Humphrey

TheLip69

He didn't get a lot of room either. I honestly think he played his part because he had one and some times two stuck to him. I think StJ were shitting it from him and that led to more space for others. In the end, most of the damage was done down Murph's wing.

I think playing the two wide men AND two up front leaves us a bit short in midfield (where they dominated a lot today) and that may not work against better teams, but canny complain really :notworthy::notworthy:

He was not fully fit and that much was plain. Probably wouldn't have played in a run of the mill league game. Although Saints knew that they were terrified of him and put 2 players on him. That created more space for us. So in that respect he played a vaulable role.

I thought McCall was correct to keep him on until half time, but the change should have been made during the interval. 3-0 and playing a team that could have played all day and not scored. You could see it with the rest of the team. At times in the second half Hateley would get the ball and would look for the pass to Humphrey, Humphrey would either look away, or want it, then Hateley would totally blank him and choose another option.

Not sure what kind of fitness tests we run, but it was obvious from about 3 minutes in he was not himself, limping everytime he walked etc. but I guess it just shows you his willingness to play in the match, which I think we can all undertand.

i never said he wouldnt go. the orignal post just makes it sounds as if the humph isnt happy in scotland when he is

I'm only passing on what the guy said, and he had heard there was some agreement when he signed that there would be a percentage paid if he moved on.

I didn't think there was but I told him I'd stick it on here and see if any of you lot knew.

he was gonna be nowhere near the starting 11 today as recently as thursday, due to his leg been swollen with blood.

He shouldn't have played today, so today was really a terrible game in terms of showing us what he could really do on the Hampden pitch. ;)

Think it was clear that he was not at his best, and most prob, was carrying an injury, but one thing Chris will do is create space for others, i think its a good sign if we do well wiothout any real input from Chris on this occasion, i thought like the most he played his part in creating the space for others, through the middle and out wide left.

A weeks rest will do the trick, but i for one wont write him off just yet!