Hampden Park

mwell_fan

I'm quite proud of the fact I have no idea which end at Hampden is the Celtic or Rangers end...

I learned what side is which on the Scottish Football musem tour i went on a few years back. Sadly i chose to forget that fact as i coouldn't really care less :P

is it that hard to figure out that the side closest to parkhead is the celtic end and the end closer to ibrox the rangers end?

Or the side we sit In when we play Celtic is the rangers end, and when we play rangers is the Celtic end.

I certainly have fonder memories of "the rangers end", 1991 semi and final, last Saturday, only loss was 2006 cis semi. I've seen us lose to rangers 3 times from the "Celtic end".

I'm quite proud of the fact I have no idea which end at Hampden is the Celtic or Rangers end...

Used to be simple, Celtic end was uncovered, maybe that's where the paranoia started. :whistling:

Oh and I've seen us beat by Airdire whilst in the Celtic end although the main body of both supports were housed up the other end if memory serves me right. So basically we only win when we're in the Rangers end, that right? And even then it's nowhere near all the time.

• Like 1

............... Oh and I've seen us beat by Airdire whilst in the Celtic end although the main body of both supports were housed up the other end if memory serves me right. ..................

Was in the old North Stand for both Airdrie games, but the bulk of the Motherwell support was in the Mount Florida End, as was the smaller Airdrie support - over the fence though.

Used to be simple, Celtic end was uncovered, maybe that's where the paranoia started. :whistling:

Funnily enough, I used to drink with this boy in the Railway Tavern and his dad said that the reason the Celtic end at Hampden was uncovered was because of 'sinister reasons'. His theory was that the establishment of Great Britain saw the Irish immigrants as being dirty and unwashed, so therefore the SFA put the Celtic fans in the uncovered end because they needed to be soaked by the rain because in their eyes, the Celtic fans, being of Irish Catholic background were naturally dirty and unwashed.

And the funniest part of that was that he actually believed it. :laugh: