Craigan Injury

wee g

Does he actually have a hamstring injury though?

The commentator even said he wouldn't be surprised if players start complaining about hamstrings etc 60 mins into the game.

there's no way craigan would bail out on his country when he had had the armband and no way mccall would tell him to. they're not brown and lennon.

team for saturday if craggs, lasley, hammell and saunders are all out

randy

hateley hutchy page gunner

humphrey jenno meechan jones

murphy

sutton

average age 23!

I thought only fast players got hamstring injuries? :dash2:

I doubt it'd be anything too serious though if he didn't limp coming off the pitch and he didn't have to pull up out of a run. It's possibly just a precautionary thing, perhaps he had been concerned it was feeling tight before the match? I didn't see the game, was it definitely a hamstring injury? He wasn't just subbed because he wasn't playing well? He hasn't been in the best of form of late.

It's not an ideal time to have Craigan injured - on top of Saunders and Hammell - but from what I've seen to date, Jonathan Page appears a genuine prospect. I'd be happy with a back four of - Hately, Hutchison, Page and Gunning. The only concern is who is left on the bench for cover? The Cypriot guy doesn't appear to have materialised yet.

It's not an ideal time to have Craigan injured - on top of Saunders and Hammell - but from what I've seen to date, Jonathan Page appears a genuine prospect. I'd be happy with a back four of - Hately, Hutchison, Page and Gunning. The only concern is who is left on the bench for cover? The Cypriot guy doesn't appear to have materialised yet.

I'm not so clued up these days as to who's in the defensive positions in the U19's that could fill in, on the bench, but I think it was the OP himself who said in the past that the loanees could be recalled if and when required, so I presume if it came to it Dario Quinn or Jordan Halsman might get recalled.

Can't understand the chat on here sometimes, we've already got 2 definite defensive starters out through injury and people are glad that Club Captain Crags is injured so we can see if others can step up.

Going by that logic, I'd rather lose him due to injury to test these theories when we had adequate cover and not threadbare as we are at present. Aye, OK he has the odd bombscare and could give the ball to Hammell to pass it up the park, however lets not ignore the footballing brain, even if the legs can't always keep up with it.

I fear a centre-half pairing of Hutchison and Page could be severely exposed by canny tactics and wily/clever striker(s).

With respect to he Cypriot, was he ever brought over here as a first team prospect? I got the impression it was for U-19's to toughen him up and if he broke through then it would be a bonus.

Can't understand the chat on here sometimes, we've already got 2 definite defensive starters out through injury and people are glad that Club Captain Crags is injured so we can see if others can step up.

Never once said in my post that I was glad he was out and never would say that. All i said was it is a chance for one of the younger guys to step up and show what they are made of.

With respect to he Cypriot, was he ever brought over here as a first team prospect? I got the impression it was for U-19's to toughen him up and if he broke through then it would be a bonus.

Although he was signed for the future, he's 21 already so if we aren't loaning him I can't imagine he's getting many games.

seems sm not happy with nigel worthington for not taking craigan off earlier. he was on stv sport report just now. thinks that it,s touch & go but will give our captain till the last min to prove his fitness. bloody typical :whistling:

I also didnae know that McCall was on the bench for an England under 21 game. History could have been different if he got on the park.

I also didnae know that McCall was on the bench for an England under 21 game. History could have been different if he got on the park.

Read an interview on that a while back.

He basically accepted the invitation to join Englands under 21's then started to regret it pretty much as soon as he joined in training, as something didn't feel quite right. He said he then spent the match on the bench praying that he didn't get brought on so he could get the chance to play for Scotland.

Read an interview on that a while back.

He basically accepted the invitation to join Englands under 21's then started to regret it pretty much as soon as he joined in training, as something didn't feel quite right. He said he then spent the match on the bench praying that he didn't get brought on so he could get the chance to play for Scotland.

First time I read about it McCall said late on in the game he was warming up behind the goals and was called back, he pretended not to hear because he didn't want to go on, so stayed behind the goals till the final whistle..