who say Smith was pretty poor for them. He doesn't look ready to me to start in an SPL game. Of course we have the enigma that is Casagolda and McHugh is out for 6wks. A signing till the end of the season to supplement our strikers was a must in my opinion and didn't materialise.

Spot on.

Sutton: limited and not suited to playing as a lone striker.

Murphy: not an out and out striker

Casagolda: untried.

McHugh: inexperienced, the jury is still out, and he's out for up to 6 weeks.

Smith: young and inexperienced.

That doesn't fill me with confidence.

A quick note on an 'out'.

From my watching of the Aberdeen game today, it looks like the Nick Blackman we got post the St Johnstone game is what Aberdeen are getting, makes me wonder if after his initial purple patch, he is nothing more than an average to poor SPL striker.

A quick note on an 'out'.

From my watching of the Aberdeen game today, it looks like the Nick Blackman we got post the St Johnstone game is what Aberdeen are getting, makes me wonder if after his initial purple patch, he is nothing more than an average to poor SPL striker.

Fingers crossed :lol:

The 3rd one was clarky.

firmly believe in Mccall and sympathise with him as some of the guys he had earmarked were top players.

have every faith he will do well in the summer, and hope to see plenty of youngsters coming through from now until the end of the season.

One of the things that everyone loved about gannon was he gave youth a chance, mccall will albeit slightly forced to, no doubt do the same which I think is a good thing for the long term progress of the club and in attracting young players in the future

Interesting section from McCall's interview on the offcial site;

“We have the opportunity to get people in from Scottish clubs and free agents. We are still searching and I would be hopeful of bringing in one or two people before the end of the season. I’ve had a couple of names thrown at me, but I know of three or four other SPL clubs who are getting the same names put to them.

“I’d like to think a couple of young kids will come through and make their mark like they have done over the years here.

“The fans, like me, we haven`t seen enough of Casagolda. But he’s a good kid; I’ve looked at his clips when he has played and he scored a couple of goals in a bounce game last week. He is raring to go and I’m sure he will get his chance soon.

For me a striker would have been nice. However its not the end of the world we didn't get one. We can argue that getting top six would get us more money - it obviously would but if we save the money now and blood Pollock, MrHugh, Meechan, Page et al for a few games just one or two at a time and see if they are ready one or two of them could prove to be and that could save us those top six monies in the summer. And if we make the top six its a double bonus.

For me a striker would have been nice. However its not the end of the world we didn't get one. We can argue that getting top six would get us more money - it obviously would but if we save the money now and blood Pollock, MrHugh, Meechan, Page et al for a few games just one or two at a time and see if they are ready one or two of them could prove to be and that could save us those top six monies in the summer. And if we make the top six its a double bonus.

I didn't like that post - far, far to much sense in it for me to moan about people.

The reaction of some on this thread really surprises me. McCall`s, this and McCall`s that, for feck sake gie the guy a chance. He didnae sign a striker, but it wasn`t for the lack of trying in the window. As a club do we really see ourselves fighting for 3rd or 4th place every year....(my opinion NO!). Some years we will and others we will not.

Last year we signed 9 lads from the 19`s and hopefully we can bring about 6 of these lads into the team NEXT year, but as for this year, we had a semi in the cup and if everything goes right we could be going back for another in the next couple of months (hopefully the final as well), we are not fighting relegation and if the results go for us we are still in with a chance of getting 4th. As for the squad at the moment, why all the negativity.

As for Smith being shite, the boy never got a real chance with playing time at Dumbarton, only on for 10-15 here and there. we also have recall options on the rest of the lads that are out on loan...Innes and Lawless are flying at Albion Rovers (these 2 lads seem to be forgotten about on here!!) and if they stay there till their loans expire then they have a great chance of winning the league, but i know they have impressed McCall, also Dario Quinn is playing really well for Linlithgow Rose, so if we need a striker, midfielder or defender(which i think we have cover) then any of these lads can be recalled.

Out of the 9 boys we signed last year, i know of at least 5 have been approached by other teams that have tried to ghost them away from Fir Park, but all refused. We have real talent amonst these lads and their hearts are set on playing for the well, and when they all break through (hopefully soon) we will have a really good team of youngsters who have all played together with each other for 3-4 yrs.

So as for all the doom and gloom merchants...get real at least give our new management team some vocal support. If we are fighting relegation at this time next year, then yes we can start shouting for heads to roll.

Mon The Well.

The reaction of some on this thread really surprises me. McCall`s, this and McCall`s that, for feck sake gie the guy a chance. He didnae sign a striker, but it wasn`t for the lack of trying in the window. As a club do we really see ourselves fighting for 3rd or 4th place every year....(my opinion NO!). Some years we will and others we will not.

Last year we signed 9 lads from the 19`s and hopefully we can bring about 6 of these lads into the team NEXT year, but as for this year, we had a semi in the cup and if everything goes right we could be going back for another in the next couple of months (hopefully the final as well), we are not fighting relegation and if the results go for us we are still in with a chance of getting 4th. As for the squad at the moment, why all the negativity.

As for Smith being shite, the boy never got a real chance with playing time at Dumbarton, only on for 10-15 here and there. we also have recall options on the rest of the lads that are out on loan...Innes and Lawless are flying at Albion Rovers (these 2 lads seem to be forgotten about on here!!) and if they stay there till their loans expire then they have a great chance of winning the league, but i know they have impressed McCall, also Dario Quinn is playing really well for Linlithgow Rose, so if we need a striker, midfielder or defender(which i think we have cover) then any of these lads can be recalled.

Out of the 9 boys we signed last year, i know of at least 5 have been approached by other teams that have tried to ghost them away from Fir Park, but all refused. We have real talent amonst these lads and their hearts are set on playing for the well, and when they all break through (hopefully soon) we will have a really good team of youngsters who have all played together with each other for 3-4 yrs.

So as for all the doom and gloom merchants...get real at least give our new management team some vocal support. If we are fighting relegation at this time next year, then yes we can start shouting for heads to roll.

Mon The Well.

+ 1 Great post mate lets give the manager time to put his stamp on the team

Mon The Well.

Thanks mate, I knew we had a good few young uns coming through but didn't know how committed they were to staying and playing. I would have given everything up to run out just once in the claret and amber and its pleasing to know that there are those coming through just as committed to the future of the club.

Interesting to note the most prolific teams as far as bringing in new players this season are Celtic, St Mirren, and Accies. Accies have brought in a staggering 17 players throughout this campaign.

Least active have been Dundee United with four.

The most players brought in by one club in January was Killie with 6.

No idea on the stats for players leaving. That will no doubt have some bearing.

Good post wee g and some good points made .

No probs, you know where i`m coming from mt :lol:

+ 1 Great post mate lets give the manager time to put his stamp on the team

Totally agree with you mt.

Thanks mate, I knew we had a good few young uns coming through but didn't know how committed they were to staying and playing. I would have given everything up to run out just once in the claret and amber and its pleasing to know that there are those coming through just as committed to the future of the club.

Your welcome mate. Most of the boys that have been signed support other teams, but "the well" are still in their hearts. One of the boys that signed has been at the club over 9yrs and is the second longest player after Murphy(i think Murph has been 10).