-
Posts
2,557 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
17
wellsince75 last won the day on September 30
wellsince75 had the most liked content!
Recent Profile Visitors
The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.
wellsince75's Achievements
Attracting Interest from Abroad (7/10)
817
Reputation
-
Must say I’m missing the SPL - to have almost 3 weeks off for this utter tosh is not enjoyable . feels like we crammed in a stupid amount of games , didn’t get a full pre season and then put the breaks on for weeks for a glorified set of friendlies
-
That’s a very fair point @weeyin and perhaps a high bar for any loanees - ie players we can’t afford but how need a platform . anyways great to see him kicking on.
-
Watching Welsh push-up the left hand side gave a reminder of what we're missing, he provided a fair amount of support likes of Longelo - perhaps one of the reason Longelo hasn't looked the same player. Delighted to see Welsh get his first cap and appreciated the nod to 'Well for helping him get there.
-
Completely agree - SOD should have been in the rangers game. same for those who need subbed - people need to know they have to perform or someone else gets the start
-
Im hopeful that we can sort some of this out. Defence - Tighten up through having .SOD (JK when fit). JKL Moorman Williams - would be stronger than what we've been doing. This is where I'd start and expect immediate improvement. Midfiled - we need Pressman back + I'd recall Whyte. He offered more phsycicality and we're missing this. Wide areas - if we push Longelo, Sparrow up here we have options along side JT,RCC, Vogt. These changes I think would solve a chunk of our problems - be interesting to see if the gaffer mixes things up.
-
I think you're right that that my disappointment is basing on last season. It's very hard to shake. My initial point was to show it's not just the last 2 -3 games, it's been choppy for the last 8. This season we got off to a very decent start, particularly with the Euro games - I thought we were going to be for another treat but I personally feel we're regressing . BUT you have a very fair comparison to last season and in truth is the core of where Im struggling. It was such a revelation . Even the first 7 games when we'd 8 points I felt we were on the up, only getting better. Some of the draws we were unlucky eg Falkirk and letting Hearts back in the game at Tyncastle. I initially thought we'd brought in some upgrades but I'm not seeing much of that. Ward, Welsh, Watt, Just would all walk straight into the team I think. Moorman and Lowry both been pretty good but that's probably about It for now (albeit some may prove to be very good over time)
-
Last 8 games won 1 drew 1 lost 6 conceded 17 scored 6 some of those games were tough eg Europe , Ibrox Points aren’t brilliant on those games . performances also mixed bag . Think the majority are aligned that performances need to pick up . Some players need swapping in and out .
-
Results are important but so are performances . out the gates our performances were very good in Europe. our cup performance was abysmal . our league performances have been mixed - progressively worse . so it’s not 2 bad defeats that concern me - it’s the performance and lack there of . The manager of course needs time and will get it - but we can all see the regression and that’s ok to call it out
-
Agree re dropping both of them and have them on the bench . For me we lack energy or willingness to take on players and or move at at pace - it’s all quite easy to play against . I also think we have enough depth to be much stronger defence - SOD, knight-level and Williams could all come in. midfield - levit deserves a slot . Priestman will be a welcome return but personally think missing a trick by having Ollie Whyte on loan . He has a bit more physicality about him and I thought looked very decent . forward is tricky - perhaps Thor needs a chance and I’d be happy to see a pick n mix of several others to see how they fair.
-
Lots of good points here , agree with the majority - my frustration is the manager is the guy who could make the 7 changes you’ve outlined and hasn’t . if we can all see the issues , which we can re the players mentioned then so should the gaffer and make changes I found today a hard watch , I can’t remember worrying their keeper
-
Let me be clear from the start — this isn't a call for Alfred Johansson's head. But the concerns around this Motherwell side are real, and they're growing. Performances matter, and right now we are regressing. Several of our recent games haven't just been slip-ups — they've been dreadful. That's not a bump in the road, that's a pattern. We' have decent quality in this squad. Given that, the manager needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror. I get that this is a huge overhaul and these things take time. But the regression is clear, and right now it isn't obvious that Johansson has the answer. He'll get time — nobody's calling for him to go. This is just stating the obvious: something has to change, and soon. Fans won't keep turning up for this. It was never only about winning — it's about being entertained. Unless we see a real improvement in performances, the good work from last season is going to be undone. The basics of how this team is set up need serious attention.
-
Yes and to stop turning back to his own goal side
-
We’re far too slow to build up any attack - so easy to defend against
-
Yes , it seems too much to ask Time to get subs on
-
Alfred has got a fair amount he needs to solve for and not sold he's helping himself. We can all see the issues in defence, which easily solved if puts knight-level in and also Williams at left back. Push Longelo further up park. At right back put in SOD . Midfield for me not convinced Hodge is better than Levit - but neither better than Priestman - hope he's back soon. I'll stop with that but some basics need sorting out.