Since It's Celtic We'll Be Playing In The Final...

David

I wouldn't like to bring a saltire if it was only for the specific purpose of trying to noise up Celtic fans.

My mate has a flag which incorporates the well badge and a clret and amber saltire alongside normal saltires.

Weve taken it to many games over the years simply because we are Motherwell fans and we're Scottish, as are Motherwell.

I have no interest in Union jacks or anything to do with the whole Irish issue, or anything to do with England and the union.

In my opinion we should celebrate OUR identity as Motherwell fans as always, rather than demean ourselves by trying to get into petty religious and political arguments. Why would we want to associate ourselves with the Old Firm's pathetic arguments at all? We should be more interested in Motherwell's chance of achieving our first Scottish Cup in 20 years, and celebrating all it is to be a Motherwell fan.

• Like 1

BUT; I do not think that anyone could, or would, be able to point at a Scottish team flying Saltires at the Scottish Cup Final and describe that as sectarianism or bigotry.

My mate has a flag which incorporates the well badge and a clret and amber saltire alongside normal saltires.

Weve taken it to many games over the years simply because we are Motherwell fans our first Scottish Cup in 20 years, and celebrating all it is to be a Motherwell fan.

I tired to say this yesterday. Anyone who has a problem with flying one of these is extremely narrow minded.

Do (normally fine) people see a Saltire in the Motherwell end and their first reaction is - look there is someone trying to wind someone up - do people actually think like that?

I think a good banner, like Big Tracs sounds, would look fabulous at yet another European away game!!!!

Anyway, the best banner I ever saw was at a Scotland game - versus Sweden in the Italian World Cup -

"We're from Motherwell how do you do? Home of Wullie Pettigrew!" :thumbup:

The thought of union jacks being displayed makes my skin crawl. I hate the "h**s without the bus fare" tag. Although there are some who don't seem to mind it <_>

I hate the union jack and everything it stands for.

When i see it i think of woman and children in my homeland getting torchered just for speeking there native toung.

The attempted annihilation of welsh culture and welshness as a whole.

Established villages in wales being drowned to supply english citys with water.

Millions up on millions of people the world over murdered in the name of that flag and the empire.

We all have our opinions and thats mine. :popcorn:

This thread just goes to show that Neil Lennon and Walter Smith were both spot on when they said that the bigotry in this part of the world is not just confined to 'The Old Firm'.

There are clearly people within our support who are either very offended by the sight of an Irish tricolour and what that stands for and also people who don't like the Union Jack and what it stands for, or what they believe it stands for. Motherwell fans regularly criticise Celtic and/or Rangers fans for bringing politics into football yet that is exactly what people on here seem to want to do. If it's not the Saltire they want to wave in order to wind up Celtic fans then it's the Union Jack! Now I am not for one minute suggesting that either of these flags themselves are offensive, but it's the reason behind why they would be flown at this game that's the issue here.

Fucks sake this is our first Scottish Cup Final for TWENTY YEARS and folk are discussing which National flag to wave in the Celtic fans faces just because they can't stand the Irish National Flag. This day for us should be about Motherwell FC and fuck all else. Shove yer Union Jacks, St.Andrews crosses and Irish tri colours up yer hole and get yourself decked out in Claret & Amber and support MOTHERWELL.

• Like 1

from what i recall the club shop has been selling claret and amber saltires since before we reached the final without being accused of bigotry, so if thats what floats yer boat get down there and buy one. Would be great to see them being waved about at other games not just the final.

Who's trying to organise it as some sort of mass protest? Not me, that's for sure. I don't think there's anything to protest against for a start.

I simply said that I thought it would be a good idea. Nothing more. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

I like the idea of a claret & amber saltire because it's Motherwell colours and our national flag, both of which I hold dear to my heart.

Considering this is Scotland's showcase cup competition final I don't see where politics comes into it.

what about the guy's that have been to all eleven away game's with no coloure's ?