The Boys At The End Of The East's Display!

Busta Nut

I sit just past the halfway line of the East Stand ( nearer the Cooper) and to be honest last night was the noisiest I can remember our end being. In fact I said to some of the guys beside me that I thought the Well Boys had sent some of their team along to spread out the singing. The Cooper as well were responsible for starting a lot of the singing and chanting.

Maybe we are getting there at last.

Mon the Dossers.

Hats off for the time and effort going into making that display. There was singing through the East Stand and it was great for an atmosphere like that to return to Fir Park. Can't remember the last time I was able to sing so much. Brilliant.

Hopefully the boys who made the banner will have something produced to welcome Broon on Saturday also!

nice reply Dee

tell everyone to keep up the good work

you are never going to keep everyone happy, but a well written reply goes some way to losing the tag of "silly wee boys"

good luck with the "till rolls" - let us know how you get on and how folk can support you guys

and let us know where the "standing" singing section is

we need to do all we can for the semi final as there are going to be about 40000 empty seats

SMOKE BOMBS FLARES!! :woop:

Understand your point Ladywell but I can assure you that the smokebomb was not let of by anyone involved in making the flags.

I think a lot of people on here put 2 and 2 together and get 5 when it comes to these smokebombs, for example you describing it a flare. I for one think they add to the atmosphere but would never let one off, firstly because it is illegal and secondly because I have heard that the club can be punished for this.

Just out of interest, can you explain to us who don't know as much about the situation, a bit more about this pressure from the authorities? This may put people of doing this in future. I can't imagine however that Motherwell will be any different from any other club in the Scotland in this regards, Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Dunfermline, Ayr United, Hearts, Hibs are just some of the clubs which I have heard have been using smokebombs this season.

Hi Dee,

I deliberately made a concious effort in my post not to draw a link, it's why I opted for two separate paragraphs that didn't reference each other.

The semantics of the description in the great scheme of things is immaterial, we can call it a pyrotechnic for generalisation if preferred. A device was let off that will cause the club hassle, that is the long and short of it.

I think most fans know that we live in a risk and claim society now, primarily driven by the Americans. Accountability now features highly on the minds of those hosting any event. The club has to deal with and placate a number of bodies such as Strathclyde Police, North Lanarkshire Council, the SFA, SPL and Central Government (with respect to H&S legislation).

I think its safe to assume that many club officials time is taken up writing correspondence and attending meetings to help allay some of these bodies. Personally I'd rather their time was freed up to pursue improving the facilities and increasing revenue, that is the way team will improve over time.

I'm sure many will appreciate and some will be surprised that the club may have views on some things that are shared with some of the more vocal members of the support in section E but it can't express openly otherwise it attracts unwanted official attention and potential censure.

The issue is if anything like this goes off the Police commander gets jumpy, that results in other domino effect reactions that affect many other fans matchday experience.

I have written to the Advisory Committee to ask if because of their intermediary status as fans but having the regular ear of the club they can act as an effective "middle man" between the club and some supporters to get a more fruitful dialogue going.

Despite its association with us in 80's primarily, I'm not a big fan of the SS symbol or using elements of it. My Grandfather was at Dunkirk and then went onto El Alamein and Sicily, fighting men who wore it on their lapels. I don't personally appreciate its involvement in anything to do with Motherwell FC.

Regardless, I think what you and your colleagues did last night was commendable and I'd fully support more of it going forward. The plans for Hampden again are very impressive and hint of a bigger club.

You need to calm down about the smoke bombs and the s on that flag, the fact even the sun haven't picked up on it speaks volumes for the nit pickers that are, it got drawn on as a laugh initially, then it got painted in as few lads thought it was funny, it's a regret if some of us are honest that we let it go like that but, that said I don't think it really takes anything away from the display. Plus, if you lying down on asphalt trying to draw an s that style of s is alot easier to doph34r.gif

What have you written to them about though, getting a dialogue between the committee and what fans? the guys involved in the end section?

Lighten up ladywell reading waaaayyyy too much into things if you don't like what they do stay away. They won't cone up to you for e you to start lighting smoke bombs and join the hitler youth! We have all got families that fought and died in the wars I know for a fact it's nothing to do with facism!

Anyone else think the 12 month ban handed out to one of the original well boys has spurred the rest on to be more pro active?

As I stated previously in this discussion, I can see the argument from both side for the smokebomb issue however it is against the rules and the club could be potentially punished for this, so that should speak for itself.

What I would also like to say is that I appreciate your efforts to contact the advisory commitee and enquire about having an effective "middle man", as many supporters, maybe myself included, would ignore these means and continue to moan about things on this board, actions speak louder than words as they say. With this in mind though, I would like to think that when approaching these bodies, fellow fans are supporting the idea of creating an atmosphere and getting fans through the doors.

With regards to the "S" in Heroes, I think it’s a minor issue. Like yourself, I had family who fought for country against people wearing it on their lapels but by no way is it related to Nazism. Sadly I wasnt present at the making of the banner or I would have tried to change it. I was involved in making the shirts, which I personally feel were a great touch and like stated the S is a minor issues.

The lad who done it suggested that he done it in reference to moving away from the dark days of the casuals but this was after some expressed their feeling of discontent

On the plus side, the display as a whole has gained a good response, from fans and media alike. Let's hope that fellow fans help out for the Semi-Final display and we can build on things from there.

A great effort from the lads last night, great atmos throughout the match and here's hoping that can be replicated for all remaining games.

Kiss, amongst others, use the self same font on their branding.

Much a do about nothing. Its a typeface.

What a load of shite. Every letter is of similar font bar the s, through some massive coincidence I imagine. :rolleyes:

Find these things pretty harmless, but that's just plain stupidity.

At least they got the spelling right.