A Request

GazzyB

seems it'll not be McCall gettin it but Ross Forbes will no doubt be getting crucified

can almost hear the neandrathals screams across the radio

shame he had to start on the left hand side as we attacked the South, never gets a chance from the spunkstains in the East no doubt on his case from early doors

He'll be better off elsewhere

Ross Forbes, yet again, got dogs abuse. From first kick of the ball, the tossers sitting behind me gave him nothing but stick, totally out of order, again.

When we were holding on at the end, I couldn't believe when folk started to boo!!! FFS, we were winning!!!

You'd think we were 3 nil down to hear some of the pish that folk shout! :wallbash:

That Ross Forbes.... i mean whats he all about.... he was lucky he didnt have a big part to play in any Motherwell goals tonight esp not the first one.

That First goal for Motherwell, if it wasnt for him beating the full back on the bye line, twice and putting the ball in the box for Murphy to get a hold of the 2nd ball.

I didnt hear him get too much stick tonight, its been worse. Plus I didnt hear any booing of the team either. Must have been at a different game altogether.

• Like 1

A few angry shouts to the dugout from punters in the POD about changes being made as the waves of attack were hitting us.. McCall turned his back on the game looked into the stand and basically shouted "Why".

All I can say Sieb is there was a lot of 'nervous energy' in the POD Stand fron about the 70th minute on. Whilst Forbes has looked really good on occasion this season I thought he looked very tired and slow tonight.

Not getting at anyone Finlay its just that sometimes as a Motherwell Fan I feel that we are willing our own players to fail rather than willing them to progress and get better.

Too much looking at negatives like he nearly gave a goal away rather that the fact that he was an integral part in the first goal that we scored. If we started supporting the younger guys through rough patches then maybe they wouldnt last as long.

I am terrible for giving players some stick but its usually established senior experienced pros but the stick our young lads get is pretty awful.

• Like 1

I see what your saying sieb. I'm not one to get on the back of the players either. I'd love Forbes to turn into one of the main players for us I really would. On nights like tonight I just feel sorry for him to be honest as I thought physically he toiled badly. I'm not sure if some folk try to highlight a player's form as vocally as possible as they fear McCall hasn't noticed :lol:

Didn't see the game so not gonna comment on Forbes performance but for all the people saying he was shit & should be subbed was their any viable alternatives on the bench other than inexperienced youngsters? Sometimes it's just better the devil you know.

i thought Forbes was ok - nothing more, nothing less, few good, few bad

interestingly, I took a mate to the game last night, he's been a few times before but tonight was the first night he had seen Forbes play.

the first thing he said "who's that number 18 - he looks as if he has no confidence"

wonder why that is?!?!?!?

as for the fans shouting at McCall - i'm not surprised - i sit in the East and I too was willing him to make a sub - it was clear that the players were knackered. On 73mins - Craigan gestured to the bench that the Hump was struggling and he should change it, he did the same 10 mins later. At the end of the game - nearly all our players slumped to the ground! (a great site - in terms that they are giving us their all)

we cant moan too much - WE WON, although it was helluva nervy in the last 15 mins!!

for me it was the abuse that Craigan got before the game even started!!!

Hutchison stuffed up and Craigan saved him, but the strange sitting folk behind me started shouting about craigan, i pointed out their mistake only to be told "don't worry he will fuck up soon"

nice

i will never understand motherwell fans, the abuse we give our own players is bang out of order.

There was a guy next to me last night who was just dying to give Forbes stick. Him and all the knobs around him sniping away at him all game. Mind you not a peep when his hard work setup the goal. The problem with Forbes is that he is far too slow. He gets caught on the ball all the time. Not sure if it can be worked on, but if his pace increased he would be a great player. But I am not going to shout at the lad from the stands.

Its the same with Steve Jones against Aberdeen. Some muppets in front of me were like 'Aye he will fuck up soon enough'. Negative wanks.

Its the same with Steve Jones against Aberdeen. Some muppets in front of me were like 'Aye he will fuck up soon enough'. Negative wanks.

you've got to wonder what some people want to get out of supporting motherwell.

two semis this season, a decent european run and it looks like top six. 19 wins so far, a clean sheet record and our very small and very young squad are still pulling out top performances 45 games into a long season.

enjoy it while you can, realistically it doesn't get a lot better than this.

• Like 5

two semis this season, a decent european run and it looks like top six. 19 wins so far, a clean sheet record and our very small and very young squad are still pulling out top performances 45 games into a long season.

Nail on the head, we've been spoiled in our recent past.

good point mate. A few months ago a large chunk of thje posters on here were predicting a lower half bottom six finish or even relegation. A possible cup win is still on the cards as is a top 4 finish and another european qualification.

Mind you I have occassionally crritizised and I have been known to utter the immortal words" FFS Craigan!!!" from time to time. :laugh:

It really annoys me when people start giving our own players abuse. Why come to the games if all you want to do is shout at our own players, If you want to do that go sit in the south stand. We are supposed to get behind the team not give them constant abuse it really gets on my nerves anyway rant over well done last night.The guys looked really tired but they will keep going we have a cup semi to look forward to and i heard if we get the top 6 which is looking good we may have rangers at home last game of the season and celtic will be at hearts hears hoping

• Like 1

Forbes got nothing but encouragement from anyone sitting roundabout me, including me, despite looking really slow and quite scared a lot of the time. I don't like him at left mid though. Personally I think it's a lot of bollocks that fans want certain players to "fail".