A Message From Your Own Support!

andybug

10 team league poll- MFC take note!  

142 members have voted

1. 1. I as a MOTHERWELL fan are totally against this proposed 10 team league!

• Yes - (I oppose 10 team league)
    • No - (I welcome 10 team league)

The only thing I'd add

1996%20bt.jpg

haha awesome steve!

whats-online_football_scottish_motherwell-fc.jpg

Motherwell F.C

Where we lie about being a community club to our fans and go against what they say. Were happy enough to take your money but we want to feed of a dying carcuss of the Old Firm to fill our pockets more.

Carlsburg dont make community clubs.......and neither do Motherwell

There's got to be some junior teams hoping to fuck this abortion of a 10 team league comes into play!

Up the Tyre Vics!

Thats why im saying we need to expand at least if we can bring in 4 junior teams, 5 overall applied for the place Annan got like Spartans,Pollok,Bathgate Thistle

So theirs some junior teams who can come up and do a shift

4 votes in favour of a 10 team league is worrying...... :unsure:

Some may agree with the proposals. Whats worrying about that?

I can see huge flaws in both the 10 team league and also the 16 team proposal but I am not totally against/for either of them as they both have real negatives be that financial or entertainment-wise.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I wouldnt be surprised to see the status quo for the forseeable future and this ten team league proposal has been an elaborate scheme all along.

Some may agree with the proposals. Whats worrying about that?

I can see huge flaws in both the 10 team league and also the 16 team proposal but I am not totally against/for either of them as they both have real negatives be that financial or entertainment-wise.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I wouldnt be surprised to see the status quo for the forseeable future and this ten team league proposal has been an elaborate scheme all along.

I'm not against a 10 team league.

There are a lot of viable arguments for a 10-team league. These include several things mentioned in Motherwell's statement - sponsorship and advertising revenue.

I think a 16 or 18 team league would not be a commercially attractive league to sponsors or TV. And I think supporters would get bored of playing teams like Queen of the South (should they reach those heady heights).

By in large I would stick with 12 teams with one automatically relegated and then a playoff for second last place.

There are a lot of viable arguments for a 10-team league. These include several things mentioned in Motherwell's statement - sponsorship and advertising revenue.

But,

When the idea of changes to the set up was first proposed it was with the brief of improving Scottish football, which many admitted at the time would probably involve teams taking a hit and having to make sacrifices for the benefit of football in general.

Now we seem to have gone in the opposite direction from that and it's now all about the teams that will be left in the SPL each getting a bigger cut by splitting the money from the 2 dropped teams and sharing it out amonst themselves.