Blackman, Gow and Fitzpatrick

postiejim

Not sure of the quality they have but if McCoist steps up to take his place I'm sure he would be more than helpful. Would rather McCall still has some good ties/pals at Everton right enough.

When McCall turns into the managerial legend we all hope, with his Rangers history its not Aberdeen we are going to have to worry about when McCoist fucks up in the next few years!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone told me (can't remember who) that he heard Walter Smith state that he would help McCall any way he could in his new managerial role. Would rather any loan deals came from England but could see one or two coming from Ibrox in the next year or so.

Is that the same as Judas saying his old pal fergie will help him with young players on loan from Man Utd @ the sheep ?

Old fecker never mentioned that when he was with us

ABERDEEN hope to hear today if they have won the race to sign Nick Blackman on loan from Blackburn. Motherwell and Hibs also want the player on loan. (various)

DONS boss Craig Brown is also in the market for striker Alan Gow who will leave Motherwell next week when his short-term deal expires and Blackburn winger Alan Judge who he hopes to sign on loan. (Daily Express)

EX-MOTHERWELL boss Jim Gannon has beaten another former Fir Park manager, Mark McGhee, to the Port Vale job. (various)

Is that the same as Judas saying his old pal fergie will help him with young players on loan from Man Utd @ the sheep ?

Old fecker never mentioned that when he was with us

Probably because Fergie would be more inclined to loan young players to Aberdeen than to Motherwell, I'd have thought.

Sad thing is that Broon has been put in charge of a club that had some decent young players on the verge of breaking through.

Ah yes they will have to go some to fill the boots of great youngsters like Darren Mackie, Zander Diamond, Chris Clark, the Young brothers.....

Just like Hibs ..... Aberdeen + young player = great young player.

Not getting at you Lobey - this is a perpetual media myth.

McCall was on STV Sports Centre tonight and said that Blackman had went back down south to talk about a new contract at Blackburn if if he's to come back up he has promised that it would to Motherwell and not Aberdeen

Now where have we heard that before :whistling:

Probably because Fergie would be more inclined to loan young players to Aberdeen than to Motherwell, I'd have thought.

Or because Craig Brown wants to name-drop an Aberdeen legend...........

Lets face it, Fergie will send his players out to the best option available. He didn't get to be one of the best managers in the world by being sentimental and he hasn't sent too many players north of the border on loan in recent years.

As I've said before Sutton is a very good SPL striker. He has, in the past, found it difficult to settle at clubs but has done well with us. Bit slow for tbe Championship imo, and given he is 26 I don't see that area of his game improving. For me SPL/League 1 is his level and we should be doing what we can to keep him.

can only echo whats been said.

Priority to deal big Sutton in before he makes a move. Get Fitzy signed for 18 months.

Much as I liked Blackman - I think the best option would be to find someone else with any wages freed up with him and Gowser moving on.

Disappointed that Gow didn't work out - but hey ho!

If Murphy and Sutton keep playing like they did today, Blackman wouldn't get a look in anyway.

Delighted Gow's gone.

Hopefully Fitzpatrick gets handed a new deal this week.

Hopefully Fitzpatrick will get handed a P45 and McCall will free up a wage to sign a left sided midfielder who at least matches the quality of the rest of the squad.