Cup Final Tickets

Taff

I tried to go to a Fulham game when I was in London 10 years ago. When I called the phone number provided I was asked 3 qualifying questions such as who was the club captain, home stand names, etc. Obviously I didn't know this and couldn't convince the girl even with my accent that I was just in town for the weekend. Maybe worth trying something like that?

Anyone got any good questions to pose? :ph34r:

NB At the time it was Chris Coleman, googled it when I got home.

A possible idea, although not without its problems, is to limit "open" sales to personal callers with a voucher from a season ticket book - hopefully most fans without a ST could obtain a voucher from a season ticket holding acquaintance. Such a system would be ST holder verified by proxy.

• Like 1

A possible idea, although not without its problems, is to limit "open" sales to personal callers with a voucher from a season ticket book - hopefully most fans without a ST could obtain a voucher from a season ticket holding acquaintance. Such a system would be ST holder verified by proxy.

That idea certainly has merit, as does giving every non ST holder turning up through a home turnstyle for the Rangers and Killie games a voucher.

but then people would argue thats unfair... for example i was at tynecastle on saturday and i really cant afford to go to anymore games until the semi after forking out for 5 in the last 3 weeks so why should people who just decide to turn up at the killie game (seeing as it will be cheaper than the rangers match) just to get a voucher for a semi ticket get priority over people like me? not trying to get into an argument im just stating a point

As has been discussed, there is no ideal scenario/scheme. The club aren't going to keep everyone happy all the time. Every idea will have its problems and loopholes.

With 3,000 season ticket holders, if everyone takes their full allocation then we are looking at 12,000 away in week 1 (that if everyone takes their allocation). Everyone who pays to get in or has lapsed knows someone who could do them a turn. There are 2 games coming up where searching out the old acquaintance in the Cooper, POD or East may prove fruitful.

I tried to go to a Fulham game when I was in London 10 years ago. When I called the phone number provided I was asked 3 qualifying questions such as who was the club captain, home stand names, etc. Obviously I didn't know this and couldn't convince the girl even with my accent that I was just in town for the weekend. Maybe worth trying something like that?

Anyone got any good questions to pose? :ph34r:

NB At the time it was Chris Coleman, googled it when I got home.

Why didn't you phone again after you googled the answer?

The main issues here are folk wanting to sit with their pals/family and the obvious segregation one. Personally got a season book so I can get 4 but it doesn't matter if Im not sitting with mates at game(providing they all get tickets) as you can still be together pre and post match etc. The segregation issue is going to be difficult to avoid. Really don't want smelly tims in our end

Why dont we just do it the old fashion way. Season Tickets holders obv get first chance to get there tickets for the game then a general sale(first come first served basis) I'm more than happy to queue hours to wait for tickets. I'm sure the fans who really want tickets will do so to. It just seems every good idea has a problem and it will be very hard to keep supporters happy until they have there brief in hand.

Can't the club use the Details they have on record? When I log into the Ticket Booking on the official site it gives me a record of every ticket I have purchased, surely this could be used to help show who are consistently attending games. It will be a real shame to see a regular 'well fan miss out.

That would be my guess. I'm sure Falkirk was allocated about 16,000 tickets a year or two back. Say there are 8,000 corporate tickets, we get 16,000 and Celtic get 28,000.

I'm positive Falkirk only shifted 12,000 or there abouts for there final. I remember there chairman demanding a 50/50 spilt and being told where to go.

If 16,000 is the case hope theres an extra 2000 addition or such if we sell our allocation. National Final should be spilt down the middle. If we can't shift our allocation then fair do's hand them back what doesn't sell.

If 16,000 is the case hope theres an extra 2000 addition or such if we sell our allocation. National Final should be spilt down the middle. If we can't shift our allocation then fair do's hand them back what doesn't sell.

Agree mate. I hope thats what happens.

There were just 30381 at the Celtic - Aberdeen semi, given Aberdeen had around I think 8-9000 fans there Celtic have no justification for demanding 28000 tickets. Had they filled Hampden we couldn't have complained Should be give us half and, if we don't sell, you can have them.

It's quite a naughty one if it's the case that the only way you can garauntee a ticket is by buying a season ticket for next season. :lol: Quite a funny idea actually, would work to an extent.

However, In 05 we had 16000 tickets. I dont remember that being a ballot? Sure everyone got tickets that wanted them no? And I can only assume we didnt get the 50/50 allocation neither..?

Why didn't you phone again after you googled the answer?

Because it was 10 years ago and phones weren't as fancy as they are now, secondly I was in a staying in a hotel with no laptop and no communal computer. We did find out from the concierge about the stands but when we phoned up the second time they changed the questions (they must have had quite few to pick from) so we gave up.

It's quite a naughty one if it's the case that the only way you can garauntee a ticket is by buying a season ticket for next season. :lol: Quite a funny idea actually, would work to an extent.

However, In 05 we had 16000 tickets. I dont remember that being a ballot? Sure everyone got tickets that wanted them no? And I can only assume we didnt get the 50/50 allocation neither..?

The demand then will not be as great as it is now. Not everyone got their tickets but most did. Quite a few Rangers fans in our end some even brazen enough to wear RFC tops. We didn't get a 50/50 allocation.

There were just 30381 at the Celtic - Aberdeen semi, given Aberdeen had around I think 8-9000 fans there Celtic have no justification for demanding 28000 tickets. Had they filled Hampden we couldn't have complained Should be give us half and, if we don't sell, you can have them.

motherwell only had 7,000 at the other semi so how does that work?

• Like 1

100% correct that season ticket holders get priority&set days set aside to collect

However don't think that up to 4 extra tickets should be made available,personally know of a ST holder who is giving any extra tickets he gets to a pal and his wife.The guy supports a 1st division team,the wife hasn't been to a game for years,if ever

Therefore the ST holders pals get tickets handed to them on a plate,someone like myself who is a non ST holder,yet has supported MFC for over 35 years and attends regularly is left sweating wondering if i'll get a ticket through a ballot

• Like 1

FFS.

Even if most season ticket holders take 4 - that'll be about half the tickets away and they'll by and large go to 'well fans. Like they always have done. Like for euro trips and for cup games.

I can't see the situation where a die hard well fan won't get a ticket for this game.

if yer a die hard well fan who doesn't get a ticket then you'll no have been trying hard enough.

100% correct that season ticket holders get priority&set days set aside to collect

However don't think that up to 4 extra tickets should be made available,personally know of a ST holder who is giving any extra tickets he gets to a pal and his wife.The guy supports a 1st division team,the wife hasn't been to a game for years,if ever

Therefore the ST holders pals get tickets handed to them on a plate,someone like myself who is a non ST holder,yet has supported MFC for over 35 years and attends regularly is left sweating wondering if i'll get a ticket through a ballot

You only know one season ticket holder?

If I were in the position of fretting about tickets, I would simply ask one of my ST holder mates to get me one as part of their four rather than arse about with the ballot. I would imagine most people in this position would be adopting this policy.

• Like 1

How can they split the ground 50/50 though? If we don't sell all of our 50% that could mean that Celtic supporters would be offered tickets beside some 'Well fans who have bought tickets in an area they wanted to sit in but isn't full.

Exactly the same way as they split it 50/50 for an OF Final (and the St J Semi when you think about it). Literally right down the middle.

motherwell only had 7,000 at the other semi so how does that work?

It's a cup final. Irrespective of how many turned up at the semi-finals, it should be a 50/50 split between the teams. If it was anyone else except Celtic (or Rangers for that matter) it would be. Just because the have a bigger core support don't mean they automatically have claims to most of the tickets. They get to at least one cup final EVERY year. Greed gets rewarded far too often.