Astro Turf Pitches At Ravenscraig.

postiejim

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the club use or are they planning to use the new sports facility that was built on the Ravenscraig site , Ive passed by on the way to games and it looks good ,and with indoor and outdoor AstroTurf pitches it would be great during the winter months.

I think they would like to but it's not like they can just pitch up and take over. Negotiations are ongoing I believe.

Accies cannae see shite going by them but they want a lick, as my auld Nana would say.

I believe we are in talks now, Accies have jumped in quick, and Rangers are also reported to be negotiating. Let's face it, these kind of deals are what Ravenscraig is all about, those parks aren't aimed at Motherwell Fans Club using them, or boys clubs, not at the prices they're charging.

On slightly different issue i want to highlight a problem with the Ravenscraig Centre.... having been to the centre it appears to be all singing and dancing, looks the part and id even agree its exactly what the area has been needing however.....whats the problem you ask?.....well in my humble opinion its.....

I am and have been playing with a reasonably well known football team within the area for 8years and we are currently struggling to tie down long term training facitilies. Having used indoor facilities over the last few years we are of the opinion that it limits our methods of training. The only other similar facility to Ravenscraig which is has not got any long term bookings is Wishaw Sports Centre which we are currently struggling to get a regular booking slot at a reasonable time - we all know training at 10pm etc has problems on bodies attending.

Back to the problem....Ravanscraig are looking for £54.00 per hour for a third of the 3G/4G outdoor pitch. Although we would like to train twice a week even training once a week at this cost would be to much as we need to consider paying for a pitch on a saturday, strip washing, referee payment etc etc which all mounts up to a substantial cost weekly. We simply can not sustain this.

Even outwith an organised club is it really reasonable for 14 mates to get togther to play 7 aside and pay £3.85 each for 1 hours football?

So i ask you will these facitlies at Ravanscraig be used to their full capacity? I'm not to sure. That aside should our Local Authorities be whoring this facility as the next best thing and then asking for the community to pay a fortune to use? I dont think so.

We've all heard the issues raised about fat kids, xboxes, no longer seeing boys playing football in the street....the above is'nt helping sort this problem

Guys this is my opinion. I understand people will have theres........Open for debate if anyone else is interested. Cheers

On slightly different issue i want to highlight a problem with the Ravenscraig Centre.... having been to the centre it appears to be all singing and dancing, looks the part and id even agree its exactly what the area has been needing however.....whats the problem you ask?.....well in my humble opinion its.....

I am and have been playing with a reasonably well known football team within the area for 8years and we are currently struggling to tie down long term training facitilies. Having used indoor facilities over the last few years we are of the opinion that it limits our methods of training. The only other similar facility to Ravenscraig which is has not got any long term bookings is Wishaw Sports Centre which we are currently struggling to get a regular booking slot at a reasonable time - we all know training at 10pm etc has problems on bodies attending.

Back to the problem....Ravanscraig are looking for £54.00 per hour for a third of the 3G/4G outdoor pitch. Although we would like to train twice a week even training once a week at this cost would be to much as we need to consider paying for a pitch on a saturday, strip washing, referee payment etc etc which all mounts up to a substantial cost weekly. We simply can not sustain this.

Even outwith an organised club is it really reasonable for 14 mates to get togther to play 7 aside and pay £3.85 each for 1 hours football?

So i ask you will these facitlies at Ravanscraig be used to their full capacity? I'm not to sure. That aside should our Local Authorities be whoring this facility as the next best thing and then asking for the community to pay a fortune to use? I dont think so.

We've all heard the issues raised about fat kids, xboxes, no longer seeing boys playing football in the street....the above is'nt helping sort this problem

Guys this is my opinion. I understand people will have theres........Open for debate if anyone else is interested. Cheers

Agree in the main, but the bit I've highlighted, I don't think is unreasonable. Granted, it's been a LONG while since I played 5's regularly, but Pitz Hamilton we used to pay £3.50 each about 10 / 12 years ago if I recall correctly.

That is better than expected, anytime I played 5's at a non council run venue it is £5 or £5.50 per head. £4 a head for a game of 7's is twice what I pay for the old school astro at Palace grounds of an evening but that stuff is brutal. And for their indoor 7's park it works out dearer than Ravenscraig, one and only time I played there it was £75 or something for the hour, though it being over christmas period during the day we had pretty much as long as we wanted it.

Dropping the price a bit I reckon would be better but I'd probably pay it myself without feeling to ripped off givven it is a pretty quality facility. Played on it in the 24hr fitba tourament they had to open it with.

• 1 month later...
Accies have been using the indoor pitch this week

Noticed that on either the STV News or Sky Sports News last night.

Was interesting that one of them also had coverage of us in the South Stand and on the wee bit I caught of his radio programme last night Stephen Craigan remarking about indoor facilities being available to hire "if clubs will pay the money".

I cant believe that it's got to the stage that Craig Browns having to go to the press to complain about an indoor training facility in MOTHERWELL!!! When there's 10 feet of snow everywhere. SURELY we can get this rectified and how the feck did Accies get in there before us. We've known about this facility for yonks did NO discussions about prices,advertising,discounts,availability etc take place...? It's feckin UNBELIEVEABLE!! :whistling: .