Ins & Outs

LadywellToi

See at the end of the day it's fuck all to do with any of you. If Granpa decides he's going wi' Fraser as first choice then no amount of weeping and wailing will change that. If he's as bad as some of youse make out he'll not last beyond the Euro campaign cos Granpa knows more about fitba' than any of you have completed Champ Man games.

I don't think anyone is having a go at Brown, to be fair. I'm quite sure he is aware that Fraser is pish. Unfortunately, Mutley put him on an inflated contract so it will be almost impossible to get rid of him before that contract is up.

I don't think anyone is having a go at Brown, to be fair. I'm quite sure he is aware that Fraser is pish. Unfortunately, Mutley put him on an inflated contract so it will be almost impossible to get rid of him before that contract is up.

Thing is though I reckon Brown doesn't think he's as pish as some of the folk on here are making out (if he thinks he's pish at all)

The fact that so many are lining up to have a go at the guy before we've even thought about pulling a squad together for next season is poor.

here's a novel suggestion - see if we end up with him as the main keeper after all the close season wheeling and dealing is over - could we maybe just accept our lot and give the guy as much encouragement as we possibly can?

We need to remember - at this point in time we've generated hee-haw cash in the close season (early days mind you) - but as yet any cash for Reynolds has yet to materialise. - Last seasons gates were down - a reduced number of fixtures and i imagine the economy and match prices will have a minor dunt on ST renewals

Last season we had the Porter money had tided us over in the second half of the season, the McGhee compo, Quinn money, Clarky money.

Sorry for being offensive..........oh hang on a minute, I'm not.

Comparing Michael Fraser to a derogatory term for someone who has Down's Syndrome is offensive.

Go to Fir Park when training resumes, go up to Michael Fraser, call him a "mongo" to his face and see if he is offended.

Comparing Michael Fraser to a derogatory term for someone who has Down's Syndrome is offensive.

Go to Fir Park when training resumes, go up to Michael Fraser, call him a "mongo" to his face and see if he is offended.

OK petal, I'll stop using that word if it stops you being such a big lassie.

See at the end of the day it's fuck all to do with any of you. If Granpa decides he's going wi' Fraser as first choice then no amount of weeping and wailing will change that. If he's as bad as some of youse make out he'll not last beyond the Euro campaign cos Granpa knows more about fitba' than any of you have completed Champ Man games.

Correct, of course he knows far more about fitba' than any of us on here, and yes of course I hope that Fraser plays amazingly well if he's tasked with being the Club No.1. But I dont think Fraser has got what it takes as some of his performances last season were nothing short of woeful and I am pretty certain that Shagger Broon will think the same.

btw im sure i seen something about Everton wanting to loan ruddy out again for another season in the SPL as its likely he wont get a game yet due to being 3rd choice? or maybe 4th. They said he had impressed this season but it was unlikely he could secure the number 1 spot this season, and Everton would rather have him playing!

Thing is though I reckon Brown doesn't think he's as pish as some of the folk on here are making out (if he thinks he's pish at all)

The fact that so many are lining up to have a go at the guy before we've even thought about pulling a squad together for next season is poor.

here's a novel suggestion - see if we end up with him as the main keeper after all the close season wheeling and dealing is over - could we maybe just accept our lot and give the guy as much encouragement as we possibly can?

We need to remember - at this point in time we've generated hee-haw cash in the close season (early days mind you) - but as yet any cash for Reynolds has yet to materialise. - Last seasons gates were down - a reduced number of fixtures and i imagine the economy and match prices will have a minor dunt on ST renewals

Last season we had the Porter money had tided us over in the second half of the season, the McGhee compo, Quinn money, Clarky money.

Steve, I understand the point you're making and I generally think you talk a bit of sense, but

you're edging a wee bit too close to the old Happy Clappy Club for my liking. The whole point of a close-season "Ins & Outs" thread is to discuss what areas of the team need strengthened for next term. It looks like we're losing our goalie, who was an influential part of our team last season, and the reserve goalie has always looked shaky when he's had to deputise, so it's only natural that folk would raise concerns. And this is exactly the place to do it.

If it gets to the stage that Fraser is being booed onto the park like Woods, Adams, Corrigan, etc had to put up with then we can start the 'holier than thou' patter, but until then I think we're all entitled to raise our legitimate concerns about the team.

Found it! from Everton site!

EVERTON goalkeeping guru Chris Woods last night opened the door for SPL clubs to make their pitch for John Ruddy on another season-long loan.

The 23-year-old Englishman had a sensational year in goal with Motherwell and his 16 cleansheets helped steer Craig Brown's men into Europe.

Woods has given a glowing report to boss Davie Moyes on his form.

But despite seeing him as a potential first pick for the Goodison side, the ex-Rangers shot-stopper admits Ruddy would be better off getting more games under his belt next term.

Ruddy will be vying for American Tim Howard's shirt alongside new Slovakian signing Jan Mucha and former Scotland Under-21 star Iain Turner.

Woods said: "John needs to keep playing and if he stays with us, he wouldn't be playing the same level of games as he could be if he went on loan.

"I've watched John play for Motherwell a couple of times. We've had great reports and in the games I've seen, he has done really well.

"It has been a great experience for him. He needed to play matches and he enjoyed it.

"He'll come back to us for the summer and we think highly of him but until he's ready we'll keep getting him games.

"He has a chance of pushing to be the Everton No.1. But I could see him coming back to play in the SPL."

Woods was in Largs last week as a guest coach on the SFA's goalkeeping course.

He's happy to confess Scotland's stock in the nets is every bit as high as England's.

And in Craig Gordon he reckons we have one of the best keepers in the Premiership.

He said: "Over the last three months Craig has come on and is playing at the top of his game. That's a big plus for Scotland."

Perhaps the Airdrie 'keeper is just Kosiorowski's replacement for 3rd keeper, on a minimal wage.

Afterall we saw at Tynecastle, when Fraser in goals, we had a kid on the bench, that would most likely be completely out his depth if thrown in if Fraser was injured/sent off. Still need that 3rd keeper in occasions like this.

So, no where to suggest that Fraser #1 and Hollis #2, they could easily still be #2 and #3 respectively.

If it gets to the stage that Fraser is being booed onto the park like Woods, Adams, Corrigan, etc had to put up with then we can start the 'holier than thou' patter, but until then I think we're all entitled to raise our legitimate concerns about the team.

I think you can take it as read that is exactly what will happen. Folk will take their lead from these discussions, it happens, and transfer that to matchdays. You know as well as I do, no matter how well Fraser plays or few mistakes he makes he is not going to be accepted by large swathes of our support now.

Everything that can be said about Fraser and Ruddy has now been said so it's about time we shut the fuck up about it and see how things pan out. Continually panning Fraser does nothing bar maybe confirm doubts in the minds of some fans who may not quite have come down on the negative side yet.

And do me a favour, don't get the happy clappy hammer out eh the cupboard for anyone who disnae think along the same lines. It seems opinions are only allowed when it suits some folk.

That's a lot of pish. If he'd came on and said he thought Fraser was a good 'keeper then I'd have respectfully disagreed, but it was Mr Diggle who had a pop at folk for their opinions, not anyone else. And it's a wild (and inaccurate) assumption to think that people will shout at the fitba the same as what they post on here. While the game is on, that's the time for encouragement and most shouts are reactionary. Forums are the place to discuss the team in a reasonable manner when the dust has settled. End of story.

Speaking to one of the Queens Park players today and he reckons that Barry Douglas has all but signed with Watford. Of course he can only go on what Barry has said to him and I can only go on what he has said to me, but looks like we may have missed out on that one.

That's a lot of pish. If he'd came on and said he thought Fraser was a good 'keeper then I'd have respectfully disagreed, but it was Mr Diggle who had a pop at folk for their opinions, not anyone else. And it's a wild (and inaccurate) assumption to think that people will shout at the fitba the same as what they post on here. While the game is on, that's the time for encouragement and most shouts are reactionary. Forums are the place to discuss the team in a reasonable manner when the dust has settled. End of story.

that's quite frankly fuckin astounding!

See this holier than thou happy clapper pish - it really gets ma goat.

I find it amazing that you can rearrange my post into some sort of 'attack' on reasonable postings while quite blatantly omitting to comment on some of the outrageous comments about one of the clubs employees who as far as i have seen has given 100% so far - albeit some of his play has been criticised roundly.

As fatcalf quite rightly points out the boundaries have been set - and Fraser will be roundly abused from now on in and the ghoulfest on here will have played it's part. No more needs be said about it.

Funny how I'm all happy clappy on here defending employees (players) on this thread

Yet I'm being club basher / moaning for the sake of it - for a couple of minor moans at the admin side of the club on the season ticket thread.

It's amazing that I'm both and I think I'm merely stating my opinion in response to others (that's the way it goes isn't it?)

Having a pop? Fuck sake man - read the whole thread!

Fatcalf's post is 100% spot on btw

that's quite frankly fuckin astounding!

See this holier than thou happy clapper pish - it really gets ma goat.

I find it amazing that you can rearrange my post into some sort of 'attack' on reasonable postings while quite blatantly omitting to comment on some of the outrageous comments about one of the clubs employees who as far as i have seen has given 100% so far - albeit some of his play has been criticised roundly.

As fatcalf quite rightly points out the boundaries have been set - and Fraser will be roundly abused from now on in and the ghoulfest on here will have played it's part. No more needs be said about it.

Funny how I'm all happy clappy on here defending employees (players) on this thread

Yet I'm being club basher / moaning for the sake of it - for a couple of minor moans at the admin side of the club on the season ticket thread.

It's amazing that I'm both and I think I'm merely stating my opinion in response to others (that's the way it goes isn't it?)

Having a pop? Fuck sake man - read the whole thread!

Fatcalf's post is 100% spot on btw

No need to get your knickers in a twist about it. I think fatcalf was talking pish, so I said that. The difference is, I've accepted that he's quite entitled to talk pish - Christ, he's even allowed to publish pish, but I took exception to the bit where you took criticising Fraser on a forum to mean that everyone was going to turn up and berate him if he plays on a saturday. I'm just pointing out that - at least as far as I'm concerned - that's not necessarily the case.

I can understand the argument that says we should all shout and sing to support and encourage the players, but if the same thing applied to the forums then they would get pretty dull pretty quickly.

That's as far as it goes from me - and I agree with you about the 'holier than thou' shite that happens on here, but that's what I thought you were putting across in your post. I'm certainly not guilty of that.

No need to get your knickers in a twist about it. I think fatcalf was talking pish, so I said that. The difference is, I've accepted that he's quite entitled to talk pish - Christ, he's even allowed to publish pish, but I took exception to the bit where you took criticising Fraser on a forum to mean that everyone was going to turn up and berate him if he plays on a saturday. I'm just pointing out that - at least as far as I'm concerned - that's not necessarily the case.

I can understand the argument that says we should all shout and sing to support and encourage the players, but if the same thing applied to the forums then they would get pretty dull pretty quickly.

That's as far as it goes from me - and I agree with you about the 'holier than thou' shite that happens on here, but that's what I thought you were putting across in your post. I'm certainly not guilty of that.

Apology accepted :P

Iain Turner - now if we were to sign any keeper from Everton it's him. There is a reason why Ruddy has not been anywhere near Everton, and has been the keeper constantly on loan at other clubs. Turner is quality - and shocked he hasn't moved to battle it with Gordon and McGregor/Alexander for the Scotland shirt.

If people were creaming themselves over Ruddy - this place will not be a sight to see with the gushing over Turner.