Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock Discussion Thread

AndyRoss

I've just retitled this to make it the actual match discussion thread, although I wouldn't blame any 'Well fan for avoiding actual match threads in the run-up to the cup final.

It appears that the majority of the players are avoiding actual matches until the cup final.

Yes the players aren't bothering about these games prior to the final so why should i bother going on wednesday. Will give it a miss much as i suspect our players will. IF we win the cup i'll forgive them for these games. :rolleyes:

McCall says......“Whether one or two of them had their eyes on Hampden I don't know but I don't want to go there on a run like this.

“There's no doubt that we've got to be stronger than that. Now we need a big performance and a good result on Wednesday.”

For 'attractive footballing reasons' the Killie fans I know want Shiels as their manager. In saying that they haven't won in the six games he has been in charge. Killie have secured 5th. Can't be convinced otherwise. Hopefully, at the very least, we give them a game.

Wednesday is time for a good shift from all the player to get the fans up for the final!

team play well, the club hype it up, mibi tell people that the shop have a decent selection of final merch in the over the p.a.

lets get up for the final with an outstanding display against killie :drinks:

We need to get things back on track. All though we lost the last game of the league season before the last Scottish Cup final we went into that final on a great run of form with all the confidence that brought to the team. We don't want to go into this final on the back of a run of calamitous results.

We should play our strongest team in the next two matches and tell players if they don't play in these games they won't be playing in the final.

My worst fear is we switch off in the run up to the final and then can't switch back on. And I personal think it will be very difficult to go from 5 matches of constantly alternating line ups and a general lack of effort to suddenly then go to the top of your game, which we will need to be to win.

I agree we should play our strongest team against killie. Im hoping to see a return of form for a couple of our players who have went off the boil since the semi. However i can understand how players might have one eye on the final, but with celtic on sunday i wouldn't like to go into the cup final on the back of 4 defeats and a shedload of goals conceded.

get as strong a team possible out, build a bit of confidence and get the win. As much as as a fan you can look logically at reasons for the two heavy defeats there is always going to be the illogical part putting a dampner on things. So a nice dedicated performance a win would be most welcome!

Also I'm a ST holder and I'd be delghted if they cut ticket prices for this one. Can't beat a bit of atmosphere for the last home game

Hoping for a reaction from the players after 2 poor performances. Get the first choice XI out, and hopefully we get a strong performance to send us into the cup final next week with a bit more positivity.

Also, does anyone know where the Killie fans will be housed tomorrow? Is the South or in the POD stand like the last time? Squirrelhumper thinks they'll bring a decent crowd through as it's Eremenko's last game for them.

Hoping for a reaction from the players after 2 poor performances. Get the first choice XI out, and hopefully we get a strong performance to send us into the cup final next week with a bit more positivity.

Also, does anyone know where the Killie fans will be housed tomorrow? Is the South or in the POD stand like the last time? Squirrelhumper thinks they'll bring a decent crowd through as it's Eremenko's last game for them.

should be able to sit in the dugout id imagine!

Heard the same thing from one of my mates. Says there are a good few only coming because its his last game.

should be able to sit in the dugout id imagine!

Just like the last midweek game we played at FP when we queued up in pishing rain only to be told the away end was full? Hopefully 1) There is more than 2 turnstyles open 2) If we are in the main stand, we aren't split up into two sections at opposite ends.

If we are in the Top Tier of the South, I think i'll go in home end. The view up there is grim.

Whatever starting 11 McCall plans to play in the final should be the starting 11 that starts tomorrow night and all guns blazing right from the word go!!

If tomorrow night turns out to be another insipid performance and we go on to get humped in the final major questions will be asked of how our preparation for the biggest game in 20 years was so apparently insufficient.

Win the final and nobody will give a fuck however!

On that note, why do away supports get punted up the top tier? Always found that strange :blink:

As Aaron has mentioned I've heard its along those lines too. That where its been raining say and the bottom tier is wet they'll put visiting teams with smaller supports up the top tier where there's less danger of folk slipping.

Does nothing to help the atmosphere though.

As Aaron has mentioned I've heard its along those lines too. That where its been raining say and the bottom tier is wet they'll put visiting teams with smaller supports up the top tier where there's less danger of folk slipping.

Does nothing to help the atmosphere though.

Club's choice, no point having the away fans making an atmosphere to encourage the away team.

Wouldn't blame anyone for not going to this game. Expect more of the same with the players tip-toeing around like a bunch of pansies scared of getting hurt. Really admired Stoke who 6 days before possibly the biggest game in their teams history they were flying into tackles and totally dominated a strong Arsenal side. Fortune favours the brave and your more likely to get injured by tackling half heartedly.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit more attitude tonight than the last couple of games. I think we'll see a pretty normal team tonight, with players being rested for Sunday instead to give a rest as well as to not "show our hand" for the final.

I think it'll be:

Randolph

Hateley - Hutchinson - Craigan - Hammell

Humphrey - Jennings - Lasley - Murphy

Sutton - Jeffers

Provided Jeffers, Hammell and Humphrey are fit, otherwise I could see Gunning in at left back and/or Murphy being punted forward with a midfield reshuffle.

Last home game of the season so fingers crossed we'll put a performance in. Anything along the lines of last season's closing home fixture would be great (although could do without the defensive performance).

Reasonably close game, 1-1 or maybe a 2-1 win for the good guys.

i hope to see a bit more urgency and tempo to our play which has been lacking the last 2 peformances and a clean sheet wouldny go a miss.prediciton us to dominate the game then killie will mug us of the 3 points with 1 of there few efforts at goal