Okay, Will I Be The First To Say It?

MJC_MKI

Not really a fair or sensible question, we cant be expected to have our fingers on the pulse of what's happening at other clubs in other leagues in the way that most people in the game can.

Sticking with the same old teabags just because you dont know where to get a better brew is just silly, get rid and then go looking for some decent tea. Set the agenda dont let it set you.

I see Ronnie Moore has left Rotherham. :whistling:

Different water down south than up here, so it's reasonable to suggest that a teabag might produce a better cup of tea up north, and that it's unfair to base your opinions on said teabag's offerings down south. ;)

• Like 1

Not really a fair or sensible question, we cant be expected to have our fingers on the pulse of what's happening at other clubs in other leagues in the way that most people in the game can.

It's as fair & sensible as those who are questioning Stuart McCall's ability to do the job after less than three months in the position.

It isnae really.

For all that I think the Lip talks a load of pish most of the time, he is still entitled to have an opinion on our manager, regardless of how long he has held the position. To counter this by saying 'who would you have instead' isnae really a great argument.

If one of my employees were making a harry hunt of themselves, I wouldnt be keeping them on just because there wasnt an obvious candidate to takeover.

Remember McLeish? He took wee Tommy's team to 2nd place then ripped it apart to bring in his own people and almost got us relegated.

No, McLeish took Tommy's team to Tannadice and lost 6-1, McLean's team got McLean's team into 2nd in spite of McLeish, not because of him.

This has been confirmed by more than one member of that squad, but not Shaun McSkimming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I started this thread last year, but since then Stuart McCall has guided us to 2 top six finishes, a Scottish Cup final and a Champions League Qualifying position.

If he's reading this then I fully apologise to Stuart McCall for starting this thread back in February 2011. He has more than proved himself as a very good manager for us and the job he has done in his time in charge has been tremendous. Regardless of what's went on at Rangers, we deserve to be where we are just now as our results over the course of the season have earned our place in next season's Champions League.

Congratulations to Stuart McCall and all the Motherwell players :cheers:

• Like 7

1335997382[/url]' post='339876']

I started this thread last year, but since then Stuart McCall has guided us to 2 top six finishes, a Scottish Cup final and a Champions League Qualifying position.

If he's reading this then I fully apologise to Stuart McCall for starting this thread back in February 2011. He has more than proved himself as a very good manager for us and the job he has done in his time in charge has been tremendous. Regardless of what's went on at Rangers, we deserve to be where we are just now as our results over the course of the season have earned our place in next season's Champions League.

Nice one , MJC !

Good man :cheers: , I hope you've learned a valuable lesson not to be so hasty in future. :thumbup:

Well done MJC, however I can't help feel that unless we make the Group Stages and at least beat Barca, you'll be back on the same subject in 6 months. :evilgrin::thumbup:

Perhaps if we do actually make the group stages, MJC's predictions of us getting well and truely humped in every game might actually come true!! :whistling:

• 4 months later...

Like I said, I'm not the one saying it tonight. Just interested that anyone else might be thinking along those lines though.

Aye fair enough.....the question will be asked again on Sunday and every time we get embarrassed like we did tonight....and my answer will be the same aye McCall must go! Then I look where we are in the SPL....then I think who else could we have as manager on the money we pay....

Onwards and Upwards...

• Like 1

If it means a guaranteed embarassment by the old firm in the cup final I have no interest in reaching them tbh.

Can't disagree with that. I'd rather never reach a Cup Final ever again than suffer the pathetic showing we put up against Celtic two seasons ago every time we get there.