2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Anybody heard anything about Jennings new contract? A jambo mate just text me to say he was signing for Hearts tomorrow?

Just to clear up, this rumour has no real source other than my mate and a link he sent me to a Jambos forum. He was right about Sutton but I hope he's just taking the piss and that he signs his new deal for us tomorrow but it woud be typical if he they swooped in and took him last minute just as his contract expires and Jenno does seem to be stalling.

Anyone heard similar?

jennings has been training with the squad all week so im pretty sure your jambo mate is talking shite. wouldnt be surprised if he signed a new contract tomorrow at the same time as law :thumbup:

I thought that too but if he's still under contract until the end of june would he not have to turn up regardless??

Guess we will find out tomorrow but I hope you're right.

I thought that too but if he's still under contract until the end of june would he not have to turn up regardless??

Guess we will find out tomorrow but I hope you're right.

im not an expert on contracts but i dont think he would have had to have turned up for this week if he had been moving to Hearts. Eg look at Law, his contract is up tomorrow but he hasn't been training with Rotherham because he's coming up here, im not sure but hey ho

I know I'm in a significant minority with this opinion, but I don't want Faddy back. Much rather be developing the next generation.

This is why someone on the otherside of the world shouldn't be allowed to comment on something they rarely see

Edit: i missed a letter

• Like 1

im not an expert on contracts but i dont think he would have had to have turned up for this week if he had been moving to Hearts. Eg look at Law, his contract is up tomorrow but he hasn't been training with Rotherham because he's coming up here, im not sure but hey ho

Think it depends on the circumstance, Law didn't train at Rottherham because he had already chose us instead of them, but I'm guessing Jenno hasn't signed any contract for us or anyone, so he trains with us until his contract is done then he's unattached.

Yeh but if Jenno's contract wasn't up until the end of June an he's indicated to Motherwell he's willing to sign a new deal then comes back for pre season and then Hearts make a late offer say yesterday or today he might just see out his current contract till the end of the week while considering his options.

It's probably a lot of shite but I wont quite believe he will be here next season until I see it on the official, hopwfully as you say tomorrow with Law.

two years ago when craggs was taking the training in june hughes, smith, mclean and the rest of them that were out of contract and leaving were no where to be seen.

Yeh but as I said above, he might of intented to come back and sign a new deal and then had his head turned last minute where as those listed above had no intention of staying.

GazzyB steal your password?

Nah, I didn't say he was shit. He's obviously a gifted player that I enjoyed watching (although you could argue whether or not he made the most of that gift during his years at Everton in particular).

I'm just saying I'd enjoy watch a new Faddy exploding onto the scene more than watching the old Faddy.

Eg look at Law, his contract is up tomorrow but he hasn't been training with Rotherham because he's coming up here

More likely because he's been away on holiday and didn't get back until Wednesday, according to his Twitter feed anyway.

This is why someone on the otherside of the world shouldn't be allowed to comment on something they rarely see

Edit: i missed a letter

Magic. The first "you can't comment because you live in the US" post of the 2011/12 season.

Nah, I didn't say he was shit. He's obviously a gifted player that I enjoyed watching (although you could argue whether or not he made the most of that gift during his years at Everton in particular).

I'm just saying I'd enjoy watch a new Faddy exploding onto the scene more than watching the old Faddy.

One doesn't exclude the other and there certainly no guarantee a new one will come along anytime soon so if McFadden in the twilight of his career fancies a return I'd be all for it. Obviously hoping for an impact in the mould of Davie Cooper signing at 33 rather than say the return of Brian McClair at whatever age he was but clearly shot as a player!