Peter Lawell's Ramblings

Muzz

From the beeb .......

The Scottish Football Association will also investigate events at Wednesday night's match.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has disputed comments made on Thursday morning by Stewart Regan, his counterpart at the SFA.

Regan slammed both clubs for their "inflammatory and irresponsible behaviour", adding that the "angry confrontation" between Lennon and McCoist "was not only unsavoury but exacerbated an already incendiary atmosphere inside the stadium and throughout the West of Scotland".

Lawwell, however, said: "I believe that events should be put into some perspective.

"Celtic had three players booked last night. To put this in the context of other matches, St Johnstone last night received two bookings in their match against Aberdeen, while Motherwell received five bookings against Celtic last Sunday. "

================================================

I fail to get the jist - the ugly sisters shame Scottish football last night - both of them - .... but we got 5 players booked and the sheep got 2 players booked ....... what is he rambling on about?

Or am I being thick?

Mods - move to Gen Football if not deemed MFC related.

I dont listen to anything that Lawell says tbh. He's a trumpet and a bigoted one at that. I hope his next sh---'s a hedgehog! :O

Sadly there are plenty who do, from the gullible ones in the Celtic support he's trying to whip up to the lapdogs in the media who hang on every word.

I've said it several times before that much as it pains me Celtic have one of the finest PR machines in the business when it comes to deflecting bad news. Its sickening the number of times they have their backs against the wall for their indiscretions yet somehow wriggle out of it and end up looking the ones being wronged.

It may not be relevant to this thread but i thoroughly enjoyed that game last night. It had everything.

People saying it was an embarrassment to the spl are talking shite.

Go on all the English football forums, they fucking loved it to. :O

I bet most of the folk who are moaning about it enjoyed it to but the pull of a good old grumble is way too powerful for some.

Let them do what they want to each other i say

I see the polis want the OF to play behind closed doors.....because Strathclyde's Finest cant afford to police OF games anymore.

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Police-Feder...-Old.6727875.jp

They've really thought this one through. Another 50,000 watching the game in pubs across the west of scotland, just means the problem will be spread out further and even harder to police.

I don't think he's meaning we fouled Celtic lots, what he's meaning is that 5 yellow cards isn't bad so 3 yellow cards is nothing.

A fair argument IMO; he's not slagging us off, he's just saying that if fuck all is said about 5 yellow cards from Motherwell then why should 3 yellow cards for Celtic be a big thing?

I think.

I don't think he's meaning we fouled Celtic lots, what he's meaning is that 5 yellow cards isn't bad so 3 yellow cards is nothing.

A fair argument IMO; he's not slagging us off, he's just saying that if fuck all is said about 5 yellow cards from Motherwell then why should 3 yellow cards for Celtic be a big thing?

I think.

Deflection though... nobody is making an issue of their bookings.

Their manager twice squaring up to Rangers employees though is the issue.

Deflection though... nobody is making an issue of their bookings.

Their manager twice squaring up to Rangers employees though is the issue.

Thats the real problem, they have a rabid wee ginger Pr**K with serious anger management issues in charge of the team, every other week he is causing a row. the Celtic board must take the blame as well because by their silence they are condoning it. The SFA are bottle merchants when it comes to celtic they have reduced Lennon's ban to 4 games on appeal.

Also i have no doubt that by the time this latest malarkey with McCoist has been dealt with, the SFA will bottle it again, its time the SFA grew a set of balls and dealt with him and the club properly, 25 point deduction and 6 month touchline ban,

He is just confirming what Walter Smith was saying about Celtic getting special treatment since the McDonald affair. The referees are bending over backwards to give nothing against Celtic at the moment

How the F*** the big baldy centre half got to the 93rd minute on Sunday before being booked is a mystery to me ( and also to Murdo McLeod who apparently made reference to the fact that he hadn't been booked on Radio Scotland )

Mon the Dossers