Kenny Connolly

Inverhunt

A good wee piece written on Kennys time with the club on the official site he seems a sensible lad, an another who has done everything asked of him in his time on board.

Sad that it wasn't to be and best wishes for the future.

hopefully he'll get a club and the first team chances.

Kenny is a top, top lad - one of the nicest guys you'll meet and I hope for his sake he finds a new club asap!

There's reported to be some interest in him from Div 1 clubs so fingers crossed he gets something soon.

All the best mate

'Flow

Some of these young guys should come across to Italy and try playing in Serie C1/2. Its a similar standard to the SPL/D1 but they could learn so much more about the game, as well as experiencing life in a different country and having a different style of football on their CV. Wages are pretty similar to D1 as well and most of the clubs are full time pros as well. Just a thought

Anyway all the best to the lad!

Unfortunately, Scottish footballers these days seem to get homesick if they move as far south as Lancashire. It's called "Ferguson/Maloney Syndrome".

That attitude sickens me though, it really does. I moved away from my family and friends when I had just turned 18 becuase I knew it would benefit my career long term. In my opinion, and I dont know if you or Haggis would agree Weeyin, moving abroad makes you look at life a little differently and I honestly believe it can make you a more rounded individual, which particularly for guys playing with the Old Firm, is something that they could be doing with!

That attitude sickens me though, it really does. I moved away from my family and friends when I had just turned 18 becuase I knew it would benefit my career long term. In my opinion, and I dont know if you or Haggis would agree Weeyin, moving abroad makes you look at life a little differently and I honestly believe it can make you a more rounded individual, which particularly for guys playing with the Old Firm, is something that they could be doing with!

I'm outta here for a year as soon as i finish uni. If i find somewhere i like enough to stay in then i'll be upping sticks.

Totally agree. Even my first move down to the south west of England was beneficial, and it does give you an entirely different perspective on life and, I think, makes you a lot more open to other people's culture and ideas.

If Connolly had the chance to play overseas, I'd tell him to jump at the chance. Either way, good luck to the guy.