Murphy, Humphrey & Reynolds - Out, Saunders In

Guest 'Flow

Monty Fucking Python!

First thing Levein will do is send him to the chippy with £150 and ask him to eat as much as he can, then when he comes back to training he'll tell him to study Gary Fucking Kenneth "Watch and Learn Chicken Legs, Watch & Learn"

Good on him (at least he's got the height for Levein)

But my fuck, has that speccy jambo twat no made one arse of this squad?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% confirmed on Saunders - I have just spoken to him and he's in the training camp in Aberdeen.

However, I believe (as I've just taken calls from a few journos) that he is not on the revised squad list the SFA have handed out at their media conference which has just taken place.

Confused? Can only assume that they have accidentally missed him off the squad sheet...

But, he's definitely in Aberdeen and in the squad!

However, I believe (as I've just taken calls from a few journos) that he is not on the revised squad list the SFA have handed out at their media conference which has just taken place.

Confused? Can only assume that they have accidentally missed him off the squad sheet...

Farce. Never thought I would say this about a Scottish manager, but it appears Levein couldn't even organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Saunders gets Scotland call

Defender promoted to senior squad

saundersscotlandsmallintenral.jpgMotherwell Football Club are today delighted to confirm talented young star Steven Saunders has been promoted to the Scotland International squad.

Saunders, 19, was set to be involved in the Scotland U21 as Billy Stark’s men take on Northern Ireland at Firhill.

But a series of withdrawals has left Craig Levein short and the defender will join Paul Caddis and Murray Davidson as late call-ups.

More to follow...

I presume that Levein and Stark dont talk, as you would assume he would promote Murphy ahead of Goodwillie, given he's a first pick for the u21's. Murphy has been on fire recently, and is improving week on week, and is probably our most important player.

As for Saunders, he's good in the air and tall! Levein e-fit there!! Reynolds has pace and is versatile, which is something Scotland does not have at the back. It seems madness not to even bring him into the squad. I would hope that a journalist with Motherwell tendances would ask Levein to justify his picks.

As for the game it's self, why bother watching it? We know he's going to play safety first football, and hope that we knick a 1 nil. Levein by picking brutes over finesse/technique and ability will put us further back in the game. He aint in it to develop our game or for the long term. It's all about his CV of not losing.

I would personally have murphy in ahead of that wee prick Goodwillie but he is a good player. He's scored more than murphy this season (only in the league though) and is on a bit of a streak. Plus its obvious who speckie's gonna chose. Doesn't make it alright mind you.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

Safe to say i am shocked by this but very very happy at this news. Wonder why he has been picked over Reynolds? Surely Mark deserves it more?

However, taking nothing away from Steven, im sure I speak on behalf of every Motherwell fan when I say a big congratulations and i hope you do yourself, and your club proud!

Well done, Mon The 'Well!

Another pretty strange decision from the Scotland Gaffer, congrats to the young lad for the call, but surely Murphy was worth a punt, and to say last week Humphrey only just missed out on a call up, then 9 drop out and he still has not called him up, could not of been that close then... Humphrey would make mince meat of the Part timers... if your excluding the top two teams in the SPL, and it was based on who is in form, you have to put Murphy, Humphrey, and Reynolds in line for a call up, issues relating to Humphrey illegability might of held him up, but what excuse for Murphy and Reynolds?

Gutted.

Doesn't make it alright

I think a direct quote from a Specials song; later covered by SLF, so this is cool as I think inadvertent.....

Back on topic-

Although Andy P's stats don't agree, Reynolds has been outstanding for our club since he got his first cap. His disciplinary record for an SPL centre-back has been first class; and I know he got booked by a wank at the w/end.

Always been a fan of Reynolds, though don't understand why he hasn't featured more at left-back? I respect Gannon trying him in the holding MF role; the guy is left-footed, FFS! Just 11% of Europeans are left-footed!

We're commenting that Scotland has problem left back position and we have problem left mid position. Why not move Reynolds to LB and Hammell into midfield? (Many comments that he is better going forward than at back. Look at Gareth Bale whom I think is still listed as a Left Back in the comps in the papers)....

(Qualifier- 1230 my time; might be pish; might be typos....)

SD

Reynolds maybe.

But Hammell in the Scotland squad - he isn't good enough, lets be honest. He would get ripped apart at international level.

Granted the Faroes are not exactly top of the class of international football, but Hammell isn't the the present or future for Scotland. Reynolds may have a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brown asked Levein not to choose Murphy or Reynolds so they can rest. It has been a very busy time for them lately.

That said, it is also in Brown's best interests to get international caps for these players to try and increase their transfer value.

So who knows?

I think a direct quote from a Specials song; later covered by SLF, so this is cool as I think inadvertent.....

Back on topic-

Although Andy P's stats don't agree, Reynolds has been outstanding for our club since he got his first cap. His disciplinary record for an SPL centre-back has been first class; and I know he got booked by a wank at the w/end.

Always been a fan of Reynolds, though don't understand why he hasn't featured more at left-back? I respect Gannon trying him in the holding MF role; the guy is left-footed, FFS! Just 11% of Europeans are left-footed!

We're commenting that Scotland has problem left back position and we have problem left mid position. Why not move Reynolds to LB and Hammell into midfield? (Many comments that he is better going forward than at back. Look at Gareth Bale whom I think is still listed as a Left Back in the comps in the papers)....

(Qualifier- 1230 my time; might be pish; might be typos....)

SD

This post is nonsense. Mark Reynolds doesn't play left back or left wing or centre midfield because he has a limited range of passing and has very poor delivery. Stephen Craigan takes all the free kicks in the back four, that should tell you enough.

Our left footed players are afraid of the touch line. (Stevie Hammell excepted) Fitzpatrick and Forbes are much better centre mids (much better being a very relative term) than they are wide players. John Sutton and Nick Blackman occasionally play left mid (Sutton tries his best but is sometimes like a man down, Blackman likewise) We haven't had a natural left wing since Simon Lappin and have persevered with "forwards" playing on the left almost exclusively since Pearson left.

Stevie Hammell is a better defender than anyone gives him credit for and since his return to Fir Park he hasn't had the freedom to attack with no cover in front to fill in if he goes on the attack. Hammell isn't a natural attacker any way and makes only one or two forays forward in a game.

On the Saunders call up. Good for him but I would rather he played for the under 21s since he would definitely get a game and probably take a leadership role in that squad which now contains few experienced players. The Faroes game will be like the under 21 games with him sitting on the bench and watching Paul Caddis play 90 minutes.

Saunders can play Full Back, maybe that's what Levein needs. Albeit a right back, when we have no left backs there :nod:

Reynolds and Hammell are both better defenders - not near Scotland class imo, but worthy of a call up more than some of the other duffers that have been included.

Sportsound just now, the penny finally drops with Gordon Smith at least- "Mark Reynolds is a better player than Gary Kenneth."

This other fanny is suggesting Wilson should start under the basis that we should play the best 11 players in the country at the moment. :nod:

Also, Derek Riordan? Clinical forward getting dropped for Kevin Kyle. WHY?