Darren Randolph!

nethertonwellfan

Like to think he told them to F*ck off, where were you last year when I didn't have a club? Didn't exactly see anyone from Parkhead desperate to sign him then. Keep up the form for Motherwell Randy and you'll get to the Premiership, Celtic won't.

Unfortunatly we will have little control over where he ends up next season. If someone put in an offer and we knock it back he could then put in a transfer request and we'd more than likely have to reluctantly let him go.

Piss poor I know but just a fact of modern football, the days of sticking an unhappy player in the reserves to rot are well and truly gone and not something we could afford to - or should - do.

Anyway forget about next season, well done Darren and keep it up for the rest of this season :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone puts in an offer for Randolph we'll probably drive them to the cash machine!

Worth remembering that he hasn't keep these clean sheets on his own and that others, including players folks here are only to quick to slag off, are responsible to.

But at this stage of the season Randolph and Hammell would be my picks for Motherwell player of the season.

One of the best keepers I've seen at F.P. in 40+ years supporting MFC.

He came to F.P. because he wanted to play matches and not waste time waiting for the starting slot at Charlton. (They know they've boobed big time)

That was one happy guy in the dressing room after the sellick match. He's absolutely delighted at the result and at his record shut outs this season.

Well done Darren Randolph.

Got to agree with everything that's been said. Randolph has saved us an absolute shitload of points this season. Yesterday a point in case. I think credit has also to be given to the guys in front of him as well as the defensive hard graft shown in the midfield.

Top keeper, great to have such a talented and confident guy between the sticks.

Best thing that Brown did for us.

Aye it was, but for those that can't bring themselves to thank Brown for it there is always the option of replacing Brown's name with Christian Dailly's, since it was him that gave Brown the heads up.

Quality keeper, and the reason why some have said he is less spectacular than Ruddy as for me the one thing that made Ruddy stand out was his ability to make up for mistakes (triple save against United, two flasp at Hamilton to name two) while Randy really hasn't had that many mistakes to make up for. For me Randy is alot more assured at coming for crosses, and you see it at times the defence have believe in him.

Saying that, sold or contract extension in the summer is a must.

As much as you have to credit the defence aswell, a good keeper breads confidence in the defence. The main difference for me between Randolph and Graeme Smith for example is communication. There seems to be little doubt as to which ball is the centre halves and which is the keepers. I also think the fact we seem to play with two ball winners in front of the defence helps too.

One of the best keepers I've seen at F.P. in 40+ years supporting MFC.

He came to F.P. because he wanted to play matches and not waste time waiting for the starting slot at Charlton. (They know they've boobed big time)

Do you reckon he's as good as Macrae and McCloy in their heyday?

McCloy had moved to Rangers when I started watching MFC, so not sure about him. Although I never really rated him very highly at Ibrox.

Keith McCrae was superb and for some reason always thought he was the best.

(Stuart Rennie was another favourite.)

I honestly believe Darren Randolph is on par with Keith McCrae which is high praise indeed.

I just hope we see him at F.P. for a wee while longer before he gets a big move.

Any other older fans got any thoughts about McCrae vs Randolph?

I'd say he is better than Peter McCloy. The Girvan Lighthouse was undeniably better in the air - not unknown for him to come out for a cross ball and catch it one handed. However he was less reliable and prone to making a good few blunders. Older posters will recall him fumbling a harmless header into the net at Easter Road just before he departed. Of the two DR is the better.

Keith McRae? A tough one to call but DR shades it for me, although Keith Mcrae was more versatile. Darren Randolph won't score many goals for us.

On balance I'd say that Darren Randolph is the best keeper I've seen play for us at Fir Park so far. He's more of an English style keeper than we're used to at FP, although I wouldn't call him dirty. If he comes out for a ball he'll make sure he gets it, without breaking someone's neck or back. Nobody will push him around.

I'd say he is better than Peter McCloy. The Girvan Lighthouse was undeniably better in the air - not unknown for him to come out for a cross ball and catch it one handed. However he was less reliable and prone to making a good few blunders. Older posters will recall him fumbling a harmless header into the net at Easter Road just before he departed. Of the two DR is the better.

Keith McRae? A tough one to call but DR shades it for me, although Keith Mcrae was more versatile. Darren Randolph won't score many goals for us.

On balance I'd say that Darren Randolph is the best keeper I've seen play for us at Fir Park so far. He's more of an English style keeper than we're used to at FP, although I wouldn't call him dirty. If he comes out for a ball he'll make sure he gets it, without breaking someone's neck or back. Nobody will push him around.

I can't really argue too much with what you say re 'Well keepers mate, and we have had a few.

DR is the current keeper and I would have to say the best....back then I would have said KM was the best (don't forget he played at right back :rolleyes: ). As for entertainment have to give it to Hugh Sproat :lol:

When he came down towards the Cooper at the tail end of half time, I finally realised who it was. How the feck is he going to bring Foster on any when he was pretty much keech himself.

Don't need to be a good player to be a good coach/manager. Many a coach/manager were very shite players

Andy Goram? - possibly the best shotstopper ever in the Scottish game.

Peter McCloy was error prone

Keith McCrae - Agile and Confident

Shuggie - extrovert, but again prone to a howler or two - Jamie Fairley running the ball in from the half-way line against Accies at FP - having succesfully beaten our last line of defence to the ball in their half - springs immediately to mind.

Stuart Rennie - Clossus and assured - remember him playing second half against Killie with stitches in what had been a gaping head wound and along with Jimmy O'Rourke, inspiring the 'well to a 5-3(?) win after being 2-0 down at half-time.

Sieb Sykstra - see Stuart Rennie

Of the rest the only one that merits any real mention is Ally Maxwell - purley for his heroics in 1991.

Darren Randolph? For me? Splits Andy Goram and Keith McCrae, in that order.