Craig Brown Says No Money Left For New Players

Welldel

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

teams like Aberdeen have signed a lot more than Us! could be argued Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs + Utd are stronger so we wont be in top 6.

Going through an entire season with Sutton left wing,Murphy target man, NO creative players + 2 19 year old players as back up is both pure shite + unfair on the young guys

teams like Aberdeen have signed a lot more than Us! could be argued Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs + Utd are stronger so we wont be in top 6.

Hearts? Who have they added, Hibs? Been getting scudded recently in pre-season and Europe.

Aberdeen? An ageing Hartley and an English journeyman, they have also been roundly pumped all pre-season and newspaper reports prophecising their doom.

hearts have signed Kyle,not the messiah but will get them a fair few goals, pre season means fuck all, hibs have the same team as last year with 1 or 2 new good additions,Utd the same, Hearts have lost a couple but have added a striker,something they would have killed for last year + Aberdeen have lost a few,mainly dodgy (mulgrew) and replaced with some journeymen + 1 or 2 with real pedigree,

We have lost 7, signed 3 (1 of which will play any actual football) and from last years squad weve lost 16 goals + at least as many assists with Lukas,JOB + Coke alone, we have a 25 man 1st team squad,14 of which are 21 or under + take away Saunders,Forbes + Murphy,the other 11 have less than 15 SPL appearances between them. We have no left winger,no main striker and no creativity,but its all good,we have 3 keepers!!

Another pre-season panic thread.

If I was a manager, even if I had money to spend, I wouldn't be telling anyone - especially Real Radio. The bigger the budget you say you have, the more a prospective player/agent is going to look for.

Let's just wait and see who is in the squad when the transfer window closes before we reach for the Valium.

Exactly,Id take it with a pinch of salt, infact if anyone at Real Radio told me the Sky was blue it double check! However with everything else going on + all his other recent interviews,I am genuinely worried it is true,n if it is,its a fucking joke

If I was a manager, even if I had money to spend, I wouldn't be telling anyone - especially Real Radio. The bigger the budget you say you have, the more a prospective player/agent is going to look for.

Let's just wait and see who is in the squad when the transfer window closes before we reach for the Valium.

Have to agree with that weeyin.

I have always thought since the Euro games started that most if not all of our signings would be close to the deadline.

No panic here mate, just reporting what was said on twitter.

I assume from the fact that we have trialists at the club, we must be intending to sign atleast a couple more players before the season starts.

Craig brown has 3 players lined up waiting to sign, should we progress past Alesund and receive the 100,000 euro prize money.

Hope you're right buddy!!

The comparison with aberdeen isn't really fair because with the exception of hartley who'll do okay, the rest will be shite.

Hearts got a crocked kyle and nothing else of note.

Hibs bought a tall dutch kevin mcbride and a right back who is crocked and still no centre halfs.

I'm happy enough.

on't forget Hearts also signed Darren Barr who is a decent player, however, I think you're all forgetting that Cowdenbeath are in the SPL!!!

Exactly.

Not to mention Kilmarnock are up shit creek without a paddle and require a total re-build. Accies have lost a few players, and not replaced them with much. But then again every year a thread like this opens up.

Come the end of the season we'll either be in the top six, or a lot closer to the top six than relegation - and that's with the squad we have.