Cup Final Tickets

Taff

With respect to Gaag's suggestion, bringing this into a thread.

Lot of negativity, a lot of people suggesting that ballot entries won't be scrutinised any more than than a public sale, I'd be surprised if that was the outcome.

Lots of we're hard done by or I'm up the swanny, OK well put your money where your mouth is and suggest a better alternative.

In reply to the conversation in the shoutbox,maybe if the club made these finance offers known, they would have an increase in the number of people buying season tickets?no?

The club is focusing on an OF game this weekend, one of 4 per year that brings in a fair bit of repeat revenue and has particular challenges of its own.

Safe to say all the ST details and Cup Final stuff will be out there from Sunday/Monday onwards.

The aim of the Supporters Advisory Committee is to enhance the experiences of all who choose to associate with the Motherwell Football Club. We will advance frequent, clearer communication between board and fans due to our unique position, endeavour to improve the matchday experience and further increase club revenues through innovative means.

Can the MSAC not step in in this instace and enhance the experiences of all chosing to associate with Motherwell Football Club, by giving those that ask frequent and clear communication to the fans asking questions about Season Tickets?

Any marketing professional will tell you that you need a strategy with a definite and targeted message. Diluting the Rangers game with too much Scottish Cup/ST info could cause confusion and cross-over problems.

Also be aware of the manpower resource available at FP.

If Facebook or the official website are red hot with frequent announcements then the message gets lost as people switch off.

Any marketing professional will tell you that you need a strategy with a definite and targeted message. Diluting the Rangers game with too much Scottish Cup/ST info could cause confusion and cross-over problems.

Also be aware of the manpower resource available at FP.

If Facebook or the official website are red hot with frequent announcements then the message gets lost as people switch off.

I am a marketing professional.

I'm well aware of having a definite and targeted strategy. However that surely shouldn't apply to finance deals since season tickets for next season are already being advertised on the clubs website and the prices are already up there. It's a one paragraph statement that's needed: "finance will be available by way of 3 month standing order / 9 month direct debit etc... more information to come". That's all people want.

Conversely, if official channels are quiet for long periods of time, then give everything at once, it looks just as bad as info-dumping.

• Like 2

With respect to Gaag's suggestion, bringing this into a thread.

Lot of negativity, a lot of people suggesting that ballot entries won't be scrutinised any more than than a public sale, I'd be surprised if that was the outcome.

Lots of we're hard done by or I'm up the swanny, OK well put your money where your mouth is and suggest a better alternative.

I put my 'uber fan' suggestion up on the shoutbox for you Toi but will echo it incase you missed it first time round.

I the way it should have been rolled out would simply be ST holders first, then general sale.

I think the club allowing anyone purchasing a ST to get in on the presale is a fair shout to bring guaranteed income & attendance for them but regardless of that it should be general sale. There's always going to be people that miss out on tickets but it's less of a shitter if it's not down to "the luck of the draw."

In regards to these expats, they both bought tickets within the hour of our victory in the Semi after the prices shot up. Their intentions were for their son/daughters to go down to the TO to buy tickets for them. Now they have to anxiously wait with their fingers & toes crossed in hope that they are "lucky" enough to be selected at random or to see if those expensive flights are just for a wee family visit whilst the game is on.

I'm sure they considered lots of options but I'd pick general sale everytime over bloody ballot.

You are suggesting in that argument that the Ballot will be oversubscribed, hence the disappointment.

I expect the 3,000 season ticket holders to take between 7k-9k tickets out of the full entitlement which is on paper 12,000.

What I'm saying to you is when the club get their excel spreadsheet of those registered tickets issued won't be pot luck, before offering any tickets to those on the list I imagine it will be checked for duplicates, people asking for stupid amounts and finally comparing with the existing club database.

Everyone who deserves one will get a ticket.

You are suggesting in that argument that the Ballot will be oversubscribed, hence the disappointment.

I expect the 3,000 season ticket holders to take between 7k-9k tickets out of the full entitlement which is on paper 12,000.

What I'm saying to you is when the club get their excel spreadsheet of those registered tickets issued won't be pot luck, before offering any tickets to those on the list I imagine it will be checked for duplicates, people asking for stupid amounts and finally comparing with the existing club database.

Everyone who deserves one will get a ticket.

I hope so mate, I really do. If they don't get a ticket I'll be giving them mine.

I wouldn't feel right going to the game knowing they were sitting in a pub after missing out on a ballot.

did the prices actually shoot up because we won the semi final?

had the airlines done research into where people were most likely to be travelling from to the scottish cup final or did every flight to the uk jump in price?

seems a bit far fetched.

Very good :doh:

Singapore has a huge British expat community, is it really that "far fetched" for airline to take advantage when they can?

Here's a wee scenario for you: Imagine a company seeing their ticket sales going through the roof for some unknown, weird reason. Thousands of people online checking flight availability and pricing for the same flights for Cup Final week and loadsa reasonably priced seats disapearing rapidly..... If you owned the business would you not try to take advantage?

Give yourself a shake.

Simple business decision - demand went through the roof and they adjusted prices to capitalise.

Ryanair schedulers sit watching the UEFA draws and bump up prices of any direct and nearby airport flights as the pairings come out the hat.

If the price went up £150 it would have been because of two things, availability on that specific flight diminished or the dates of flights moving from one "season" into another pricier one.

I can see a carrier such as BA, Qantas or American bumping up their prices in August next year significantly due to the interest in the Olympics on any London bound flights, however I can't see them hovering their mouses over a button when Charlie Mulgrew's free kick hit the back of the net. What we talking at most, 150-300 people flying into Scotland from various locations worldwide (ignore Ireland), not really in the thought process of any airline.

Using your example, how many Motherwell and Celtic fans out of a total of 53,000 available seat will book a flight back from Singapore (into London remember not direct to Glasgow unless via Dubai or some other hub) because of this final? How many will travel on the exact same dates, some may come back for a fleeting visit, some may want to combine it with a longer stay at home. 5-10 max? I'd say you'd be lucky, the Scottish Cup Final won't even be on their radar.

Ryanair schedulers sit watching the UEFA draws and bump up prices of any direct and nearby airport flights to the pairings out the hat.

If the price went up £150 it would have been because of two things, availability on that specific flight diminished or the dates of flights moving from one "season" into another pricier one.

I can see a carrier such as BA, Qantas or American bumping up their prices in August next year significantly due to the interest in the Olympics, however I can't see them hovering their mouses over a button when Charlie Mulgrew's free kick hit the back of the net. What we talking at most, 150-300 people flying into Scotland from various locations, not really in the thought process of any airline.

How many people out of 53,000 will book a flight back from Singapore (into London remember not direct to Glasgow unless via Dubai or some other hub) because of this final? How many will travel on the exact same dates, some may come back for a fleeting visit, some may want to combine it with a longer stay at home.

I'm not denying there may be folk hired by Ryanair to do this dirty work but truth be told I wouldn't expect a human decision to influence these prices. It would be an automated system that number crunches based on purchase rates/seat availablity as a fail safe until a 'scheduler' can figure what has caused the surge and adjust prices accordingly if, any seats left at all. I work in finance and we have 2 systems in place to do this for us with another being implemented in Q3 of 2011.

A depending on the availability of flights and size of craft they could struggle with availability. (A 777 will take over 300 but a 737 will take around 120.) Either way there may only be 2/3 flights out per day heading for the UK and they never tend to be lacking in passengers so trying to get home for the Thursday and get settled could be a tricky task for Scottish expats. I think 200-300 expats sounds about right for the game but these flights are seldom empty when flying so trying to get these many folk on a plane with limited space would flag up if they all tried to book within an hour of the game finishing.

Both our systems act quickly and we figure it all out shortly thereafter.

Sorry, but that is absolute nonsense. Unfortunately your understanding of the Ryanair scenario emphasises it.

I could go into it in detail but I outlined the generalities in the previous post.

However, this is going off on a tangent and therefore away from the thread topic.

Sorry but i find it complete nonsense that because you have an understanding of Ryanair's operating procedures you presume they must be the same to every other Airline that flying between Singapore/NY to the UK. Your absolutely right though, it's off topic, so....