Murphy, Humphrey & Reynolds - Out, Saunders In

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were reynolds or murphy, i'd reject a call up now its only a friendly. What a total disgrace! How can they possibly be overlooked?!? We're getting called the "third force" and have just slipped down to 4th just a point behind 3rd place and they are still not getting called up? WTF?

I hope scotland get pumped dramatically!

This is getting farcical now!

A point I was thinking about all this aswell was, what motivation does this give our players to play for Motherwell! They know now no matter how well they play they will never get a call up! This to me will just make more people look to leave our club to get international recognition! Even the most unbiased posters will surely be disappointed by all this!

I for one will not be watching this joke of a friendly! Disgrace!

Levein is never going to consider the likes of Reynolds, Murphy or Humphrey.

Why??? Because every team he has built or managed have been hatchet men. He has no interest in finess or flair and has built his career around big, strong players playing negative and boring formations.

The only thing that hasn't surprised me so far is the likes of Darren Dodds hasn't been called up! Watch this space if further injuries kick in.

A waste of space as a manager and how long before the Scottish supporters wake up and get rid of this clown.

Part of me would be quite pleased for Mark if he got the chance to work with Trapattoni and Tardelli, however it would still anger me tht he was chucking Scotland after coming through all our youth teams. Saying that, himself and Murphy would be aswell looking for other International options as long as Specs is manager because diddies like Kenneth and Kyle will always be before them. It would say something to all Scotland fans though if it happened, getting a call up for a better team by a World renowned coach.

Reynolds would have hee haw chance of getting in the Republic of Ireland team anytime soon, they have plenty of decent defenders to choose from already. He'd be well advised to keep doing what he's doing and hope Levein doesn't last very long.

A point I was thinking about all this aswell was, what motivation does this give our players to play for Motherwell! They know now no matter how well they play they will never get a call up!

If lack of Scotland call-ups is going to affect their motivation to play for Motherwell, I wouldn't want them around anyway. We pay their wages; if they're not giving 100% every week because they're annoyed with the Scotland manager, I'd rather they went and be annoyed somewhere else.

This is getting more ludicrous by the minute! No harm to Saunders as I think he is an excellent prospect and is better than Kenneth and Steven Chuckle, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the senior squad right now.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree with that. Without meaning any offence to the lad, he's coming along well and has bags of potential but he's not even an automatic pick for Motherwell, I'd say that Reynolds and Hammell should both be ahead of him in the queue.

Congrats to the wee man if true though, always good to see a Well player get the call. I just feel that the likes of Murphy and Reynolds have been knocking on the door for longer.

Folks,

Just waiting to get it 100% confirmed but it looks as though Steven Saunders has been promoted from the U21s to the senior squad!

Full confirmation to follow...

As what? A Striker? How else could he be in front of reynolds?

Crazy!

Reynolds is one of, if not, the first name on our squad sheet every week. Whereas Saunders has been in and out. Wheres the reasoning?

Edit: But Well Done to him anyway