Chris Porter

WilliePettigrew

I think Porter is still injured. Has a bad hip problem.

Correct. Seems very unlikely he will be coming on loan to us

Latest news

Chris Porter has had an injection in his hip and will miss Derby`s opening pre-season friendlies. The 26-year-old will not be involved when the Rams begin their preparations at Burton on Saturday and will remain absent for the trip to Southend on Monday.

He is expected to resume training on Monday with a view to facing Bournemouth at Dean Court two days later.

No thanks. As great as he was when he was here, it seems that we saw the best of his career injurywise when he was here. Oldham fans said he was great but never 100%, and he's struggled with injury since going to Derby. I'd rather remember his performances from when he was.with us before. The cup game against Hearts is just one of a few great memories.

Thanks, big man but no...

Would fuckin love a fit Chris Porter back at FP banging in the goals, but I ahgree completely with Melvin. He's the type of player who has to be playing regularly week in week out to keep his fitness, get stronger and stop getting injured which hasnt been happening at Derby.

There is also the fact that it seems pointless to me bringing him in til a winger or creative player is found. Sutton, Porter, doesn't matter who your strikers are unless you have someone that will get the ball to them...

Right now I would rather have Sutton. The big man is brilliant.

I agree with you 100% on that one. Thing you have to remember is that John Sutton seems to spend a lot of time playing left midfield since Craig Brown arrived. Don't ask me why, because I figure that Murphy has more of the "tools" to play there. I think we should be looking for someone who can play centre forward with John Sutton and compliment his style, maybe look for Jamie Murphy to fill the wide area/creative slot. So I don't reckon that a striker in the mould of Porter is what we should be looking at. Someone in the mould of a Clarkson who can run all day and can feed off the headers that Sutton wins...

Difference being that McFadden and Pearson actually feature for their clubs (have heard Pearson mentioned before when he was out of favour elsewhere, never McFadden), Porter has had problems establishing himself at Derby mainly due to injury.

For what it's worth, I agree, probably a load of rubbish, but I can see the logic in the rumour. Brown has contacts at Derby, Porter knows Motherwell, needs a run of games, Motherwell need a striker. Of course, this is a case of 2+2+2=3167, but it's not the most ridiculous suggestion I've heard this summer. The Alan McCormack one is always a belter...

Never that keen on taking strikers on loan for first half of season anyway. If they're any good and bang in a few goals, you're waving them off home again in January just as the most important part of the season is approaching, usually to be replaced by somebody who presumably wasn't quite as good in the first place.