Mfc Facebook Page

EightSixteen

Unlike at school when you were the forth person to be passed a ginger bottle, we now actively look for and covet "floaters".

Lol!

The 3 'Well fans aren't the important thing though. It's the other 197+ that are important. They are the ones that might look at it and say "hey, my plans for Dat fell through but this looks interesting. Maybe i'll bomb along with 816 and see what this is like. I see it's only a tenner to get in this week etc etc etc....". Might be a good way of picking up some new fans. Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

A fair point and believe me, I asked my mates (the ones I'm close to anyway) if they fancied coming with me to the United game and all I got in return was:

"Sorry mate, if it's not [insert old scum team] or then I'll raincheck."

And that was from the ones that claim they support a team yet have never been to a game -the ones I probably could convert.

Thats not to say that I won't ever get them to eventually come in but the idea was to get the ones that only need the smallest of nudges into the stands by utilising the MFC Facebook page to hype them up and encourage all those 'floaters' to make the effort for what is a huge day for us. But yeah, I agree there's potentially scope to pick up some new fans.

Anways, my email has been apparently been forwarded on to the appropriate people but no acknowledgement of receipt from anyone as of yet so we'll see what happens from here.