Humphrey For Scotland ?

well-army

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd say because he ranges from very good to poor and has only been on a 'hot streak' with us for a HANDFUL of games. That does not warrant a call up to International level. IF he improves and keeps it up for the entire season then yes, give him a chance then.

Well I'd say because he ranges from very good to poor and has only been on a 'hot streak' with us for a HANDFUL of games. That does not warrant a call up to International level. IF he improves and keeps it up for the entire season then yes, give him a chance then.

Do you know what, if it was based on the season so far, he is worth a punt, not seen anything from the national team to suggest he would have to wait untill next season for a chance.

Is he ready for Scotland? yes he is again based on Scotland so far this season. We have nothing to lose on that front, if it dosent work ah well but if it does, the coin will follow at the end of his contract next season. No other wingers are performing so far this season, if nothing else a place on that shite bench we have. Scotland at present are predictable, defensive, and heartless.(My opinion) of course. And for the record i think he has set up Kilmarnock goal, two at Hearts,scored himself and i am sure he played a part in most of the goals we have scored, and maybe some we have conceded.

So ruin a player's confidence by throwing him in at a level he certainly isn't ready for at the moment rather than wait to see if he is progressing and showing improvement? He is still young. He is no where near a 'credible' international footballing side at the moment. It was only a couple of weeks ago he looked very average against Brechin yet it would now be a good idea to throw him in against the likes of Spain after good games against an average Hearts team and a St Mirren side packed to the gunnels with 2nd Division players?

Or do we only play him against 'diddy' teams because they just don't exist for us at the moment/any more.

Finlay, i understand what your saying but,like i said based on the NOW, he cant do any worse than what we have out there, he is worth the chance, you put better players around him and he will shine. You put any of the Scotland players in front of Spain right now and the outcome is a forgone conclusion, with or without Humphrey. Get my point. Be honest Finlay are Scotland a (Credible International Team) ?

Any stato know how many goals he has setup for us this season so far?

From memory I am thinking about 5, but can't be sure.

murphy in norway.

murphy at home against aalesund.

blackman at killie.

blackman at hearts

sutton at hearts.

he's had a great start to the season but guys like maloney, mccormack and commons are well ahead of him. i'd much rather see bannan, murphy or maguire get a chance as well.

Well I'd say because he ranges from very good to poor and has only been on a 'hot streak' with us for a HANDFUL of games. That does not warrant a call up to International level.

I don't know, that's usually how you get capped if you sign for one of the Old Firm!! Certainly worked like that for that boy Danny Fox (who has mysteriously disappeared of the International radar since leaving Celtic)

For me this is a total non starter and I can't believe it's even being talked about! Reynolds and Hammell are far more deserving. Infact it's an absolute travesty that eedjit Bardsley has been plucked from nowhere before them. From a Motherwell(ish) point of view O'Brien, Clarkson, McCormack are also much far up the pecking order before Humphrey.

he's had a great start to the season but guys like maloney, mccormack and commons are well ahead of him. i'd much rather see bannan, murphy or maguire get a chance as well.

Maloney - cant understand why dorrans who has mainly been making substitute apperances for West Brom and is playing nowhere near his best got a start in Prague ahead of Maloney who is in some of the best form of his career for Celtic at the moment.

U21's - all three mentioned looked quality last night and these are the sorts of players I personally would like to see getting a chance in the Scotland team. Most of the Iceland U21's are also playing at full international level and I don't think Scotland are miles ahead of Iceland at that level.

Humphrey - a good player for Motherwell, not yet any international class player. I know a cap would mean more money for Motherwell in the future but the SCOTTISH players above deserve to feature before him.

Humphrey is no where near the Scotland squad at the moment, but if his game continues to improve then you never know, but right now there are many players ahead of him.

Would like to see Murphey get a chance, but I think he will need to maintain his current form all season and maybe get 15 plus goals. An achievable goal I think, but if he does then the vultures will be swooping in the summer.

Clarkson and McCormack had great starts in England, but seem to have gone of the boil big time. Its a shame as both looked like they were on the verge of breaking into the International scene on a regular basis.

He changed his allegiance back the other month, when he went down to Barnsley. He is now eligble AFAIK to be included in any future Scotland selection if deemed suitable.

Fuck him then! I hate it when folk choose to play for Ireland when they are born and bred in Scotland. He's obviously only changing his mind cause he knows he's not good enough to get a game for Ireland. He says its cause he wants to work with Levin again, what a load of pish. Rant over.

we don't have another game for five months, i'm sure they'll be fit at some point.

if the humph really wants to play for scotland he can get started by ripping the hu.ns a new one on saturday.

If he does then proceed to get right into Rangers it'll raise his profile considerably. If not then no harm done. All because of a wee article about how he'd jump at teh chance to play for Scotland. Well done on the club for getting into the press on an international weekend. :angry:

Yet to be convinced the Hump's anywhere near ready for the Scotland full side now, but B international next month if they get it sorted?

That's perhaps a more realistic first step to test the water, if indeed Levein harbours any intentions of ever including him that is!